Politikal Intreeg!

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: fredde, Dr. X, ikensall

Politikal Intreeg!

Postby mercury19 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:03 pm

This is a new game, that was invented by one of the third/fourth grade teachers at my synangauge. I saw it, and thought hmmm, Legos.

It's mostly based on stratego. Of course, the teacher used it to teach about exodus. I decided it was cool, but was to organized for real Brikwars. So I made it into a intrigue style game.

Rules:

Six kinds of players.

1) head of intelligence: outranks everyone, is one of two who knows what the prize is, and can take it.

2) best spy/intelligence officer: second person who can retrieve the prize, can rescue prisoners, can heal wounded.

3) medic: can heal wounded

4) couriers: carry the prize, can rescue prisoners.

5) assassins: can wound enemies, and rescue prisoners.

6) novice spies: used as sacrifices to get information on enemy ranks.

These are ranked highest to lowest( obviously)

Price picking will probably be by CP, except only one rank 1/2 and maybe 2 rank3s.

Set up like stratego, find some way to hide the minifigs. Field can be however, except that each team must have a prison.
Players take turn moving pieces. Like stratego, if one piece attacks another, the lower rank loses. In this however, the losing piece is sent to prison, and can be rescued.

Attacking:

Rank 1 beats everyone attacking, can only lose to an attacking rank1.

Rank 5 can only imprison rank 5s/6s. They can wound all ranks except rank 1s however. When a piece is wounded, it cannot move. It is stuck in place, until a medic rescues it.

Rank ties solved by dice role.

The objective:

Here the game can be applied to storylines. Maybe the Assyrians want some Immortal battle plans the prize can be anything.

Only ranks 1/2 may claim the prize. They must attack a courier, and interrogate them. Both players role a Dice. If the attacker wins, the defender will reveal whether or not that courier had the prize. If they had it, the attacker wins. If the attacker loses the role, then nothing happens.

Movement:

This game was originally played with the students as the game pieces, so movement is up for debate.

Let me know what you think. I'll try and answer questions.

Didn't know of this was the right forum, but it is played with bricks, and can be applied to Brikwars, so I figured it was more than a lesser game.
mercury19
Minifig

Location: Probably somewhere in the Brikverse. Oh wait, you mean physically?

Re: Politikal Intreeg!

Postby mercury19 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:47 am

Please? Anyone? Hate? Love? Feedback? Crickets get a little monotonous after a while...
mercury19
Minifig

Location: Probably somewhere in the Brikverse. Oh wait, you mean physically?

Postby Bragallot » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:59 am

It's difficult to form an opinion by just reading the rules. The same is probably true for my microspace rules. The best way to find out whether it's any good would probably be hosting / showing a battle of it. If you can somehow incorporate the sense of randomness and chaos of Brikwars into a Stratego-like boardgame, that could be awesome.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:13 pm

Since I have never played Stratego(!) I can't contribute shit.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Zupponn » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:28 pm

Maybe for units have something like this:

1) head of intelligence: outranks everyone

2) best spy/intelligence officer: can rescue prisoners, can heal wounded.

3) medic: can heal wounded

4) couriers: higher movement, can rescue prisoners.

5) assassins: can wound enemies

6) novice spies: can only imprison the enemy head of intelligence, can rescue prisoners

Then play the game like Brikwars, as a 6v6 match. Each #1 gets to decide what item is the "flag". Each player carries around an item, and one of those is the "flag" or place the "flag"somewhere on the team's half of the battlefield. I'm not sure which would be best. Nobody on either team should know what the other team's "flag" is or what the enemies' numbers are, then play the game sort of like Brikwars, with movement being completely free range instead of being fixed to a grid. I hope some of what I'm writing makes sense.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Return to Bricks