First Microspace: 'White Fire' Personal Starship

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde

First Microspace: 'White Fire' Personal Starship

Postby Dr. X » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:08 pm

The White Fire is the personal Starship of Senator Jane De'nrin. It is heavily customized, with no (visible) armaments, but can attain an extremely high speed. It is configured with a lavish state-of-the-art luxury interior, including private bunks, a GalactiNet transceiver, and even a small spa.

I normally like to build minifig scale, and for some reason microscale has always repulsed me. I've been building with Lego for 10 years, and I've never built any serious microscale MOCs. But yesterday, I was trying to build a retro-ish thing and I just couldn't succeed, so it eventually just kinda blorped out into A microspace. It could be better, but for my first microscale creation I think it's pretty good.

And the SNOT in the nose is a lot more complicated than it looks from the outside, by the way.

Full gallery here on Flickr.

That's all, bubs! What do you think of it?

-Dr. X
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby pesgores » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:34 am

Ok. Nice design as always.

And, like you, i prefer minifig-scale, but microscale sometimes gets my attention too.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Theblackdog » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:38 am

I like the smooth flowing lines, but the complete lack of detail doesn't look realistic. Even a $50000000000000 luxury yacht ship (cost accurate to Vanguard stats, BTW) would have to have some things like anti-collision radar sets and comm antennas and navigation telescopes and Quantum Waveform Interference Projectors which would need to function all the time and need to be exposed in order to work. Just a couple of greeble pieces on the outer hull would establish scale and make it a lot more realistic.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Dr. X » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:18 pm

Nevah.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:27 pm

I like it. Nice and simple-looking. Always best in my opinion.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Return to Bricks