A difficulty with Brik Wars.......

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

A difficulty with Brik Wars.......

Postby White Nun » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Well it's like this, - I really enjoy building MOCs, - especially if they are Steampunk alternative universe type Vic Sci-Fi MOCs. And I get a big kick out of putting together and customising minifigs for my various factions and armies & etc...... BUT I can't actually fight a battle with them.
Whenever I try something inside me stops me and it simply doesn't happen. I can set up dioramas and at the moment The Dinoreich Britannian Garrison and the Americans are having wargame maneuvers on the coffee table in the lounge. However if I try to go beyond diorama setups and try to make a shooting battle with dice rolls and death and mayhem I can't do it.

I'm just going to have to accept that I don't want anybody hurting anybody even if they are just minifigs and not real people. :(
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby BFenix » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:49 pm

Nun, you must read the rulebook again and restore you eagerness for brick bloodshed and destruction! Otherwise you know what we call those who can't lead their figs to battle nor give their MOCs amazing engagements. Brikwussies. Im not saying you're one, but don't you feel bad when you look at your factions just sitting there? In their shelves? Accumulating dust? Unable to express their blinding need and thirst for battle with their poor dark round little eyes!?

YOU NEED A FORUM BATTLE, WOMAN! :iwolf: :studgod:

Otherwise, invite a friend over to play with you.
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Robot Monkey » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Why are you even on here, then?

EDIT: :idea: You could pretend your Brikwars are just more wargame manuevers, and the soldiers are using rubber bullets or paintballs!
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby White Nun » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:09 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:Why are you even on here, then?

EDIT: :idea: You could pretend your Brikwars are just more wargame manuevers, and the soldiers are using rubber bullets or paintballs!

Actually that is a really good idea. When real armies have wargame maneuvers they have a system of determining who is no longer allowed to play coz they got hit and I suppose I could do much the same thing.

Why am I here? - well for years I was a keen wargamer and the hobby still captures my interest in a big way. It's just that now with being a Religious sister I'm having an undecided moment as to whether I should be causing brick mayhem or not. Perhaps I'm just being silly. Perhaps I should get out my awful nasty UnDead bad guy army and have my wise and noble Elves paste them for therapeutic purposes........

:D
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby mgb519 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:13 pm

Assume everyone's one of Warhead's immortals. Then it doesn't matter when they die, because they're not really dead.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:30 pm

...they're Lego, Mega. The Immortals just exemplify the basic theory behind it all. Nobody really dies- depending on how bloodthirsty you're feeling, they may die a glorious bloody death, but they'll be back if they're epic enough.

Essentially, it doesn't matter, just knock them over or take them out if you wish, but I for one simply like seeing your fluff. It's a different end of the scale from just building armies and letting them gather dust.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Ham701 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:00 pm

Ah, but tearing apart units and vehicles is the best part!
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

Postby Natalya » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:27 pm

Sometimes I'm a softie too.

But Peaches must die.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Zahru II » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:19 am

You always reassemble them after every fight. No matter how bad they get shot, blasted or mutilated, they'll always get better. Keep that in mind.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby OneEye589 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:16 am

Pretend they're robots.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby ForlornCreature » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:50 am

Pretend they're minifigs
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Location: Animating lego in a dark room someplace in the savage land of Australia

Postby muffinman42 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:30 am

Builds that i built =/= brikwars armies.
Which is way i posted my "armys" under bricks, because i have no intention of breaking them. nor do i have rules for them.
when I want to brick war I improvise an army, A bunch of redcoats i have lying around, an old MOC, some hodgepodge terrain, some quickly made vehicles (or terrain on wheels as it sometimes appears).
I'm currently clearing stuff and might set up a brikwar. If I can be bothered I'll set it as a forum battle, though space is limited, so it will only a small skirmish at most, If i do then you can have a spot to help show you how.
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby BFenix » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:34 am

But with that method the best MOCs and armies you make wont see any action. And thats lame. :?
Last edited by BFenix on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby muffinman42 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:41 am

That's the idea. The complex moc that you spent ages choosing a colour scheme for only to forget or lose parts of is a pain to repair.
A throw away unit that you don't care for is much less lame than one you have to remove instead of breaking up.
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby Rody » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:20 am

I don't see your point, I broke up my best looking mocs for battle.
All it takes is some memory of how to put it back together, and if that doesn't work you figure out a better way.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Next

Return to General Discussion