Being chatted up......

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Re: Being chatted up......

Postby White Nun » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:35 pm

BFenix wrote:
White Nun wrote:When I was much younger I used to think that sex and people being made in two different genders was a bad idea (I even still have an unpublished manuscript on that theme somewhere). Perhaps in my heart of hearts I still think it's a bad idea (shrugs and sighs).

Although I understand, wait... not really - its not like I can, anyways, you know what I mean - I cannot figure that statement of yours out.

Its not like Im stopping you, but, despite unburdening with us, I don't see what kind of advice you expect from our majorly male forum :wink:

In essence I don't think I am seeking advice as such, but more the discussion of the subject with other thinking folk be they male or female. Believe it or not there are some forum members here (including yourself) who are possessed of a very sharp intelligence.

As to my other musings the whole question of nature vs nurture, human sexuality, as well as gender typing is a vast area of study which has yet to be explored. Having met a number of folk during the course of my life who are not exactly either male or female I couldn't help but to make an attempt to write a novel on this theme.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby ForlornCreature » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:17 pm

BFenix wrote:
White Nun wrote:When I was much younger I used to think that sex and people being made in two different genders was a bad idea (I even still have an unpublished manuscript on that theme somewhere). Perhaps in my heart of hearts I still think it's a bad idea (shrugs and sighs).

Although I understand, wait... not really - its not like I can, anyways, you know what I mean - I cannot figure that statement of yours out.

Its not like Im stopping you, but, despite unburdening with us, I don't see what kind of advice you expect from our majorly male forum :wink:

Also a majorly unreligious forum.
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Location: Animating lego in a dark room someplace in the savage land of Australia

Postby Silverdream » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:54 am

ForlornCreature wrote:
BFenix wrote:

Also a majorly unreligious forum.

BoB and The Triangle disagree.

Love is retarded btw. I'd rather have all of my short and unfulfilling relationships than be in love.
Last edited by Silverdream on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Hoboman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:57 am

ForlornCreature wrote:Also a majorly unreligious forum.

So because we are a Lego wargame forum with eclectic tastes and immature behavior we are automatically an unreligious forum?

Interesting conclusion.
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby Silverdream » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:59 am

Hoboman wrote:

So because we are a Lego wargame forum with eclectic tastes and immature behavior we are automatically an unreligious forum?

Interesting conclusion.

Nope. I should honestly post the results of the forum census so that it's easier for you guys to get this information.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Warhead » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:09 am

@WN: I think you're seeking some sort of understanding. I sense a moment of pride at being chatted up. It's no bad thing but if you don't realise it and come to terms with that about yourself it could prove an exploitative chink in the old armour for someone like... er, Stubby! Yeah, Stubby... not me, no I'd never take advantage. There's no challenge to exploitation, but give 'em a head start and a pair of running shoes... :warhead: :wink:
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby ForlornCreature » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:57 am

Hoboman wrote:

Interesting conclusion.

Unreligious in the way that we post raptor Jesus jokes, mostly probably don't go to church every Sunday, aren't all bishops, nuns, and would mostly have sex anytime we wanted without worrying whether God cares, or saying grace every meal, praying every day, hoping to get a spot in that lovely afterlife by being good, etc.

I don't want to get into and heated discussion as to why I'm not religious, so let's just leave it at that.
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Location: Animating lego in a dark room someplace in the savage land of Australia

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:44 am

ForlornCreature wrote:
Hoboman wrote:

Interesting conclusion.

Unreligious in the way that we post raptor Jesus jokes, mostly probably don't go to church every Sunday, aren't all bishops, nuns, and would mostly have sex anytime we wanted without worrying whether God cares, or saying grace every meal, praying every day, hoping to get a spot in that lovely afterlife by being good, etc.

I don't want to get into and heated discussion as to why I'm not religious, so let's just leave it at that.

