Iron Sky

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: Iron Sky

Postby Bragallot » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:22 am

OneEye589 wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:So it turns out that Helsing is actually pretty cool, I ended up watching the first four episodes of it in the hospital. Piltogg vampires flee to South America, then wreak their vengeance decades later as an unstoppable vampiric army. Fortunately for mankind, Victor Van Helsing captured and enslaved Dracula, and he, Helsing's current heir, and the obligatory anime cop-girl-turned-vampire sidekick go to town on some good ol' Piltogg ass.

I read the first book of the manga, but don't remember Nazis. Will have to read it again and watch the show.

Search for Hellsing Ultimate if you want to see the OVA's with the Nazis, because there's also an anime that starts out almost the same (first episodes don't include Nazis in either of them) but then follows a different storyline. I won't spoil anything but so far it's some of the most inspiring stuff I've seen for Brikwars: often it reaches the same level of insanity :mrgreen:
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Whiteagle » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:53 am

Bragallot wrote:
OneEye589 wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:So it turns out that Helsing is actually pretty cool, I ended up watching the first four episodes of it in the hospital. Piltogg vampires flee to South America, then wreak their vengeance decades later as an unstoppable vampiric army. Fortunately for mankind, Victor Van Helsing captured and enslaved Dracula, and he, Helsing's current heir, and the obligatory anime cop-girl-turned-vampire sidekick go to town on some good ol' Piltogg ass.

I read the first book of the manga, but don't remember Nazis. Will have to read it again and watch the show.

Search for Hellsing Ultimate if you want to see the OVA's with the Nazis, because there's also an anime that starts out almost the same (first episodes don't include Nazis in either of them) but then follows a different storyline. I won't spoil anything but so far it's some of the most inspiring stuff I've seen for Brikwars: often it reaches the same level of insanity :mrgreen:

Like how your avatar loves war?
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby Bragallot » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:41 am

Ssshhh, don't spoil it!

Seriously though, that's the best part, and the best speech ever to top it off. I believe it should be an oath every Brikwarrior should take 8)
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Ben-Jammin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:28 pm

I have to see this. My destiny will be fulfilled.

Reichdiculous story? Nazis on the moon? Giant UFO's? Impossible odds?

Pre-ordering tickets. NAO.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:30 pm

oh man, I hated that speech! It took like twenty minutes and just repeated itself over and over again. Yes, never-ending war, we get it.

Everything about Rip Van Winkle is awesome though.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Ben-Jammin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:51 pm

BTW, IV and Braggalot, what is this Helsing Anime of which you speak? I've never heard of it before and am now quite interested...
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:23 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Piltogg vampires flee to South America, then wreak their vengeance decades later as an unstoppable vampiric army. Fortunately for mankind, Victor Van Helsing captured and enslaved Dracula, and he, Helsing's current heir, and the obligatory anime cop-girl-turned-vampire sidekick go to town on some good ol' Piltogg ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz8A6f4r2do
IVhorseman

Postby Bragallot » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:10 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:BTW, IV and Braggalot, what is this Helsing Anime of which you speak? I've never heard of it before and am now quite interested...

Here's the link to the first OVA: http://www.animeshippuuden.com/hellsing ... e-ova-1-1/

It can be quite bloody and disturbing at parts, but I guess that's why you're here in the first place :mrgreen:
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Whiteagle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:06 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Everything about Rip Van Winkle is awesome though.

Cutest Piltogg Vampire ever that girl is.
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:47 pm

...I'm just spluttering in amusement at this trailer, personally. Going to have to see it, because it looks ridiculous.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Entity001 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:25 am

There is no way I will miss this movie.

IVhorseman wrote:oh man, I hated that speech! It took like twenty minutes and just repeated itself over and over again. Yes, never-ending war, we get it.

Everything about Rip Van Winkle is awesome though.

Agreed. I liked the first few minutes of the speech, it was actually creepy and gave a good impression of how fucked in the head the Major is. But it went on for too long.
Also, can anyone give me an idea as to where to find Hellsing OVA 5? I found 1-4 on youtube.
Entity001
Officer

Postby Bragallot » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:56 am

http://www.animeshippuuden.com/hellsing-ova-5-final/ here you go.

I love the whole speech, but only in the dub because of the outrageous german accent. I can see where you're coming from if you watched the sub though. Either way his men should have taken a hint there :mrgreen:
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Entity001 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:58 am

Bragallot wrote:http://www.animeshippuuden.com/hellsing-ova-5-final/ here you go.

I love the whole speech, but only in the dub because of the outrageous german accent. I can see where you're coming from if you watched the sub though. Either way his men should have taken a hint there :mrgreen:

Thanks for the link! :guinness:
Entity001
Officer

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:12 am

Definitely saw the sub, and not even being plugged into a morphine machine could keep it from being boring.

You know what's weird is that I found bits of the sub online, and I actually kinda prefer it. I guess I lose some anime cred, but eh.
IVhorseman

Postby Bragallot » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:58 am

It's right after Alucard killed 1100000001 people on the boat right? I could use a breather after that and I was already imagining the carnage the Major was going to cause when he made the big push, but that's just me :mrgreen:

A lot of dubs are run on low budgets and are indeed extremely crappy (even some which aren't run on low budgets), but there's exceptions like Hellsing, who has Crispin Freeman for Alucard, who is pretty much one of the most popular voice actors, I think. I also liked Ninja Scroll and Code Geass dubs. I'm not a hardcore anime fan though. The importance of accents and other languages in the series also adds to it, as the Japanese sound terrible when pronouncing German words or English names in it. Not that the English voice actors (Gu-ten Tag) are flawless, but still, there's a difference... Whoever did the English voice for Anderson is also a genius. AAAAAAAAAAMEEEEN!
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion