A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by the R

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by t

Postby Tzan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:46 pm

Well I was raised catholic and there is only one way its taught.
So the teachers are, "working as intended".

If you have a problem with a catholic teacher then you have a problem with the entire religion.

Which is fine with me :)
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:55 pm

Tzan wrote:Well I was raised catholic and there is only one way its taught.
So the teachers are, "working as intended".

If you have a problem with a catholic teacher then you have a problem with the entire religion.

Which is fine with me :)

Dude, I was raised Catholic as well.
Thing is, my rearing didn't involve nuns.
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby OneEye589 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:02 pm

But if you say you're Catholic, then you must think Bible stories are true. Otherwise, you wouldn't be Catholic. It's part of the faith.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:08 pm

OneEye589 wrote:But if you say you're Catholic, then you must think Bible stories are true. Otherwise, you wouldn't be Catholic. It's part of the faith.

Uhh... Why?
I'm pretty sure the late Pope John Paul even once made a statement that the Genesis creation narrative isn't necessarily a true story.
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby Zahru II » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Don't feed the trolls bro, don't feed them...
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Tzan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:14 pm

I don't know if he said that, but there is 2000 years worth of popes that said its true.

Next thing ya know a pope will say that evolution is correct, when does the madness stop?
Its a slippery slope I tells ya.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Tzan wrote:I don't know if he said that, but there is 2000 years worth of popes that said its true.

Next thing ya know a pope will say that evolution is correct, when does the madness stop?

When Raptor!Jesus comes to eat all the silly balding apes who think she was a silly balding ape herself.
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby Tzan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Wait!
Raptor Jesus is a woman??

I think this bible verse proves otherwise:

“He went extinct for your sins to save you from Satanasaurus Rex”
~ Cretaceous 3:27
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Natalya » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Man, Satanasaurus Rex was a real fun-sucker.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:38 pm

Tzan wrote:Wait!
Raptor Jesus is a woman??

I think this bible verse proves otherwise:

“He went extinct for your sins to save you from Satanasaurus Rex”
~ Cretaceous 3:27

Bah, there are some many mistranslations in the King George version of Cretaceous that it's practically rendered unreadable.
It claims that James the Lesser was the brother of Jonhasaurus, when really evidence suggest that he was the son of Apatosaurus?
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby OneEye589 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:02 pm

Whiteagle wrote:
OneEye589 wrote:But if you say you're Catholic, then you must think Bible stories are true. Otherwise, you wouldn't be Catholic. It's part of the faith.

Uhh... Why?
I'm pretty sure the late Pope John Paul even once made a statement that the Genesis creation narrative isn't necessarily a true story.

Because that's what Catholics believe in. I'm not dissing anyone's religion at all, but if you say you subscribe to a certain religion, then there's certain things that go along with it. If you say you were raised Catholic, but don't believe all of the teachings (mainly all the Bible stories being true), then you aren't a true Catholic.

It's like saying you're a vegan. With being a vegan comes eating nothing from an animal and stuff like that. If someone says they're a vegan, but then goes out and eats some eggs, technically they aren't a vegan. I'm not saying they aren't vegetarian, but they sure as hell aren't vegan. Same thing with Catholics. You may say you're Catholic, but if you don't follow all the beliefs, then you aren't that specific. You may be dumbfuck, but not Catholic.

Now, I'm not claiming to be an expert on Catholicism, but I'm pretty sure they take things pretty literally, or at least all of the Catholics I've met who seem to be true Catholics. If there's something different that the actual Catholic church has stated, then I'm all ears.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Robot Monkey » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:05 pm

:trollception:
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Uhhh, OneEye, you're confusing believe in a religion with believe in the factuality of it's stories...

Do I need to believe the Universe was created in seven days to believe God created it?
No, I'm pretty sure my church isn't going to excommunicate me for thinking it was made in the Big Bang instead.
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby OneEye589 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:17 pm

Did you read what I said at all? I'm not saying you have to believe everything in the Bible to believe in God. I said that to consider yourself a part of a DENOMINATION of dumbfuckery, there's beliefs that go along with it.

If there weren't separate beliefs between Catholicism, Baptism, Lutheranism, etc., then there wouldn't be different sects.

You're calling yourself a Catholic. What is it that makes you a Catholic and not a Baptist or a Methodist? Because you were raised Catholic? If your beliefs aren't those of Catholics, then you aren't a Catholic. Easy-peasy.

What I'm saying is you can believe in God any way you want to, but labeling yourself as a Catholic instead of a generic dumbfuck would imply you believe Bible stories were literal, as Catholics do.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:30 pm

OneEye589 wrote:Did you read what I said at all? I'm not saying you have to believe everything in the Bible to believe in God. I said that to consider yourself a part of a DENOMINATION of dumbfuckery, there's beliefs that go along with it.

If there weren't separate beliefs between Catholicism, Baptism, Lutheranism, etc., then there wouldn't be different sects.

You're calling yourself a Catholic. What is it that makes you a Catholic and not a Baptist or a Methodist? Because you were raised Catholic? If your beliefs aren't those of Catholics, then you aren't a Catholic. Easy-peasy.

What I'm saying is you can believe in God any way you want to, but labeling yourself as a Catholic instead of a generic dumbfuck would imply you believe Bible stories were literal, as Catholics do.

Well, the reason I call myself a Catholic is because I actually go to mass it is in A CATHOLIC CHURCH!

And I really don't know where you are getting this "Catholics believe the Bible is a literal historical document" stuff, I don't remember of my catechism or CONFIRMATION classes ever pressing that.
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion