Father sets the Record Straight

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: Father sets the Record Straight

Postby chitoryu12 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:19 am

Yes, hollow points are completely legal in I believe all 50 states. Hollow points and soft points are the preferred for self-defense and hunting because they're far more likely to expand and make a larger wound more likely to drop the target with the shock, rather than having them acting completely normal for the 10 or 15 seconds it takes to kill you and dropping dead.

Hell, a lot of states make armor-piercing rounds and far more exotic ones like incendiary and explosive legal. There's all kinds of ammunition, and I don't think any are banned by federal law.

As for this video, I can't say I approve even slightly of his actions. Publicly complaining about your parents is NOT some kind of heinous behavior that deserves strict punishment, and considering that this is the kind of man to react to his daughter complaining by publicly humiliating her and shooting her laptop, I don't think that the house is one where dad is a saint trying to deal with a bitch of a daughter.

The shooting is where it just gets nasty. Let's not discuss whether or not he was allowed to shoot the laptop and whether or not paying for something means you can destroy it after giving it to another person.

What I WILL criticize is that he's shooting a hard plastic target from a few feet with no eye protection and presumably no hearing protection; the latter is unwise and the former is very unsafe. He's also firing a live weapon next to his house, as well as within view of a busy road and other households. There's good reasons that all three of these things are illegal, most of them relating to the fact that one slip can result in someone getting a surprise .45 ACP visitor.

I refuse to put my faith in a man who demonstrates such dangerous retribution and has the audacity to brag about it to millions.
TROLOLO
chitoryu12
Warrior King

Postby Keldoclock » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:31 pm

Gud durnit Billeh yeh done shut yer eye out! That'll learn ya!
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby stubby » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:17 am

Here's "Men's Health's" opinion on shooting laptops:

http://news.menshealth.com/why-you-shou ... 012/02/15/

What the heck does men's health have to do with shooting laptops? "If your MANLINESS is not strong, improve its health! SHOOT INANIMATE OBJECTS OTHER PEOPLE CARE ABOUT"
stubby
forum janitor

Previous

Return to General Discussion