Byeish

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Postby mgb519 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:05 pm

james+burgundy wrote:umm thanks all? and RoC77 im just going to basic for the USMC. Went to the recruiters today and did a Preship, sounds like ill be getting combat engineer so since the job I was going for does not have any slots open (linguist) so if all goes well it might only be like a year and half gone verse the 2+ with a year+ just for linguist school.

Sounds vaguely like a contradiction, no offense intended.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby piltogg » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:28 pm

go forth and massacre the sand people. Never forgive them for what they did to Anakin's mom!
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby stubby » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:32 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:
ForlornCreature wrote:while you're away we'll be sure to feature you in several demeaning roles.

Yes, yes we will. I hope you come back* manlier.

*Optional

Fix'd
stubby
forum janitor

Postby BFenix » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:39 pm

stubby wrote:
*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:
ForlornCreature wrote:while you're away we'll be sure to feature you in several demeaning roles.

Yes, yes we will. I hope you come back* manlier.

*Optional

Fix'd

:byzero:
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Tzan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:59 pm

james+burgundy wrote:so since the job I was going for does not have any slots open (linguist)

I guess they were looking for people who are more cunning.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby james+burgundy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:36 pm

i could wish, its more of a thing about whos going to be free when
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby RoC77 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:44 am

Oh wow congrats! Btw, did you try the other branches for open linguist positions? The Army is a larger branch and they guarantee your specific job position & training. If I remember correctly the other branches only grantees you specific field, and the actual job position won't be known until during or after basic. But that was a decade ago it might be different now.

Also, if you're happy with engineering that's fine, but if you have your heart set on linguest do not depend on rienlistment in getting it odds are you will not. Also you have alot more power when signing up than you think. Nothing is set until you do the final processing (the day you leave) so you can still back out. And wait for the next slot to open up.
TROLOLO
RoC77
Playmobil

Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Postby james+burgundy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:15 pm

Well I had always planed on the combat engineer MOS, and then when it came time to pick MOS's I just figured why not throw in linguist and take the DLAB to see if I can make it but I am just as happy with combat engineer. Never looked at any other branch, for anything really. I figured Mairnes hardest and most badass so thats the one for me, plus they got better uniforms. :wink:
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby stubby » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:54 pm

Seriously. Once you decide to become a Marine, why even look at lesser services?
stubby
forum janitor

Postby james+burgundy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:09 pm

stubby wrote:Seriously. Once you decide to become a Marine, why even look at lesser services?
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby RoC77 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Well I know I might get harrassed for this but... Order of badass in the US military. (Excluding pilots)

Delta (?)
Seals (Navy)
SF (Army)
Force Recon (Marine)
Rangers (Army)
Marines (I only put them here because they are required to swim)
Soldiers (Army)
Airmen (Air Force)
Saliors (Navy)
Any position in the coast guard

Of if you wanted to be an engineer, Army Corps of Engineers has built who knows how many things in this country and is a larger group with probably more options. You should inquire about them too before you settle...
TROLOLO
RoC77
Playmobil

Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Postby Ham701 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Coast guard gets more action than the Navy does. Navy sits on it's ass launching a couple planes and letting Euro navies fight pirates. True story. Meanwhile, coast guard fights narco submarines, cubans on boats, and rescues people.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

Postby james+burgundy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:00 pm

How do you "fight" a narco sub? whats it going to do lunch torpedos? Dam those Cubans are a hard case.
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby mgb519 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Where the Green Berets at?
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Ham701 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:02 pm

I don't think lunching a torpedo is very smart. It's made of metal.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion