The Badger.

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde

The Badger.

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:23 pm

Some of you may remember my post of the PRA (Post-Rapture Army). I've done some modifications to the army and the vehicles. I've actually done away with the entire bus/RV thing.

Anyway, here is the new and improved Badger Heavy Support Vehicle:

The Badger with it's driver.
The Badger is most often used as a notatank, driving around on the outskirts of a battle, firing shots with it's rotating cannon. The driver is almost fully encased in the caged cockpit in the front. The driver also controls the cannon or the machine guns mounted on the front (the Technic pieces). It is called the Badger because of its wide frame and low height. It is very tough and even though it doesn't look like much, it can take a beating as well as dish out a lot of damage.

The Badger carrying soldiers into battle.
The Badger is well known for its ability to be highly customized for certain situations and missions. Here is a picture of the Infantry Mobilization Seats which can attach to the sides of a Badger and carry them into battle.

The Badger with Supply Stack.
Badgers can also be equipped with Supply Stacks to carry ammo crates and other equipment to other places. Because of the lack of a cannon in this situation and with only its machine guns for protection, the Badger usually only uses this set-up when it is part of a caravan.

The new cannon.
I didn't like the round look of the cannon, especially after I finished another creation which I will post after I am done with this thread. I made this one more square and I really like the way it turned out. It's the same size as the old cannon, just square instead.

The new missile launcher modification.
Different angle.
Behind.
This is the new missile launcher modification for the Badger. The rockets are stored in the top section and roll down into the launchers on either side. One missile is shot (2d10 explosion each) out of each side and can be shot separately.

These are all the pictures I have of the new Badger now. I only have those few modifications, but I am working on a troop transport modification for the top and possibly a trailer-pulling modification as well.

The entire gallery of the Badger that I have.
Last edited by OneEye589 on Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Shaeph » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:30 pm

looks pretty post-apoc, is that what you were going for?
Awesome how you triangle-ed those treads
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin
Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:31 pm

Awesome tank.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:36 pm

Shaeph wrote:looks pretty post-apoc, is that what you were going for?
Awesome how you triangle-ed those treads

Yea, I'm kind of making an entire story-line and MOC-String of these sets. The story so far:

In the year 2013 a strange virus took hold of the world. It used a hidden gene inside the bodies of many creatures and mutated them into creatures that were not natural. Many people were mutated, but around half of the life-forms on Earth did not possess the gene and were not mutated. Many were killed by the mutant creatures who have a kind of anger problem and before anything was done to prevent it many of the survivors of the "Rapture" as many were calling it were killed.

The world then turned into what most think of as apocalyptic. Small bands roaming the world. The mutants made small, tribe-like bands. Humans who survived either lived as nomads or they joined an elite fighting force which was formed later (the PRA).
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Blitzen » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:37 pm

Cue "it's not a tank".

It's not a tank.

However, your notatank achieved a goal I've been trying to for quite a while, now. A small-sized notatank is what I've been failing at, but you did it beautifully.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby Shaeph » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:39 pm

kind of clique but the "mutants have bands" kinda thing really makes it unique,
nice
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin
Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:41 pm

Blitzen wrote:Cue "it's not a tank".

It's not a tank.

However, your notatank achieved a goal I've been trying to for quite a while, now. A small-sized notatank is what I've been failing at, but you did it beautifully.

I thought it was a tank when it had the cannon. It rotates the full 360 degrees (and it can point straight up as well). What makes it a notatank?

And thanks guys. It took a lot of work to make it what I wanted.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:43 pm

OneEye589 wrote:I thought it was a tank when it had the cannon. It rotates the full 360 degrees (and it can point straight up as well). What makes it a notatank?

It's probably the fact that the cockpit isn't completely enclosed.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby Blitzen » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:48 pm

Bingo, Bonn-o. It's just one of the things I've learned from IVTankman.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:57 pm

Ah, okay.

I was thinking about enclosing it, but that would have taken up a lot of space and I thought that would make it less post-apoc feeling as well.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Blitzen » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:02 pm

I think it looks awesome the way it is, but it's not a tank. Call it a tank. Treat it like a tank. But don't tell IV it's a tank.

I like your tank. ; )
Blitzen

Postby OneEye589 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:07 pm

Blitzen wrote:I think it looks awesome the way it is, but it's not a tank. Call it a tank. Treat it like a tank. But don't tell IV it's a tank.

I like your tank. ; )

Haha, okay. My first post is edited to IVHorseman's standards.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:32 am

It's true. It comes so close to being a tank but yet falls short in one, crucial area. The turret rotates so this technically isn't an assault gun, and I guess it's best classified as an "armored cannon platform".

Although to be fair, It's so damn close that I turned a blind eye to his tank claim earlier.

Triangle treads are always really fun. I also really enjoy the way the grill fits over the cockpit.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby OneEye589 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:14 am

Shaeph wrote:kind of clique but the "mutants have bands" kinda thing really makes it unique,
nice

Well, there's a bit more to it as well:

The PRA is out to exterminate ALL of the aggressive mutants (and a lot of them would like to exterminate all of the non-agressive ones as well).
There are small settlements that are not controlled by the PRA.
Many of the small nomadic groups believe that the apocalypse was actually THE Rapture. They either think that God is corrupt and didn't take them even though their lives were lived the right way or some groups believe that a second Rapture is coming and it is their duty to exterminate all of the non-believers before they are allowed into Heaven. Another small group also believes there will be a second Rapture, but they need to keep living good lives and therefore should not kill all of the non-believers. This last group are mostly what makes up the small nomadic groups.
The mutants have their own culture as well, acting more as orcs or barbarians (most of the mutated humans are the minifig-sized trolls) than anything else. There are mutated creatures as well (which I will be using dinosaur figs for in some cases, just to give an idea), but compared to the human mutants they are not as aggressive.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby pesgores » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:58 pm

Lovely.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Next

Return to Bricks