Troop Ideas

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: fredde, Dr. X, ikensall

Troop Ideas

Postby Itxi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:58 pm

As I mentioned briefly before, when I retrieved my Lego from my parents all of my minifigs were missing, so I ordered replacements from BrickLink.

I wasn't really thinking about making an army at that point, I just wanted some insectoids again (First Lego sets I bought with my own money). Now that I am looking at building a faction I'm struggling to think of how to use them. I've already got a rough idea of using mostly Blacktron figures with slight variations (I like the logo), but I can't figure out any cool things to do with the insectoids without just using them as is.

I bought a bunch of different armours from bricklink and none of them look as good as or mix well with the standard armour and helmets.

Anyone got any suggestions?
User avatar
Itxi
Hero
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:51 am

Re: Troop Ideas

Postby Gungnir » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:26 pm

Put them in uniforms with humans and some other aliens. Make a multi-racial crew.
Give a minifig an inch, and he'll murder for a mile.
User avatar
Gungnir
Dimmy
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:01 am

Re: Troop Ideas

Postby Itxi » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:56 am

It's not a bad idea, however I was trying to think of a unique purpose for them. I may just use them as pilots.
User avatar
Itxi
Hero
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:51 am

Re: Troop Ideas

Postby Silverdream » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:39 am

Make them slavers, and either make your other minifigs look like slaves or put trans-green pieces on their heads to denote mind control.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7565
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Troop Ideas

Postby Nimja » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:03 pm

Gungnir wrote:Put them in uniforms with humans and some other aliens. Make a multi-racial crew.

So basically make Lego FTL.
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote:Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

Joke of the day
User avatar
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:48 pm
Location: Location,Location

Re: Troop Ideas

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:05 pm

Nimja wrote:So basically make Lego FTL.

You know what I loath? People telling other people that their basic creative ideas are moot because someone else has done it before, based on one aspect of the other's concept. Congrats.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Re: Troop Ideas

Postby Nimja » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:16 pm

I wasn't saying that. I was saying it is similar. And where did I say it was moot, or unoriginal?
and anyway, alien crews are a large aspect of FTL.
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote:Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

Joke of the day
User avatar
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:48 pm
Location: Location,Location

Re: Troop Ideas

Postby aoffan23 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:47 pm

Nimja wrote:and anyway, alien crews are a large aspect of FTL.


And Mass Effect, and Star Wars, and Star Trek, and...
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.



I agree with Warhead.
User avatar
aoffan23
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3216
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 pm
Location: America's conjoined twin.

Re: Troop Ideas

Postby Colette » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:09 pm

aoffan23 wrote:
Nimja wrote:and anyway, alien crews are a large aspect of FTL.


And Mass Effect, and Star Wars, and Star Trek, and...

Which probably came from Moby-Dick's multinational crew of the Pequod, which itself was inspired by this little thing called real life...
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
 
Posts: 2572
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: Troop Ideas

Postby Itxi » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Not a bad idea that Silver, thanks :)
User avatar
Itxi
Hero
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:51 am

Re: Troop Ideas

Postby Bragallot » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:16 pm

Colette wrote:
aoffan23 wrote:
Nimja wrote:and anyway, alien crews are a large aspect of FTL.


And Mass Effect, and Star Wars, and Star Trek, and...

Which probably came from Moby-Dick's multinational crew of the Pequod, which itself was inspired by this little thing called real life...


I am Life and I am suing you all.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
User avatar
Bragallot
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5377
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Gloating over my driver's license

Re: Troop Ideas

Postby Maverick » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:04 am

Bragallot wrote:
Colette wrote:
aoffan23 wrote:
Nimja wrote:and anyway, alien crews are a large aspect of FTL.


And Mass Effect, and Star Wars, and Star Trek, and...

Which probably came from Moby-Dick's multinational crew of the Pequod, which itself was inspired by this little thing called real life...


I am Life and I am suing you all.

Shit, hurry up and give him money. Oh wait, life is a her. Life is a bitch.
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Spoiler: show
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Winner: Maverick
User avatar
Maverick
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Re: Troop Ideas

Postby Bragallot » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:09 pm

Guys can be bitches too. Have you ever watched television?
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
User avatar
Bragallot
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5377
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Gloating over my driver's license

Re: Troop Ideas

Postby Silent-sigfig » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Bragallot wrote:Guys can be bitches too. Have you ever watched television?


Or the movies?
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
User avatar
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2173
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Number one in USA

Re: Troop Ideas

Postby Maverick » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:02 am

Silent-sigfig wrote:
Bragallot wrote:Guys can be bitches too. Have you ever watched television?


Or the movies?

By this you probably mean reality tv, so the answer is no, i don't watch crap.
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Spoiler: show
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Winner: Maverick
User avatar
Maverick
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Next

Return to Bricks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest