Feedback on planned army troops

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde

Re: Feedback on planned army troops

Postby pkbrennan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Battlegrinder wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote:Dark blue or dark red would make a good secondary color.

Maybe so, but the cost issue still comes up, plus I really don't like swapping my minifigs arms or legs around. Though it might work as a vehicle color scheme.

On http://www.bricklink.com such parts are mere pennies, as Rev. Sylvanus has just said. Most of my minifigs, minifig parts and Lego pieces come from there as opposed to evilbay, which can get rather pricey at times.
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."
pkbrennan
Cannon Fodder

Re: Feedback on planned army troops

Postby Battlegrinder » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:50 pm

pkbrennan wrote:
Battlegrinder wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote:Dark blue or dark red would make a good secondary color.

Maybe so, but the cost issue still comes up, plus I really don't like swapping my minifigs arms or legs around. Though it might work as a vehicle color scheme.

On http://www.bricklink.com such parts are mere pennies, as Rev. Sylvanus has just said. Most of my minifigs, minifig parts and Lego pieces come from there as opposed to evilbay, which can get rather pricey at times.

I know about bricklink, but the issue is A) buying all the parts to make a custom minifig is generally more expensive than just buying a similar standard fig, B) higher risk of getting worn parts C) minimum purchase sizes can make actually getting the parts you want a massive pain. And besides, I'm not sure I want to swap parts out, I kinda like the default look of most of the storm/clone troopers, though I might do some helmet and head customizing.

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Previous

Return to Bricks