A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by the R

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: A Conversation About the Control of Political Power by t

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Hey guys. I wrote something that was quite good a while ago, but it looks like it failed to submit. I'll just say that this is pretty much the reason why I don't like established religion- all the history behind the madness. "Hey, we've hated this other sect of religion since the Middle Ages, let's keep up with that tradition because Jesus Christ said to!" Shut up. Seriously. I've got a lot of dumbfuck friends who don't know that I don't believe in Christ's saving power and God's ultimate rule for one simple fact- I've never decided that they need to believe what I do. It's a fundamental point behind belief, gentlemen- when most people meet someone new who they think is "normal" (yes, I brought that up again), they think that their beliefs are shared with them, because otherwise they would be different! How arcane!

But I believe I can sum it up with two words, from the ancient wisdom of Sluggy Freelance's resident mad scientist, Riff-

"I dunno."
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:Hey guys. I wrote something that was quite good a while ago, but it looks like it failed to submit. I'll just say that this is pretty much the reason why I don't like established religion- all the history behind the madness. "Hey, we've hated this other sect of religion since the Middle Ages, let's keep up with that tradition because Jesus Christ said to!" Shut up. Seriously. I've got a lot of dumbfuck friends who don't know that I don't believe in Christ's saving power and God's ultimate rule for one simple fact- I've never decided that they need to believe what I do. It's a fundamental point behind belief, gentlemen- when most people meet someone new who they think is "normal" (yes, I brought that up again), they think that their beliefs are shared with them, because otherwise they would be different! How arcane!

But I believe I can sum it up with two words, from the ancient wisdom of Sluggy Freelance's resident mad scientist, Riff-

"I dunno."

Oh Ross, this argument is even more ironic then that.
Supposedly, Tzan and I have been taught in the same Denomination of Catholicism.
We're guys of the SAME SECT trying argue what's what!
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby Tzan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:35 pm

badagle wrote:
Tzan wrote:You can't see the evidence because everyone you have met shares the same liberal view.
Rome is against women priests and priest marriage, bam! evidence!
Its right in front of you.

Yeah, Rome also thought the Crusades were a good idea at one time...

You want to defend that?

No, thats not my job, I'm just giving you Rome's view.
I think they apologized for that and their help with the Nazis killing Jews. It took a while though.
I was raised catholic, hit 15 years old and decided it was all nonsense and stopped going to church.
I don't believe in any god.

Having more liberal ideas seep into religions is great, because its how they will be destroyed from within.
As people see how silly the old ideas are and demand change. Religions don't like change.
After all, every bit of it is sanctioned by god's will and is perfect, so how could it be wrong? Everyone's head explodes!
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Natalya » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:36 pm

badagle wrote:
Tzan wrote:You can't see the evidence because everyone you have met shares the same liberal view.

You want to defend that?

So are you Catholic or not? You aren't Catholic if you don't agree with their stuff. Wanna be in the club, agree to its rules. Wanna disagree? Find a new club. That's how it works.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:00 pm

Natalya wrote:
badagle wrote:

You want to defend that?

So are you Catholic or not? You aren't Catholic if you don't agree with their stuff. Wanna be in the club, agree to its rules. Wanna disagree? Find a new club. That's how it works.

No, I am Catholic.
Thing is, Tzan obviously isn't, thus his assertions that Rome and the Pope are infallible as well as Catholics requiring a literal interpretation of the Bible are false.
You see, even though the Pope is the head of the Roman Catholic Church, Catholics don't have to agree with what he says outside of invocation of Papal infallibility.

That's the point, as an ACTUAL Catholic, I know that the Bible is meant to be interpreted metaphorically and not literally.
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby Bragallot » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:05 pm

You mean, like those actual catholics who went around killing people like you (amongst others) in the name of the lord?
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Bragallot wrote:You mean, like those actual catholics who went around killing people like you (amongst others) in the name of the lord?

Like I said, we're not without fault, nor are we without sin.
We are, after all, only human.
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby Bragallot » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:10 pm

Kinda weird of god to make us so when he is all-powerful, all-good and infallible and created us to be like him. At the very least, he could have made the people who wrote the bible somewhat less of a bunch of fuckfaces. If it hadn't been so up for interpretation, imagine the problems that could've been avoided!
Last edited by Bragallot on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:11 pm

Bragallot wrote:Kinda weird of god to make us so when he is all-powerful, all-good and infallible and created us to be like him.

Meh, he "Works in mysterious way" and all that.
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby Bragallot » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:13 pm

Yeah, I guess that explains it.
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby Natalya » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Kind of weird when there isn't a god and your religion is a bastard transformation of a few ancient books manipulated by the Romans then later the Catholic church to solidify a form of spiritual stranglehold over the ignorant masses in order to get super rich by creating an unquestionable hierarchy that subjugated everyone who wasn't a priest, then further divide those people by subjugating women to help distract the poor men from the larger evil. It's kind-of similar to how white plantation owners got the poor whites to work their farms and oppress the black slaves if you think about it.

"You might be poor, but at least you aren't black. Go hate those N-word's."
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:20 pm

Natalya wrote:Kind of weird when there isn't a god and your religion is a bastard transformation of a few ancient books manipulated by the Romans then later the Catholic church to solidify a form of spiritual stranglehold over the ignorant masses in order to get super rich by creating an unquestionable hierarchy that subjugated everyone who wasn't a priest, then further divide those people by subjugating women to help distract the poor men from the larger evil. It's kind-of similar to how white plantation owners got the poor whites to work their farms and oppress the black slaves if you think about it.

Now Natalya don't be silly!
Of course there is a God, how else do you explain something as cruel, manipulative, and self-destructive as man not wiping themselves out without the intervention of a caring, loving deity?
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby Tzan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Not sure if you read that whole thing.

"John Paul II, for example, clarified that the reservation of ordination to males only is infallible by the infallibility of the ordinary magisterium, without going so far as issuing a separate extraordinary dogmatic definition. Far from meaning that Catholics are thus free to question this teaching, it means that it is infallible and unchangeable, demands supernatural faith, and one who denies it is a heretic."

So thanks for proving my point. Your priest is a heretic!
Burn him!

So basically a Pope only made 2 infallible proclamations, but the magisterium has made many.
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:26 pm

badagle wrote:Now Natalya don't be silly!
Of course there is a God

Can I get this off my chest? No? Fine. Fuck you. Don't even start this. Humanity is a collusion of chance and human act, mate. I know that when someone takes up arms against my principles, I tend to fight back. And my principles are good, as opposed to theirs, which are usually insulted by mine. That's why. Right there. It's this massive balancing act of good and bad, due to basic thought and acts that people live by. God doesn't need to get in on it.
Last edited by Ross_Varn on Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:47 pm

Tzan wrote:Not sure if you read that whole thing.

"John Paul II, for example, clarified that the reservation of ordination to males only is infallible by the infallibility of the ordinary magisterium, without going so far as issuing a separate extraordinary dogmatic definition. Far from meaning that Catholics are thus free to question this teaching, it means that it is infallible and unchangeable, demands supernatural faith, and one who denies it is a heretic."

So thanks for proving my point. Your priest is a heretic!
Burn him!

Well I still doubt my Late Priest was a heretic for disagreeing with a ideology that is kept in place partially because it's "the constant practice of the Church"...

...Especially considering we are running out of priest to begin with.
Whiteagle
Playmobil

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion