Bike

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Postby Silverdream » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:40 pm

Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:I walked my dog today and saw a turtle. True story.

One day a long time ago, I was riding through a thunder storm. There was a massive downpour that created a 3 foot wide river down a slope in the road.
As I rode by I saw a turtle wandering through that into the street. I stopped, picked him up, walked into the woods a bit and let him go.

He was about 12" diameter.

Today I was alerted to the turtle's presence by a silly old lady with a dog. She was worried that people had taken it from the pond that it couldn't live without. I knowing nothing about turtles went along with it. I took her dog and waited for her to go to her home, get mittens, jackets and a cult box for which to transport the turtle to the pond. After I told the story to your Mom and she said that turtles are fine in the woods and that I was being stupid.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Tzan » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:48 pm

Yeah, my Mom was right. They travel between ponds.
I think mine heard the stream sounds in the road and went to investigate.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Rody » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:53 pm

White Nun wrote:And Rody, finding yourself a 'new' bicycle at the railway station is not a nice thing to do at all.

then don't ever buy good bikes cheaper than... say 20, 30 euros from that dude nearby.
It is a somewhat well-known method of getting a new bike.
not locking your bike basically means that it will be stolen if you leave it.

there's a reason we dutch use massive chain locks on rusty bikes/deathtraps
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Silverdream » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:54 pm

Tzan wrote:Yeah, my Mom was right. They travel between ponds.
I think mine heard the stream sounds in the road and went to investigate.

Mine was probly thinking "Hey there aren't many lady/guy turtles around here" and left in search of a mate or something. There's also only one pond at my park. The closest open water source from there would be the beach but I doubt he/she'd like that.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:57 pm

My bike's all rusted, I need a new one.

We get turtles around here all the time in the boonies. People usually aim for them on the road, especially the big snapping turtles. I usually pick them up, put them in my back seat, and put them in my pond at home.

Last year saved a snapper about this size on my road who had been clipped by a truck on it's back end. Shell cracked and everything.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby White Nun » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:21 pm

Bad people for trying to run over turtles :x

White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby subyrally » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:53 am

i need to get out and ride. think ill try to get some down hill riding tis weekend if i can get anyone else to go, otherwise, ill ride on of my XC bikes for a bit. maybe some bmx, but i doubt it, my bmx needs to be scrapped and i should build a new one.
"Warning: Small children may present a choking hazard when consumed."
TROLOLO
subyrally
Dimmy

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:22 am

Rody wrote:
White Nun wrote:And Rody, finding yourself a 'new' bicycle at the railway station is not a nice thing to do at all.

then don't ever buy good bikes cheaper than... say 20, 30 euros from that dude nearby.
It is a somewhat well-known method of getting a new bike.
not locking your bike basically means that it will be stolen if you leave it.

there's a reason we dutch use massive chain locks on rusty bikes/deathtraps

It's a Dutch thing.
If you buy an expenisve good looking bike it will be gone in a month, you are just asking for it.
At the Train stations there are always crazy amounts of bikes and if people don't want theirs anymore (becose they are to crappy, broken, bought a new one or where so drunk that they completely lost it) they will a lot of times leave their bike open somewhere on the street.
In the Netherlands that's not stealing it's recycling because otherwise they will be brought to the scrapyard by the goverment.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby White Nun » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:36 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:It's a Dutch thing.
If you buy an expenisve good looking bike it will be gone in a month, you are just asking for it.
At the Train stations there are always crazy amounts of bikes and if people don't want theirs anymore (becose they are to crappy, broken, bought a new one or where so drunk that they completely lost it) they will a lot of times leave their bike open somewhere on the street.
In the Netherlands that's not stealing it's recycling because otherwise they will be brought to the scrapyard by the goverment.

Ok.......... now that you've explained that I understand it much better now. I approve of recycling and especially bicycles. Quite a few of the really nice old bicycles I have either came from the local council dump, or else were repaired with parts from the same place. :D
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:20 pm

My math tutor apparently saves turtles. She occasionally shows up in class with a turtle rescued from the highway- bloody mad, she is. All the girls in class squeal with cute overload.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Silverdream » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:13 am

Ross_Varn wrote:My math tutor apparently saves turtles. She occasionally shows up in class with a turtle rescued from the highway- bloody mad, she is. All the girls in class squeal with cute overload.

And you don't think turtles are cute? I would be happy for the fact that it's time you don't have to do math and time that you can look at turtles.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:22 am

Silverdream wrote:
Ross_Varn wrote:My math tutor apparently saves turtles. She occasionally shows up in class with a turtle rescued from the highway- bloody mad, she is. All the girls in class squeal with cute overload.

And you don't think turtles are cute? I would be happy for the fact that it's time you don't have to do math and time that you can look at squealing girls.

Fix'd.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby Silverdream » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:25 am

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:
Silverdream wrote:

And you don't think turtles are cute? I would be happy for the fact that it's time you don't have to do math and time that you can look at squealing girls.

Fix'd.

In the netherlands do girls not make your ears bleed by squealing at Justin Bieber or whatever girls squeal at? Still, with some earplugs I can enjoy looking at girls.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:28 am

Yes but in my experience a Justin Bieber squeal is different from a turtle squeal. It's the difference between IIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!! OMG MAKE ME PREGNANT!!!!! and Aaahwwwww he's so cute!
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby Silverdream » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:22 am

Oh, well in that case you should definitely be checking out the girls and looking at the cute turtle.

Silverdream
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion