A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by the R

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by t

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Aww man, you really did pussy out :cry:
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6514
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Re: A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by t

Postby stubby » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:31 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:
Scottsman wrote:After reading all this, I have come to the conclusion that I am incapable of telling when you guys are trolling and when you are serious, and I doubt you can tell either.

I think he gets it.

:trollception: I always feel such pride when the forum brings another disciple into enlightenment.
User avatar
stubby
forum janitor
 
Posts: 4923
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by t

Postby Natalya » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:06 pm

OneEye589 wrote:Would you complain if an athiest was debating religious practices in the same set up?

I don't recall complaining.
Image
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"


Image
User avatar
Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
 
Posts: 5357
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 pm
Location: Now in Ontario

Re: A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by t

Postby Keldoclock » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:09 pm

com·plain/kəmˈplān/
Verb:
Express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event.


Sounds like you were complaining to me.
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
User avatar
Keldoclock
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City

Re: A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by t

Postby Silent-sigfig » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:14 pm

BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
User avatar
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2241
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Number one in USA

Re: A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by t

Postby OneEye589 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:03 am

Natalya wrote:
OneEye589 wrote:Would you complain if an athiest was debating religious practices in the same set up?

I don't recall complaining.

If you want to get all jerky about it, when did I say you complained?

Anyway, what was your point of comparing public school set ups to churches? Or was that a non sequitur comment?
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4255
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Re: A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by t

Postby 501stCadians » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:07 am

Natalya wrote:Dude that stuff in the bible probably never even happened. It was written like 70 years after the fact. In a totally different languange.

I disagree. Where you there? How can you know that did not happen? What's more, they uncover chunks of text every now and then that make it look less like a religious book and more like a historical record, at least for the New Testament. Don't be ragging on the bible because YOUR education system is failing. What you (and Canada, to a lesser extent) needs is a Education system that puts the obvious dumbasses where they belong. Don't let the idiots hold the smarter people back.

What North America needs is a system that identifies where people are most likely to go in life and to direct them that way. For example, the system(through a series of tests, marks, normal stuff that you do in schools) could direct a less intelligent person, like Ham, towards something suited to his intellect(such as toilet scrubbing) and someone who's more intelligent, like IV, towards something where he too can be a useful and productive member of society.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Image
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
User avatar
501stCadians
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Re: A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by t

Postby Natalya » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:51 am

Were you there? How do you know that it happened?
Image
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"


Image
User avatar
Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
 
Posts: 5357
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 pm
Location: Now in Ontario

Re: A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by t

Postby Zahru II » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:00 am

I'm pretty sure that it is absolutely irrelevant if things told in the bible happened IRL or not. You may argue about the values those stories try to convey because that wouldn't be silly.
User avatar
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time
 
Posts: 4511
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 am
Location: Hüngäry

Re: A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by t

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:20 am

Zahru II wrote:I'm pretty sure that it is absolutely irrelevant if things told in the bible happened IRL or not. You may argue about the values those stories try to convey because that wouldn't be silly.

Indeed, parables don't need to have actually happened to provide a lession.
User avatar
Whiteagle
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by t

Postby Tzan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:29 pm

501stCadians wrote: like IV, towards something where he too can be a useful and productive member of society.


Technic leg extension engineer?
User avatar
Tzan
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5027
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by t

Postby Tzan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:31 pm

badagle wrote:Indeed, parables don't need to have actually happened to provide a lession.


Too bad that the people providing the lesson always claim that it actually happened.
User avatar
Tzan
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5027
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by t

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:35 pm

Tzan wrote:
badagle wrote:Indeed, parables don't need to have actually happened to provide a lession.


Except for the fact that people providing the lesson say that it actually happened.

...I'm guessing someone doesn't know the definition of a parable.
User avatar
Whiteagle
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by t

Postby Tzan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:37 pm

Oh I know.
But when nuns teach the bible, they don't teach parables, they teach fact.

There are no parables in the bible. Unless that p word is actually used.
User avatar
Tzan
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5027
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by t

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:41 pm

Tzan wrote:Oh I know.
But when nuns teach the bible, they don't teach parables, they teach fact.

There are no parables in the bible. Unless that p word is actually used.

Then clearly it the problem is the teachers, not the teaching.
User avatar
Whiteagle
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest