Brick Warriors: Brute Armor - Tried separating the helmet...

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: fredde, Dr. X, ikensall

Brick Warriors: Brute Armor - Tried separating the helmet...

Postby morganm » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:27 pm

Doubt anyone remembers the posta long time ago about Brick Warriors Brute armor and how I thought it would be more cool if the helmet was a separate piece from the rest of the armor. I'd said I bought a blue one just to try that and would post the results. That was like a year ago lol. Anyway I finally did it, took some pics, and it's pretty much a failure. It doesn't look any better, you can't really put anything on their head because the rear neck guard comes up so far, and my rough cutting looks like crap.

I'll let the photos do the rest of the 'splainin...

Oh well; at least I tried something =) The dark green one I have is still in one piece and still totally metal.
morganm
Dimmy

Re: Brick Warriors: Brute Armor - Tried separating the helme

Postby thrash » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:52 am

The helmet piece looks silly on his head without the armor, but the armor without the helmet actually looks really good. Throw a nice Mohawk on top (I guess you'd need to cut the back though) and he'd look awesome.
thrash
Hero

Postby Itxi » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:42 pm

If you have a steady hand then using a soldering iron you could probably melt the rough edges and neaten it up a bit.
Itxi
Hero

Postby Nimja » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:57 pm

You would more likely melt it to death.
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote:Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

Joke of the day
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN

Postby Bragallot » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:36 pm

I think so too. Would it count as lego mutilation though? :phil:

Armour can look a bit jagged, no problem with that, I think it's just that a color like blue has to be used in unison with something more fitting than an orc figure. If you use the armor for a blue knight and the hat as some sort of regal hat for a noble or a mage (I have a feeling it would go best with a female figure) you could still use them to create some great-looking fantasy figures.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Gungnir » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:13 pm

You might be able to smooth it up with a dremel.
Give a minifig an inch, and he'll murder for a mile.
Gungnir
Dimmy

Postby Itxi » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:02 am

Nimja wrote:You would more likely melt it to death.

Not if you were very careful, but it would be an easy mistake to make. Dremel or just sandpaper would be better I suppose.
Itxi
Hero

Postby morganm » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:45 pm

I think just being more steady and careful in the cutting process would have ended in a much cleaner result. Putting some sort of protection in those areas I accidently gouged would prevent much of the uglyness. I'm thinking a bandaid or electrical tape would do the trick; something to pad against that sharp Xacto tip. The actualy area that was cut away could be sanded and smoothed out. I took a dark blue Sharpie and that made it look a lot better. It looks way worse in the photos because I zoomed in and it's showing every little blemish. By the time you put a minifigure in there (which covers most of the problem areas) and look at it 5 feet away... it looks fine.

I'm honestly not interested in making it look any better; not really a fan of the color to begin with... only reason I bought it was because it was sold out of any color I wanted (at the time) and figured "I don't care if I muck up a blue one because it's fugly to begin with" =) I have a dark green version and it's totally rad; not going to cut that one up.

The new 'hat' or helmet is silly looking =) I just threw it on there so you could see what it looked like detached. The main objective was to just get that removed and free up the head for other headgear. I'd consider it a FAIL because you are so limited on what you can put on the head with the rear neck / head spiked plate coming up. I spose that could also be removed but it does look totally cool.

Thanks for the feed back!
morganm
Dimmy

Return to Bricks