Life is filled with Ironic Moments.......

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Life is filled with Ironic Moments.......

Postby Hoboman » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby Silverdream » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Re: Life is filled with Ironic Moments.......

Postby Bragallot » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:40 pm

It's probably wrong for me to be laughing at this, but I am. I think their helmets usually look pretty cool (usually more than the face of the guy wearing them) so I don't see why they should protest against it. Bicycle helmets, on the other hand, look way too stupid, they should change them.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
Silent-sigfig wrote:
motorhead fan wrote:Colette, why have they all got soup stains on they're coats

One characteristic of nerds is lack of hygiene
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby mgb519 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:16 pm

That's basically a retelling of several Darwin awards.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby solvess » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:12 pm

Silverdream wrote:http://ca.news.yahoo.com/israeli-couple-confess-stealing-objects-auschwitz-memorial-suspended-155057457.html

Are you trying to troll?
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."
solvess
Galidor

Postby Silverdream » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:48 pm

solvess wrote:
Silverdream wrote:http://ca.news.yahoo.com/israeli-couple-confess-stealing-objects-auschwitz-memorial-suspended-155057457.html

Are you trying to troll?

So it's not ironic that two jewish people(Stereotypically known for stealing) stole from their own memorial?

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Zahru II » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:44 pm

Bragallot wrote:It's probably wrong for me to be laughing at this, but I am.

Think of it as the natural selection of the 21st century.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Jbgarrison » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:12 pm

I still disagree with the U.S. helmet and seatbelt requirement laws.

I personally would wear helmet and full leathers with boots and I gladly wear a seatbelt, but despite that, I am only barely civil in my resistance to government sticking its nose into peoples' personal choice. Nothing fumes me more than rights and liberties (even the liberty to be a stupid-ass) taken away by overzealous soccer moms and insurance companies organized into lobbys to protect us from ourselves.

On the other hand, I believe that if someone chooses to forgo wearing a helmet and requires extended care, that the American tax payers should not have to foot the bill.

To me, that rider was illustrating a point and took a risk, and it turned out to be a bad risk. Have any of you taken risks? I certainly have... probably more stupid ones than this rider demonstrating without a helmet.

Just sayin'. :)

(Also, Silverdream, jews are not known for stealing, where did you hear that? The irony would be that the jews taking items from Auschwitz probably actually had at least a tiny bit of right to them)
Hoboman wrote:I forgot for a moment what forum I was on like Bonn-o-Tron.

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison
Spokane, Washington, USA
TROLOLO
Jbgarrison
Cannon Fodder

Postby Silverdream » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:23 pm

Jbgarrison wrote:(Also, Silverdream, jews are not known for stealing, where did you hear that? The irony would be that the jews taking items from Auschwitz probably actually had at least a tiny bit of right to them)

Maybe it's a local thing, but the jewish stereotype is that they all have big noses, are cheap, hairy, steal everything, scam people and want to be lawyers.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby solvess » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:03 pm

Silverdream wrote:
Jbgarrison wrote:(Also, Silverdream, jews are not known for stealing, where did you hear that? The irony would be that the jews taking items from Auschwitz probably actually had at least a tiny bit of right to them)

Maybe it's a local thing, but the jewish stereotype is that they all have big noses, are cheap, hairy, steal everything, scam people and want to be lawyers.

Well here it's that they have big noses lots of money and control everything.
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."
solvess
Galidor

Postby White Nun » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:55 pm

Jbgarrison wrote:To me, that rider was illustrating a point and took a risk, and it turned out to be a bad risk. Have any of you taken risks? I certainly have... probably more stupid ones than this rider demonstrating without a helmet.

Just sayin'. :)

His mistake was in relying on the brakes on a Harley D to stop him safely. When I was still riding motorcycles here it was commonplace for motorcyclists to wave to each other out on the open road. HD riders were noted for not waving back and me and my friends always thought that was because they were too frightened to let go of the handlebars in case they went into a tankslapper. I had a ride on the back of Harley once and all I can remember is the constant sound of the thing grounding on every corner and the way it handled like a shingle truck.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Alex » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Bragallot wrote:It's probably wrong for me to be laughing at this, but I am. I think their helmets usually look pretty cool (usually more than the face of the guy wearing them) so I don't see why they should protest against it. Bicycle helmets, on the other hand, look way too stupid, they should change them.

I once saw a biker who had a chrome helmet where the front looked like a skull. He also had a jacket that looked like a skeleton and was riding a bike that was painted with orange flames. He looked pretty badass.
Alex
Dimmy

Postby Zupponn » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:01 pm

White Nun wrote:When I was still riding motorcycles

White Nun gets more and more awesome as she posts. :D
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby stubby » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:42 pm

Zupponn wrote:
White Nun wrote:When I was still riding motorcycles

White Nun gets more and more awesome as she posts. :D

That's just normal for New Zealanders. Motorcycles, swordfighting, Haka dancing, orcish armies, and rugby are mandatory from kindergarten through high school. That's why they film stuff like Xena and LOTR down there - they save money on scriptwriting by just putting cameras out and filming all the medieval mass combat everyone was already doing anyway.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Rody » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:15 am

Bragallot wrote:

It's probably wrong for me to be laughing at this, but I am. I think their helmets usually look pretty cool (usually more than the face of the guy wearing them) so I don't see why they should protest against it. Bicycle helmets, on the other hand, look way too stupid, they should change them.

people actually wear bicycle helmets?
I have only ever seen them on families of four with toddlers on bikes.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Next

Return to General Discussion