I agree with this guy. Myself, i am non-religious, however, i respect every's religious decisions and let them lead their life how they wish. On the original topic, being only 14, i can't exactly give that much info/help on the matter, but i do believe that sex is just a natural part of life. It'll happen eventually(to most people, i mean) and when the time comes, decide whether or not it should be out of love(which i have not exactly come to understand 100%), or out of boredom/lust/etc. There are plenty of guys out there who could really care less about sex, but those guys are becoming increasingly rare. I'm glad im one of those people, mostly because of my age, sure, but i would much rather be in love with someone and have sex with them than just randomly going around sexing up the town. Thats just my 2 cents. TL;DR its all up to you what your sex life path is.
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor

Postby stubby » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:46 am

White Nun wrote:When I was much younger I used to think that sex and people being made in two different genders was a bad idea (I even still have an unpublished manuscript on that theme somewhere). Perhaps in my heart of hearts I still think it's a bad idea (shrugs and sighs). Anyway it doesn't actually matter anymore because I'm not available and I'm not interested in intimacy with anybody.

I think this speaks more to your choice of solitude than your choice of chastity. Humanity is improved when people need each other, and sex is the biological punch to the jaw that encourages it.

Paul felt the same way you do (1 Cor 7), and it's my main bone of contention with him. Nice guy, but he had a lot of creepy hangups about sex, and he often seems to stand in direct opposition to God's frequent commandments to be fruitful and multiply.

As to the tradie, OneEye's got it right. For some people flirting is just automatic habit, a form of polite flattery. There's a better than even chance I'd have been doing the same in that situation if I wasn't paying attention.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby White Nun » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:04 am

Warhead, Stubby, - thanks for your input. You have both given me a great deal of food for thought. I will more than likely discuss it with my confessor too, but I wanted to get some feedback from people who weren't a part of the Church.

Quite so and I don't want to cause anybody to feel as if they are 'being got at' by some crazy nun.

Right (rolls up sleeves) let's get back to the plastic bricks........
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Ranger S2H » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:08 am

I suppose its always a good thing to get as many angles on anything as possible.

my personal take on religion is this: I don't believe anything that is in the bible, but I suppose its the message that counts. the way I see it, religion exists for three reasons: people want things explained they don't understand, people want to know how to be a "good" person, and people want to have something waiting for them at the end of the line to make it all worth it.

I know there are things that I don't understand, though scientific progress reduces that number every day, either with actual results from research, or with new theories that generally make more sense than "because god did it, it says so in this book written ages ago". I know there are still a lot of things left to explain, but we'll figure them out eventually, or not, because they can't be explained, or are better left unexplainable, and for that there might as well be something/one "divine" responsible for all I know.

I live my life every day, just going with the flow, or not, with one goal in the (hopefully very) long run: that at the end of the line, and at every point along the way, I can move up to a mirror and still look myself straight in the eyes. and if there so happens to be someone waiting at the end who doesn't agree with it because I didn't accept them as my supreme ruler while being left in the dark, then I probably didn't want anything to do with him anyway.

I am not a big fan of religion, but I don't have anything against it either, everyone can believe and think whatever they want for all I care, but I would really like any religious person to stop screaming at everyone and realise they're really just guessing at the truth, just like everyone else. no religion is better than another, or worse for that matter, nobody knows what is really going on, deal with it.
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?
Ranger S2H
Cannon Fodder

Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Postby Ham701 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Personally, I'm atheist and think the Bible is a bunch of nonsense, but I still have to sit through Sunday School. Confirmation and all.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

Postby Hoboman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:15 pm

ForlornCreature wrote:I don't want to get into and heated discussion as to why I'm not religious, so let's just leave it at that.

I agree, I do not want to have a discussion as to why you are not religious.

I would never believe 99% of what was post in such a discussion anyway. This forum has a religion, it is the worshop of the :troll:. Not the kind of place where honest, respectful conversatiosn can happen.

As White Nun said, she got what she wantd so back to the Lego. :D

Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby Tzan » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:47 pm

I have very deep and meaningful feelings on this subject, that if released on the world would effect all of humanity for over 9000 million years... So I'll probably just keep it to myself.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Hoboman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Tzan wrote:I have very deep and meaningful feelings on this subject, that if released on the world would effect all of humanity for over 9000 million years... So I'll probably just keep it to myself.

:lol:

Tzan, you are too cool. :D

Hoboman
My Little Pony

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion