Nordic
67%
Mediteranean
8%
Other
25%

Total votes : 24

Postby Hoboman » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:12 pm

No Thank You Silver, I do not want to have sex with you.
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:59 pm

Warhead wrote:Image

Fuzzy Wuzzies, they don't like it up 'em. Bayonet that is.

That guy on the left really doesn't give a fuck now doesn't he?
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby Hoboman » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:18 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:
Warhead wrote:Image

Fuzzy Wuzzies, they don't like it up 'em. Bayonet that is.

That guy on the left really doesn't give a fuck now doesn't he?

Or he is so manly that he does not mind reloading with the enemy so close. :wink:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby Warhead » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:26 am

...and not a fuck was given that day. 8)
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Semaj Nagirrac » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:02 am

To be fair, the map posted is pretty much worthless from a geneological standpoint. Europeans can not be categorized in only three areas. It would take a couple pages of explanation on top of a semester of study to really find the ethnic divisions within the continent.
Basically, you have the latins who are the Italians, Spanish, Portugese, French and the Romanians. The Greeks are their own group (Hellenic). The Germans who are Germans (Germany, Swiss, Austria), Swedes, Norwegians, Icelanders, Danes, Dutch and the English. The Celts which are made up of Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Cornish, Bretons and Galicians. And Slavs which are Russian, Slovokian, Croation, Macedonian, Czech, Ukrainian, Polish and Serbians with a few others. Other groups are the Basque, Albanians, Baltic (Latvia and Lithuania) and Finno-Ugric peoples. Finno-Ugric includes the peoples of Finland, the Lapps, Estonia, and Hungary. The Finno-Ugric peoples are not Indo-European as well as the Basque.
Turks are Turkic. Duh.
England is an anomoly compared to the rest of Europe as the English are a blend of many peoples, primarily Celtic, Ancient Briton, Germanic and Latin (from the Roman Empire and later France).
Also, the Normans from France were actually descendants of Viking raiders. They adopted much of the French culture, but were not French.
It can get confusing.

Scandinavia has its name from Scania, a province in southern Sweden. Also, some believe the name derives from Skadi, the Norse Goddess of winter.

As for myself, I have family from Ireland, Scotland, England, Sweden, Russia, Germany, Austria, Hungary and Italy. My wifes mother is a Finn and her dads family is Scottish, Irish and Norwegian.

Hope this helps.
Semaj Nagirrac
Dimmy

Postby Tzan » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:42 am

Semaj Nagirrac wrote:To be fair, the map posted is pretty much worthless from a geneological standpoint. Europeans can not be categorized in only three areas. It would take a couple pages of explanation on top of a semester of study to really find the ethnic divisions within the continent.
Basically, you have the latins who are the Italians, Spanish, Portugese, French and the Romanians. The Greeks are their own group (Hellenic). The Germans who are Germans (Germany, Swiss, Austria), Swedes, Norwegians, Icelanders, Danes, Dutch and the English. The Celts which are made up of Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Cornish, Bretons and Galicians. And Slavs which are Russian, Slovokian, Croation, Macedonian, Czech, Ukrainian, Polish and Serbians with a few others. Other groups are the Basque, Albanians, Baltic (Latvia and Lithuania) and Finno-Ugric peoples. Finno-Ugric includes the peoples of Finland, the Lapps, Estonia, and Hungary. The Finno-Ugric peoples are not Indo-European as well as the Basque.
Turks are Turkic. Duh.
England is an anomoly compared to the rest of Europe as the English are a blend of many peoples, primarily Celtic, Ancient Briton, Germanic and Latin (from the Roman Empire and later France).
Also, the Normans from France were actually descendants of Viking raiders. They adopted much of the French culture, but were not French.
It can get confusing.

Scandinavia has its name from Scania, a province in southern Sweden. Also, some believe the name derives from Skadi, the Norse Goddess of winter.

As for myself, I have family from Ireland, Scotland, England, Sweden, Russia, Germany, Austria, Hungary and Italy. My wifes mother is a Finn and her dads family is Scottish, Irish and Norwegian.

Hope this helps.

:godwin:
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Warhead » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:48 pm

Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Keldoclock » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:10 am

I self identify first as Slavic, then as white.
Alpine by your chart, though I like to imagine my ancestors being Vikings.
I'm Ukrainian, born in Kharkov.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Previous

Return to General Discussion