Looking for 7679 Republic Fighter Tank

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Looking for 7679 Republic Fighter Tank

Postby Battlegrinder » Mon May 07, 2012 10:07 am

I'm working on building up my first customized BrikWars army, and I still need some armored support. I'm custom building my own medium and light armor, but still need heavy. A 7679 Republic Fighter Tank would (with a few tweaks) perfectly fit my need for a heavy tank, and I'm wondering If anyone here
1: Has one they no longer want and would be willing to sell
2: Has a copy of the manual for one so I can build my own. (EDIT: Never mind this one, I found a copy on the web. If only I had all the parts...)
3: Knows where I can buy one for $50-70.
Thanks!

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Re: Looking for 7679 Republic Fighter Tank

Postby Ben-Jammin » Mon May 07, 2012 11:22 am

I highly suggest Bricklink or Ebay. I have two of them, and they are really good sets IMO. Very sturdy as well, I dropped one while standing up (and I'm over six feet tall) and nothing broke off except for like one or both antennas.

Anyway, you could probably find one on bricklink for ~$80 if you're lucky. I can't remember the typical price range for the ones on Ebay, but I'm pretty sure there is a wider selection. Those are really the only sites you could probably find one now.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby IVhorseman » Mon May 07, 2012 12:49 pm

I'd check Ebay first: sometimes they have retarded cheap deals.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Falk » Mon May 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Yeah, Ebay has some good prices but you have to be careful not to buy the instructions only. I got my fighter tank for about 40$ and a Republic Gunship (the new one) for 60$ and it was only missing a couple pieces (and it had an extra escape pod from the Star Destroyer).
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Ben-Jammin » Mon May 07, 2012 5:15 pm

Falk wrote:Yeah, Ebay has some good prices but you have to be careful not to buy the instructions only.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. In some cases though, you don't even need the instructions, as LEGO.com actually has a lot of instructions that you can download in a .pdf format on your computer from their website. Last time I checked, they even had instructions from the original ninja and rock raider series from the late 90s.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby Keldoclock » Mon May 07, 2012 10:10 pm

http://www.peeron.com/ is good for instructions.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby Falk » Tue May 08, 2012 1:30 am

www.brickset.com has instructions "from the 70s onwards", and it shows Ebay sales of the set.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Return to General Discussion