Holy shit...

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Holy shit...

Postby Bragallot » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:44 am

So I went to work at this festival (Pukkelpop) when a storm hit on the first day and 5 people died as well as a lot of other damage. No one saw this coming, actually we had perfect summer weather for almost the entire day. Needless to say all crew had their hands full till the end of the day, my tent and all my stuff was soaked so I couldn't stay and I was lucky to borrow a ride home off a girl I happened to run into. Needless to say the thing's been cancelled, not quite how I envisioned my weekend...

So upon coming home I turn on my Facebook to post a message I'm ok and I see this message put by an old (ugly) classmate saying she's laughing at everyone at Pukkelpop (she was frustrated she was unable to go). Given, she (probably) didn't know the severity of the situation at the time (though she could've) she posted it, but once she knew, she should have immediately removed it if she had any sense at all.

I tell her to remove this message because it's highly inappropriate and you can guess after all that happened I didn't take it so well at the time (I was in the thick of it after the storm). Result: she starts flaming me. I told this person flat out I don't want anything to do with her anymore, she's a dumb bitch anyway. Seriously, some people...

I'm apparently the kind of person who manages to stay calm until everything's over, but today I feel a bit sick.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby Rody » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:07 am

Oh right... I heard about that.
You were there? my condolences.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:37 am

Shit man, that sucks.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby OneEye589 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:10 am

Yea, something similar just happened in Indiana on Saturday, 5 deaths. Really scary.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Zahru II » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:09 pm

Geez, I've literally just saw that in the news 10 minutes ago... good thing you weren't harmed. As for the chick, there's a boatload of insensitive retards out there, best example when sth happens in Japan and people start saying "well, they got nuked lawl" and stuff like that.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby White Nun » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:52 pm

Yes I saw that on the news here in New Zealand. From what I saw in a brief report it was plain that it was terrifying experience. My heart very much went out to the people who were caught in that storm.

And as for that idiot girl on Facebook all I can say is that the considerable depth of human insensitivity among some folk never fails to surprise me in such situations.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby stubby » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:17 pm

The thing that surprises me is that she said it on facebook and not here, where it belongs.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby ForlornCreature » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Been there, done that. If you recall my house was flooded in January. I know how you feel, although my disaster was better. :twisted:
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Location: Animating lego in a dark room someplace in the savage land of Australia

Return to General Discussion