D&D

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

D&D

Postby thade » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:46 pm

I know there's probably been a thread about this, but here goes.

Who all plays? Talk about characters, what edition you play, stories, DM tips, etc. Anything D&D related.

And Pathfinder counts.

And 4th Edition doesn't. :lol:

Anyway, I'll start.

Currently playing Arradon Amaranthion, Level 3 half elf rogue of Olidammara. Slightly more combat oriented rogue build.

Working on a campaign as we speak. I tend to make a bit too much backstory. As in... I MAY have written three and a half pages about elves. And I'm still working on it.

Anyone else?
I don't level the playing field, I level the playing field.
thade
Cannon Fodder

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:48 pm

Heh. Typical Thade. I've found a gaming group here in Charleston that meets twice monthly for Pathfinder, so I've just finished my first character. I've never actually played in real life, so it's a bit of an interesting experience.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Played in highschool, but became uninterested when there was no roleplaying, only hack 'n slash. Local gaming group at school is made up of people who are all socially inept, so that would be no fun.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby heavyfishcannon » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Trying to DM pathfinder, but can't find players. May go the Ben-Jammin route soon...
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"
heavyfishcannon
Cannon Fodder

Postby thade » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:57 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:Heh. Typical Thade. I've found a gaming group here in Charleston that meets twice monthly for Pathfinder, so I've just finished my first character. I've never actually played in real life, so it's a bit of an interesting experience.

Sweet. I've never played pathfinder, but I've heard it's 3.75, so I have a good idea of what it's like. So far all I've been able to determine is that it's REALLY expensive. You know me, always the rogue. Probably gonna try my hand at Barbarian or fighter soon. Perhaps Sorceror? My typical techinque is to take a standard class, and then completely turn it around from what it's supposed to be. Any character details, Ross?

OneEye589 wrote:Played in highschool, but became uninterested when there was no roleplaying, only hack 'n slash. Local gaming group at school is made up of people who are all socially inept, so that would be no fun.

Arg. That'll do it. Our group is sometimes like that. Two of us never roleplay, while the other three are pretty good about it. Except one of those three is GMing, so we have two RP characters, and two 'silent, sword wielding bags of HP'.
thade
Cannon Fodder

Postby Swordsalmon » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:33 pm

thade wrote:My typical techinque is to take a standard class, and then completely turn it around from what it's supposed to be. Any character details, Ross?

So that means you play the characters entirely straight?

I used to play DnD 3.0 when I was younger, then stopped when I realized I had no friends to play with.
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.
Swordsalmon
Dimmy

Postby Hoboman » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:09 pm

thade wrote:So far all I've been able to determine is that it's REALLY expensive

You mean Pathfinder rules are expensive?
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby thade » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:16 pm

The sourcebooks I've found are more expensive than usual sourcebooks, yes.
thade
Cannon Fodder

Postby Hoboman » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:19 pm

thade wrote:The sourcebooks I've found are more expensive than usual sourcebooks, yes.

I did not think the $9.99 USD was too costly. Paid that for the core rule book as well. :wink:

Got to love an iPad and PDFs. :lol:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby thade » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:22 pm

Bah! You can keep your electronic rules! It's called pen and paper for a reason!

[/rant]
thade
Cannon Fodder

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:24 pm

You can build and play a character directly from the d20srd, it's got all the information needed to create them.

Well, the thing is, I walked in two weeks ago after having heard of them and saw that they were setting up for a module game. The DM asked if I wanted to play, they had a spot. He handed me a stack of pregens, and I looked through them, already certain that I wanted a rogue.

The only one that fit? Female Elven Rogue.

So yeah, I've gone back over the character, and I'm playing Sable, the Female Elven Level 1 Rogue.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:31 pm

Why didn't you just change it to a man? Gender doesn't affect your stats, does it?
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:53 pm

Yeah... I don't know... It's certainly not much of a clincher for me, yet I kinda want to play the character anyway.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:08 pm

It's okay, I accept you for what you are.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby 501stCadians » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:10 pm

OneEye589 wrote:It's okay, I accept you for what you are.
:owned:
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
Playmobil

Next

Return to General Discussion