Meta BrikWars Topic

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: Meta BrikWars Topic

Postby Natalya » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:05 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:
Natalya wrote:I think that if the general depravity of the forum is driving people away from BrikWars, then we ought to put BrikWars first. I again am not going to ban cursing or whatever, but messed up threads have their place and belong there. From now on, anything that is totally screwed up and not in Thunderdumb will either be deleted or moved there. Other mods are free to enforce this rule in their own boards as they see fit. Right now I will just enforce this rule in forums, such as this one, which do not have active mods, and in The Armoury.
I don't know if by "not banning cursing" is that you can't, because people will curse anyways or you don't want to, but a filter that changes it to #$@! would solve the problem.

No I'm not going to word-filter it either.

Ham701 wrote:All fuck, shit, bitch, and likes are are words. If people are too stuck up to handle them, they should go back to their rock. Censorship is lame and dumb, and for little babby forums.

^ This sums up my opinion on the matter. ^

Arkbrik wrote:Well, saying fuck is one thing, posting dicks is another. Posting dicks for the sake of dicks or being a dick is lame and dumb, and for little babby forums.

You are allowed to post dicks, etc. in Artwork as long as they are sufficiently artsy. If I find them non-artistic I will move them to Thunderdumb.

I am 100% okay with this. I just don't want that stuff in other sections of the forum. I guess Thunderdumb is okay though.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Ham701 wrote:On cursing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_osQvkeNRM
All fuck, shit, bitch, and likes are are words. If people are too stuck up to handle them, they should go back to their rock. Censorship is lame and dumb, and for little babby forums.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHxXcPC-PcM
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Natalya » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Whoah I instantly recognized that as a weebl video, after like the first 3 seconds.

@Ross_Varn:
Maybe you are on to something. I guess like we don't have to lose our soul or whatever to grow as a website and for BrikWars to appeal to more people, but sometimes people on here go too far and for no reason. We are definitely a community, but we want to be one that will get bigger as time goes on like Bonn-o-Tron. It might sound like I'm advocating selling out in order for us to get a more mainstream appeal, but I don't want to go that far. The in-jokes and sarcastic humour that make BrikWars what it is don't need to go away, rather we need more of that because it is witty and funny. What we need less of is the crude and unrefined troll attempts that have until recently been allowed to flow unchecked onto the boards. That stuff is probably what drives away people we would probably want to play BrikWars with.

I guess I'm saying I probably wouldn't play BrikWars with someone who couldn't handle a little cursing because other aspects of their personality might suck too. Anoraks. See fuck on the wiki for example. Those people we can do without, but it is not unreasonable to assume that unnecessarily crude and/or vulgar content that doesn't really have a point to it other than to be used as shock imagery or dumb troll posts designed to piss people off, that crap would turn people away too and we don't really want or need that stuff anyway.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya

Postby Silverdream » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:03 pm

As the closest thing this forum has to a troll, I vow to stop being a troll in times where I am not needed. If someone like Asterios ever comes to the forums and the Administrators do not permaban, I will take justice into my own hands.

That being said, I will try to be alot more tolerant and lenient of people I dislike, and I'm still going to use similiar humour. I'm just not going to post nazi-jokes, penises, vaginas, titties or erotic fiction in non-lego form.

Also if I'm playing someone like Fabio, Ser Jeremiah, Xalen or characters that only care about themselves in a forum battle I will probably be an asshole.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:35 am

Silverdream wrote:I will try to be <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> more tolerant and lenient of people I dislike.

:yuno: GET IT
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Natalya » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:39 am

IVhorseman wrote:
Silverdream wrote:I will try to be <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'><a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a></a> more tolerant and lenient of people I dislike.

:yuno: GET IT
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya

Postby Tzan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:39 pm

Silverdream wrote:I'm just not going to post nazi-jokes

Thats what Hitler said,
but he was just joking.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Silverdream » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Fine. Are you fags happy now?

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Zahru II » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:03 pm

:trollception:
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:16 pm

I think this pretty much just sums us up, yeah. Round and round and round we go, where we stop, no one knows, but it's guaranteed to be off the rails.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Zupponn » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:01 pm

If this forum was just about the game of Brikwars, then we wouldn't have forums for Artwork, General Discussion, Lesser Games, etc. Rather, everything else we do is usually in the spirit of Brikwars, which I think is more important to Brikwars than anything else.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Natalya » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:25 pm

A core principal of BrikWars is to have fun. If you are just trolling people constantly for no good reason, well there is no point to that except that it annoys everyone.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya

Postby Zupponn » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Natalya wrote:A core principal of BrikWars is to have fun. If you are just trolling people constantly for no good reason, well there is no point to that except that it annoys everyone.

But if that trolling is fun?
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby mgb519 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:49 pm

Use wit and sarcasm when people say something stupid. Quicker, easier, and less likely to affect random, undeserving people. At least if you do it right.
That is, make sure you direct it at the statement and not directly at the person.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Silverdream » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:02 pm

USER WAS MADE A HERO OF BRIKWARS FOR THIS POST. ALL HAIL SILVERDREAM!

mgb519 wrote:Use wit and sarcasm when people say something stupid. Quicker, easier, and less likely to affect random, undeserving people. At least if you do it right.
That is, make sure you direct it at the statement and not directly at the person.

Maturefaggot
Last edited by Silverdream on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silverdream
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion