Shield Guns

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Postby mgb519 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:38 pm

Where does the water come from? I don't think you can carry enough, considering that flamethrowers typically produce temperatures over 800 degrees in a matter of seconds, which would heat the shield till it burned the user's hands and they dropped the shield, even if the flames didn't touch. No, what I'd suggest is that there be some sort of discreet tripod which is always deployed but doesn't hinder the user (legs go to either side and in front). Then it could be deployed to block a hallway or used even if something like this happened.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Silverdream » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:51 pm

mgb519 wrote:Where does the water come from? I don't think you can carry enough, considering that flamethrowers typically produce temperatures over 800 degrees in a matter of seconds, which would heat the shield till it burned the user's hands and they dropped the shield, even if the flames didn't touch. No, what I'd suggest is that there be some sort of discreet tripod which is always deployed but doesn't hinder the user (legs go to either side and in front). Then it could be deployed to block a hallway or used even if something like this happened.

I'm joking. Maybe the shield gun could be OT? That way it couldn't burn up?

Of course things dying by fire is a brikwarsy method too.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Zupponn » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:01 am

The Timesplitters games have had a few guns with optional energy shields that extended outward from the gun.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby BFenix » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:21 am

A small explosive like a grenade would deal with the shields carrier. Not because his shield wouldn't handle the blast, but because it would impact against its bearer so bad it could kill him. But fuck that, this is Brikwars. Give him power armor or something and an indestructible shield and there you have it!
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Keldoclock » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:39 am

You could probably do a Gears-of-War style deal, where the shield is deployed using mounted weapon rules and provides a mobile bit of cover(2/3 is probably good), could be useful for antitank teams or snipers.

EDIT: I also remember some rules somewhere for an oil can that created a 3x4 wall of bricks. I'm sure you can build that out of 1x2s and have a firing port in it.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby mgb519 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:59 am

Zupponn wrote:The Timesplitters games have had a few guns with optional energy shields that extended outward from the gun.

Yeah, go with this.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Previous

Return to General Discussion