Meta BrikWars Topic

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Re: Meta BrikWars Topic

Postby Kalvinator » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:49 am

Stormblessed wrote: And, if possible, a page that details the AN-TA war and the Immortal Alliance whatever nonsense. It still confuses me at times and maybe a timeline of events and links to the forum battles or something. Its kind of a hard thing to jump into and you feel like you need to have been here for years just to understand the events of ago

I totally agree with this. I just started the forum as well, and had to read all over the Wiki to get a semi-grasp on the Immortal war stuff. I don't even know what the AN-TA war is and will probably have to look it up now. If we could have a new board called like Forum History of something along those lines, it would be great for new-comers.
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby ForlornCreature » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:22 am

I still love the idea of a kickstarter though. I think though if we got the support of a major internet person, or if we were retweeted by someone like notch, the game would get real popular pretty quickly.
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Location: Animating lego in a dark room someplace in the savage land of Australia

Postby RunsWithLegos » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:50 am

we do not need a influx of people thst would bring way too many new people way to fast. IMO at least a gradual growth is preferred

and i agree full heartedly with stormblessed. I joined at a time most of this history was being made but i can see the opacity of it all that is inherent in the way we run this board.
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby Natalya » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:57 am

I think that if the general depravity of the forum is driving people away from BrikWars, then we ought to put BrikWars first. I again am not going to ban cursing or whatever, but messed up threads have their place and belong there. From now on, anything that is totally screwed up and not in Thunderdumb will either be deleted or moved there. Other mods are free to enforce this rule in their own boards as they see fit. Right now I will just enforce this rule in forums, such as this one, which do not have active mods, and in The Armoury.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Natalya wrote:I think that if the general depravity of the forum is driving people away from BrikWars, then we ought to put BrikWars first. I again am not going to ban cursing or whatever, but messed up threads have their place and belong there. From now on, anything that is totally screwed up and not in Thunderdumb will either be deleted or moved there. Other mods are free to enforce this rule in their own boards as they see fit. Right now I will just enforce this rule in forums, such as this one, which do not have active mods, and in The Armoury.
I don't know if by "not banning cursing" is that you can't, because people will curse anyways or you don't want to, but a filter that changes it to #$@! would solve the problem.
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Ham701 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:26 pm

On cursing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_osQvkeNRM
All fuck, shit, bitch, and likes are are words. If people are too stuck up to handle them, they should go back to their rock. Censorship is lame and dumb, and for little babby forums.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

Postby Arkbrik » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Well, saying fuck is one thing, posting dicks is another. Posting dicks for the sake of dicks or being a dick is lame and dumb, and for little babby forums.

You are allowed to post dicks, etc. in Artwork as long as they are sufficiently artsy. If I find them non-artistic I will move them to Thunderdumb.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:19 pm

I honestly can't believe that I was essentially introduced to the Internet here. I can pretty much date when I entered the Internet by my join date on this profile. It's ridiculous, and it's been a bit of a ride.

I think the general discussion/question here is a big one.

Is it time to grow up?

Brikwars has huge potential. It could be massive. We're a bunch of people on the internet who know that first hand. But do we really want to pursue making Brikwars a "thing"? For as much BS as this community puts out, I honestly consider myself a member of it, for good or bad, because we've done crazy things over the years. It is pretty much a given that upon joining you revoke any plans you had for running for public office, though.

I just want to see '10. I think reading it is going to put a bit of perspective on things for all of us.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby aoffan23 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:55 pm

There was a similar discussion on the Mobile Frame Zero forum about swearing. A lot of people were saying that there should be no harm in words, rather how they're being use. If I say "fuck!" out of frustration, it's not directed at anyone, and is exactly the same as saying "aw, shoot!" However, if I were to say "fuck you, you fucking puss" to someone, then that's where things get offensive.

That being said, swearing just for the sake of swearing is lame and dumb, and for little babby forums.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby mgb519 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Swearing has been clinically proven as a method of coping with pain, for example. Or something like that.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Tzan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Arkbrik wrote:You are allowed to post dicks, etc. in Artwork as long as they are sufficiently artsy.

:iconcur: ?
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby The Shadowscythe » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Tzan wrote:
Arkbrik wrote:You are allowed to post dicks, etc. in Artwork as long as they are sufficiently artsy.

:iconcur: ?

Le plume de dick, appaently
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Zahru II » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:59 pm

I don't think being mature equals not swearing, it's more about avoiding crass content (both in posting and replying to it (don't feed teh trolls) eg: dick pics, razgrizzly stuff, piltogg jokes). However, you can't 'enforce' maturity really, it's up to the individual, in which case I have to agree with Ross, we should 'grow up', as a community. Not all "srsbsnss wargaming" tier (imo that alienates newbies just as much as people spewing bile and hate), just a bit, to a degree of being a bunch of cool dudes who like fictional destruction and fun (not that we're not already, we're just a bit rough around the edges :wink: ). Just my 2 cents.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Stormblessed » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:38 pm

You can cuss and still be a mature person. You can cuss and be a not mature person. Cussing does have a connotation of non maturity however.
|
Stormblessed
Hero

Postby Ham701 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:50 pm

Stormblessed wrote: Cussing does have a connotation of non maturity however.

The people who say that should go fuck themselves.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion