Piracy

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:30 pm

So what about music bought digitally? Do you know much about that stubby?
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:51 pm

stubby wrote:
razgriz 25th inf. wrote:Wow, really? When I say free, it means I could go into the game files, and convert the music to a format more usable.

This is just as illegal as downloading, and RIAA prosecutes it under the same set of laws. They even started spitting out lawsuits for converting tracks off a legally-bought CD to mp3s for personal use on your own legally-bought computer, which came as a bad surprise to a bunch of people six and seven years ago. Basically, regardless of whether you illegally download or legally purchase RIAA products, they'll find a way to punish you for it.

I find it hilarious that STUBBY, of all people, was actually mutually respectful and backed up his opinion with facts. Stubs, i stand corrected. Although i DID say i never converted the music. For the rest of you: Y U NO READ POST?! Y U BE DOUCHEBAG?!
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:58 pm

We were all criticizing your wording, hypocrisy, and contradiction, not your actions.

EDIT: And nice image fail.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby stubby » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:59 pm

OneEye589 wrote:So what about music bought digitally? Do you know much about that stubby?

Depends entirely on who you buy them from. DRM stuff pretty obviously tries to prevent you from doing anything at all, but every place offering DRM-free music has different terms for what you can and can't do with it, and sometimes a single digital store may sell different tracks with different sets of usage rights attached from their different publishers. It's all a mess.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:40 pm

OneEye589 wrote:We were all criticizing your wording, hypocrisy, and contradiction, not your actions.

EDIT: And nice image fail.

*sigh* why is it so fucking easy to hate you, yet be difficult as well? i don't understand why EVERYTHING i say just HAS to be criticized. why can't you listen to what i say? its fucking text! are you just reading halfway? are you even reading at all? i never contradicted myself, im not a hypocrite(how can i be, when i don't actually pirate stuff? its psuedo-pirating(which is to say i don't actively pirate) what i do because i cannot cause the band(or, rather, the record company) any harm. when did i contradict myself? when did i use bad wording? so many questions that will probably never get answered directly or willingly.
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor

Postby Zupponn » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:06 pm

Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Are you trolling or just retarded? I did answer you already. I don't hate you, you just say stupid shit often. I am also not the only person criticizing you. Stubhawk just called you out on your ignorance, too.

I don't know what kind of man crush you have on me, but it needs to stop. Right now.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:56 pm

Thats it, im leaving the thread.

razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor

Postby Nitewatchman » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:44 pm

It's cool, I only pirate pr0n.

Why don't you cry for the pr0n people? They're losing munnies, too.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
Nitewatchman
Galidor

Postby enders_shadow » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:55 pm

but they have a backup career :D (or should I say, :warhead:)
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:57 pm

Those bastards? They can take it quietly. :roll:
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Bragallot » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:54 am

razgriz 25th inf. wrote:
stubby wrote:
razgriz 25th inf. wrote:Wow, really? When I say free, it means I could go into the game files, and convert the music to a format more usable.

This is just as illegal as downloading, and RIAA prosecutes it under the same set of laws. They even started spitting out lawsuits for converting tracks off a legally-bought CD to mp3s for personal use on your own legally-bought computer, which came as a bad surprise to a bunch of people six and seven years ago. Basically, regardless of whether you illegally download or legally purchase RIAA products, they'll find a way to punish you for it.

I find it hilarious that STUBBY, of all people, was actually mutually respectful and backed up his opinion with facts. Stubs, I stand corrected. Although I DID say I never converted the music. For the rest of you: Y U NO READ POST?! Y U BE DOUCHEBAG?!

Regardless of the current... discussion... Yeah OneEye is pretty bad at reading and interpreting other peoples posts the right way. He's not called OneEye for nothing ya know.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:05 am

What? I'm the best reader out of ALL of you. Or at least most of you.

It's the hearing part that I suck at. I only have one eye you know.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Bragallot » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:35 am

Lol OneEye you're not even funny. Luckily that in itself is somewhat funny.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:38 am

I was being serious.
OneEye589
Pooplord

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion