The weather.......

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Postby stubby » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:58 pm

ikensall wrote:It's a statistic that they cost more energy than they could ever produce in their entire lifetime.

Next question: how many gallons of petroleum does it take to grow the corn to produce a gallon of ethanol?
stubby
forum janitor

Postby muffinman42 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:14 pm

0 if you use coal. :lol:
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby ikensall » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:35 am

Does miracle-grow work for corn?
ikensall
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Hoboman » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:45 am

stubby wrote:
ikensall wrote:It's a statistic that they cost more energy than they could ever produce in their entire lifetime.

Next question: how many gallons of petroleum does it take to grow the corn to produce a gallon of ethanol?

I don't know th eanswer to that question, but I did see a study that claimed it took almost 60% more energy to make the corn based ethanol then the energy it would produce. So a net loss. :lol:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby Silverdream » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:09 pm

And also: fuck PETA.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Keldoclock » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Yeah, corn-ethonal is very inefficient, and only really gets made because of the government paying the farmers.

Sugarcane ethanol works pretty well, but you can't grow it in the US of A. Sweet gig if you're Brazillian, though.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby Hoboman » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:29 pm

Keldoclock wrote:Sugarcane ethanol works pretty well, but you can't grow it in the US of A.

Don't tell that to the Sugercane farmers in Florida, Louisiana, Texas and Hawaii ok. Wouldn't want them to stop growing domestic crops used in the US. :wink:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby heavyfishcannon » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Silverdream wrote:And also: fuck PETA.

Yeah, it's pretty funny how they act all "Holier than thou" when they have a kill ratio of 97.4% because they get all pissy about little things. Like Obama swatting a fly. That's fucked up, period.
“PETA has killed over 17,000 pets since 1998. Given the group's astonishing habit of killing adoptable dogs and cults with such ruthless efficiency, it's only fair that the state of Virginia refer to PETA as a slaughterhouse.” - David Martosko.

In hindsight, I think there's a brikwar idea in there somewhere.
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"
heavyfishcannon
Cannon Fodder

Postby ikensall » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:56 pm

Sorry for interupting all your off topic rambling about PETA and such, but apparently it's snowing now in new zealand (in places where it hasn't snowed since 1930 (or something).
ikensall
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Rody » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:13 am

weather's getting too warm, I want to see another 11-city tour in my life time damnit.

gotta have better winters, where it don't snow constantly but where you still freeze your ass of.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby White Nun » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:08 pm

ikensall wrote:Sorry for interupting all your off topic rambling about PETA and such, but apparently it's snowing now in new zealand (in places where it hasn't snowed since 1930 (or something).

Yes and it's been really cold too :( The news on the telly was full of pictures of folk running around catching snowflakes in downtown Auckland which is our largest northernmost city where it just plain does not snow ever!
Seems the wind and ocean currents have shifted so that instead of the cold air from Antarctica swinging round the long way and coming up the Tasman Sea it's now just cutting straight across the shorter distance and hitting our East Coast.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:52 pm

Rody wrote:gotta have better winters, where it don't snow constantly but where you still freeze your ass of.

Funny I like it exactly the other way around.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Previous

Return to General Discussion