General ignorance. I which we slag off people who don't know

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Postby Zupponn » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Natalya wrote:The Great Gatsby was so fucking stupid and is totally over-rated.

Seconded.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby stubby » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Have you even had twenty years to be totally smitten in? I was totally smitten for twenty years once. Wait until you're 40, all your friends will have twenty-year-smite stories. Not uncommon at all.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby White Nun » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:53 pm

stubby wrote:Have you even had twenty years to be totally smitten in? I was totally smitten for twenty years once. Wait until you're 40, all your friends will have twenty-year-smite stories. Not uncommon at all.

True enough (sigh).
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby OneEye589 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:23 pm

muffinman42 wrote:
OneEye589 wrote:I'm pretty sure a 0-6-0T isn't Thomas, either. It doesn't have a face on it.

Thomas is the main character because the books and show are named after him.

I'm sorry? the first book is "The three engines" book 1 of the railway series. He is NOT in the title, he is Not even in the book.
The show yes, but that annoys me as well, he's my pet pev of the entire series of books and the character that is the worst developed in my eyes.

Also YES Thomas IS an 0-6-0T. His first illustration is based on an LBSCR E2.
see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whyte_notation
So, yeah the face is irrelevant, his wheel arrangement is still correct.
LRN2COUNT!
I should hope "Normal" (as you called them) can COUNT TO 3! Lets count the number of drive axles thomas has! 1-2-3! YAY! WE ARE ABOVE NORMAL!
Now let's look at an 0-4-2T, NO not thomas. let's count! 1-2! And then a pair of trailing wheels. Which you can tell very clearly and visually by the lack of rods (similar to how I know that you don't walk on all fours because your arms aren't on the floor!)

You didn't get the point at all. They're trains. Not everyone knows about trains and everyone is not going to memorize how many wheels Thomas the Tank Engine had. Everyone's not a train enthusiast. Your frustration with Winnie the Pooh is more understandable, as it's something that's in popular culture and everyone should know.

Do you expect others to get frustrated with you merely because you are not as highly educated in an abstract subject?

And the face thing was a joke showing how much I don't care and how ridiculous you're being.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Ross_Varn » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:25 pm

...I build model train layouts with my dad, and adults come to the conventions and point at the tracks to say to their kids,

"Oh look, Thomas!"

Of course, that's usually because we actually have our engine Thomas out there on the tracks pulling freight. There's really no need to get that pissed over it, unless you really like those stories.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Almighty Benny » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:12 pm

OneEye589 wrote:Do you expect others to get frustrated with you merely because you are not as highly educated in an abstract subject?

Welcome to the Internet?
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby Hoboman » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:43 am

stubby wrote:Have you even had twenty years to be totally smitten in? I was totally smitten for twenty years once. Wait until you're 40, all your friends will have twenty-year-smite stories. Not uncommon at all.

Agreed
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby mgb519 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:56 pm

Zupponn wrote:
Natalya wrote:The Great Gatsby was so fucking stupid and is totally over-rated.

Second.

Fix'd.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Silverdream » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Okay, so I brought up how horrible the show Terra Nova is yesterday in class. Then this kid says that he disagrees with me, and asks what I don't like about. Being the loudmouth I am, I told him about the cliches, the plotholes, the shitty dialogue, the cheesier than evil dead action scenes, the boring and contrived characters, and how stupid the characters are. I'm glad I didn't freak out and yell at him, or tell him everything idiotic about the show.

Then five minutes later as I said this is Fox's worst science fiction show. He corrects me by saying Firefly was the worst one.

Was AdolfHitler right? This kid I'm talking about is very slavic.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:02 am

Silva got trolled by a kid in his class, that's what I think.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Natalya » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:44 pm

Hoboman wrote:

Agreed

Wow you guys are fucked. Unrequited love is really fucking dumb. I have been there before, but in the end you are going nowhere and//or creeping them out if they know about it. And I have many friends in their 30's who haven't ever talked about having this kind of issue. I mean, most of them are married so whatever to them but there is a serial u-haul princess in there and other assorted singles.

OneEye589 wrote:Silva got trolled by a kid in his class, that's what I think.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Tzan » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Natalya wrote: ...u-haul princess...

Oh hey I learned a new phrase today.
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Apollyon » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:54 am

Tzan wrote:

As a non-native speaker i don't quit get it. I know what u-haul is and what a princess is but... i guess it is something funny?
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
constantly striving to using proper grammar

Postby Tzan » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:53 am

Apollyon wrote:
Tzan wrote:

As a non-native speaker I don't quit get it. I know what u-haul is and what a princess is but... I guess it is something funny?

Would you like me to Google that for you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U-Haul_lesbian

I was surprised it had a wikipedia listing.
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby stubby » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:15 am

Natalya wrote:Wow you guys are fucked. Unrequited love is really fucking dumb. I have been there before, but in the end you are going nowhere and//or creeping them out if they know about it.

I couldn't say, who would unrequite love from someone as awesome as me? All my 20-year-smites are girls I'm still with, so the unrequited thing is something I haven't ever had to deal with yet. Hopefully I never will, it sounds kind of lame.

But on the other hand, what's wrong with going nowhere and/or creeping people out? I enjoy both of those things.
stubby
forum janitor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion