I Am a Worthless Piece of Shit About my Computer

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Postby mgb519 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:27 pm

I have no problems with it so far.
User avatar
mgb519
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2520
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 pm
Location: ATL

Postby Tzan » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Yeah, I've been on Win 7 for 1.5 years, no problems.
User avatar
Tzan
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4795
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Postby White Nun » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Tzan wrote:Yeah, I've been on Win 7 for 1.5 years, no problems.


Only one and a half years? Oooooooooo it's still early day yet. When you're well and truly lulled into feeling that all is absolutely fine, - that's when it will strike you down.

Image
Image
User avatar
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:59 pm
Location: New Zealand

Postby Jbgarrison » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:16 pm

White Nun wrote:Only one and a half years? Oooooooooo it's still early day yet. When you're well and truly lulled into feeling that all is absolutely fine, - that's when it will strike you down.

Image


:myth:

White Nun wins the thread. :)
Hoboman wrote:I forgot for a moment what forum I was on like Bonn-o-Tron.

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison
Spokane, Washington, USA
TROLOLO
Jbgarrison
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:31 am
Location: Spokane, Washington

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:06 pm

PSSSSSH. Solution to every single computer problem?
6. Get a Macbook pro
7. Get VMware player
8. DL the VM Linux and Win7
9. Play every game you want on Win7, code on Linux, use OS X for work
10. When one program or something doesn't want to work on one OS, use the same program/process on another OS
11. ???
12. Profit!
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

Image
User avatar
razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor
 
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: probably tumblr because i fucking suck

Postby 501stCadians » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:07 pm

Vmware fucking sucks.

Seriously.

Use bootcamp like someone who is not a douche.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Image
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
User avatar
501stCadians
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Postby Zupponn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:01 am

This is something I never get: If Windows is supposed to be so bad, then why do Mac owners keep insisting on running it?
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies
 
Posts: 5397
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Postby Silverdream » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:03 am

Zupponn wrote:This is something I never get: If Windows is supposed to be so bad, then why do Mac owners keep insisting on running it?


I didn't know you could run windows on a mac. I feel like such a filthy noob.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7316
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Postby aoffan23 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:06 am

Zupponn wrote:This is something I never get: If Windows is supposed to be so bad, then why do Mac owners keep insisting on running it?


:ftw:
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.



I agree with Warhead.
User avatar
aoffan23
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3184
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 pm
Location: America's conjoined twin.

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:08 am

Zupponn wrote:This is something I never get: If Windows is supposed to be so bad, then why do Mac owners keep insisting on running it?

Because of two reasons.

6. Games.
7. Because most people who do this had windows first and decided to get a mac and still wanted their trusted Windows layout. The reason they bought a mac in the first place was probably because a mac actually has pretty good and especially reliable hardware (Vista actually runs the best on a Mac).
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
User avatar
*CRAZYHORSE*
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Procrasturbating.

Postby mgb519 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:25 am

So in other words, it's windows with a custom pc.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.


That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
User avatar
mgb519
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2520
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 pm
Location: ATL

Postby muffinman42 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:05 pm

windows is crap for games. the only thing that makes it viable is that most game developers ONLY develop their game for console or windows.
open "task manager" look at all the processes running, now count how many are needed for the game, and look at how much memory each is using.
windows is a mother fucking memory eater! and they keep inflating hardware requirements instead of just being more efficient.
User avatar
muffinman42
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1397
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: Gale Crator

Postby 501stCadians » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:51 pm

muffinman42 wrote:windows is crap for games. the only thing that makes it viable is that most game developers ONLY develop their game for console or windows.
open "task manager" look at all the processes running, now count how many are needed for the game, and look at how much memory each is using.
windows is a mother fucking memory eater! and they keep inflating hardware requirements instead of just being more efficient.


Because game companies get a good chunk of funding from hardware companies. They want people to go "Oh, this game looks cool, but it looks like i'll need to upgrade my processor." I bought a cheap little desktop that's served me well for a year and a half, and i'm only just upgrading it(i got a free Nvida 9800).

The name of the game with computers is you have to know what you are doing, so you don't end up wasting money. My friend with whom i brikwar with uses an powermac from 2003.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Image
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
User avatar
501stCadians
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Postby muffinman42 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:22 pm

501stCadians wrote:
muffinman42 wrote:-snip-


Because game companies get a good chunk of funding from hardware companies. They want people to go "Oh, this game looks cool, but it looks like I'll need to upgrade my processor." I bought a cheap little desktop that's served me well for a year and a half, and I'm only just upgrading it(I got a free Nvida 9800).

The name of the game with computers is you have to know what you are doing, so you don't end up wasting money. My friend with whom I brikwar with uses an powermac from 2003.

yeah hardware matters, but windows is still inefficient and clunky. by hardware inflation i mean like how Net-books can't handle windows 7 yet handle Ubuntu like a boss.
If theirs less shit being done by the OS then more shit can be done by other processes.
User avatar
muffinman42
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1397
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: Gale Crator

Postby 501stCadians » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:51 pm

muffinman42 wrote:
501stCadians wrote:
muffinman42 wrote:-snip-


Because game companies get a good chunk of funding from hardware companies. They want people to go "Oh, this game looks cool, but it looks like I'll need to upgrade my processor." I bought a cheap little desktop that's served me well for a year and a half, and I'm only just upgrading it(I got a free Nvida 9800).

The name of the game with computers is you have to know what you are doing, so you don't end up wasting money. My friend with whom I brikwar with uses an powermac from 2003.

yeah hardware matters, but windows is still inefficient and clunky. by hardware inflation I mean like how Net-books can't handle windows 7 yet handle Ubuntu like a boss.
If theirs less shit being done by the OS then more shit can be done by other processes.
]

You are missing the point. Microsoft does this too; the purposely inflate hardware so that the hardware companies get sales, too.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Image
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
User avatar
501stCadians
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron