Construction Techniques for the needy!

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde

Postby Sir Lancelot » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:07 pm

james+burgundy wrote:Well i would say if there is any flaw in Brikwars its that there is no kill peach heads and burn megablok days


You monster! :shock:

How could you say such a thing about peach heads. They deserve the same rights as yellow members of the lego community. Saying that a minifig is bad because of its peach skin is like saying your bad because your from Austria. Minifigs don't get a choice of whether or not they are peach, so don't hold it against them. :x
User avatar
Sir Lancelot
Hero
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:52 am
Location: Sitting in a confused state

Postby Joetrillion » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:16 am

I like this guys idea on using x-pod's.

Image

(on the peach discussion above me)I don't mind peaches but there not right when you have a squad of yellow then a peach odd one out.
And anyway yellows are classic. 8)
TROLOLO
Joetrillion
Officer
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:28 am

Postby james+burgundy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:08 pm

I agree with Joetrillion on the peach issue i don't mine them but its like they get in the way
User avatar
james+burgundy
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3076
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:34 pm

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:09 pm

james+burgundy wrote:I agree with Joetrillion on the peach issue i don't mine them but its like they get in the way


Yeah I never really liked them the don't really fit in the Lego world they are kinda like the bit soft candy bars that come out of the candy machine, you still eat them but don't really enjoy them.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
User avatar
*CRAZYHORSE*
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1748
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Procrasturbating.

Postby Joetrillion » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:05 am

Yeah they look like you could put them in your mouth and blow bubbles.
TROLOLO
Joetrillion
Officer
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:28 am

Postby 501stCadians » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:04 am

So....This went from consturction technueches (WARNING:HORRIBLE SPELLING LEVELS ARE HIGH.)to a fight over weather yellow or peach is supoior?I found an easy soultion.My bro likes peaches,so all the sets i get that have peach,i give him the head,and he gives me yellow heads.



*****BACK ON TOPIC*****
I need some help building a 40k sentineal.I REALLY want one for my army,but after 3 hours of trying,i coulnd'nt get it and pormtly threw what i had at the wall.If you have ideas please not that interchanable wepons would be nice. :D :D
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Image
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
User avatar
501stCadians
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Postby Atomsk » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:14 am

This thing looks a lot like an AT-ST or AT-RT from Star Wars, so I'd suggest looking those up on Brickshelf, and seeing how people put the legs together. I'm going to assume that is the part you're hung up on, because they are one of the more difficult features on most walkers.

Image

I looked up some images on google, and from the looks of them, you've got to choose if you want the top open or not, and what sort of chin-mounted weapons you're going to put on it. One model that had a chain saw slung underneath caught my eye, but I'm not sure how practical that is on a light assault walker.

Image

Oh, and I love the exhaust pipes on the back of this thing, it's like they took them straight of an 18-wheeler semi truck. Very steampunk.
User avatar
Atomsk
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Postby 501stCadians » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:17 am

Atomsk wrote:This thing looks a lot like an AT-ST or AT-RT from Star Wars, so I'd suggest looking those up on Brickshelf, and seeing how people put the legs together. I'm going to assume that is the part you're hung up on, because they are one of the more difficult features on most walkers.

Image

I looked up some images on google, and from the looks of them, you've got to choose if you want the top open or not, and what sort of chin-mounted weapons you're going to put on it. One model that had a chain saw slung underneath caught my eye, but I'm not sure how practical that is on a light assault walker.

Image

Oh, and I love the exhaust pipes on the back of this thing, it's like they took them straight of an 18-wheeler semi truck. Very steampunk.


What you found is a Steel Legion Sentinal,Which fights in Ash wastes,and a Catachan Sentineal,Which fights in jungels,hence the chain-saw.And yeah,i did give up on the legs.I think we should try the Catachan one first,since it donsnt have to be sealed.And it has that chainsaw.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Image
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
User avatar
501stCadians
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Postby 501stCadians » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:18 am

Atomsk wrote:This thing looks a lot like an AT-ST or AT-RT from Star Wars, so I'd suggest looking those up on Brickshelf, and seeing how people put the legs together. I'm going to assume that is the part you're hung up on, because they are one of the more difficult features on most walkers.

Image

I looked up some images on google, and from the looks of them, you've got to choose if you want the top open or not, and what sort of chin-mounted weapons you're going to put on it. One model that had a chain saw slung underneath caught my eye, but I'm not sure how practical that is on a light assault walker.

Image

Oh, and I love the exhaust pipes on the back of this thing, it's like they took them straight of an 18-wheeler semi truck. Very steampunk.


What you found is a Steel Legion Sentinal,Which fights in Ash wastes,and a Catachan Sentineal,Which fights in jungels,hence the chain-saw.And yeah,i did give up on the legs.I think we should try the Catachan one first,since it donsnt have to be sealed.And it has that chainsaw.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Image
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
User avatar
501stCadians
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Postby 501stCadians » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:47 am

WTF double post?How did that happen?
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Image
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
User avatar
501stCadians
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Postby Blitzen » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:49 am

WTF triple post?!

I know how that happened.
Image
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
User avatar
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:17 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Postby 501stCadians » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:51 am

WTF Quadrueple post!?ZOMG!


No seriously how is we gonna build the sentianl(chatchan)?
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Image
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
User avatar
501stCadians
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Postby Atomsk » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:26 pm

I'll build one when I get home and show you.
User avatar
Atomsk
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Postby piltogg » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:20 pm

depends, do you want it scale to this, bigger or larger

anyway look around a little. I just dug up this and it looks about right if you've got the parts.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=108773
Image
User avatar
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2416
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:16 pm
Location: Fictional Deutschland

Postby Carrnevil9 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:22 pm

I'm not sure if this is a building technique or if you're asking for building instructions. This is IV's thread though, and my interpretation of his words don't mean jack. If you were to ask me how to make a mechanical fixture, I'll give it a try.

That thing doesn't look a whole lot bigger than a SW AT-RT, so start with that. The other giant misconception about mech legs is that they have to be able to be very pose-able. What you'll find is that it's more important to be able to sustain a weighty cockpit than it is to have it pirouette. Go look at brickcommander for a while and see what he does for legs.

And finally, there's no need to quote someone who posted right above you unless you really want to dissect what they said into tiny, edible, error-heavy strips.
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS
User avatar
Carrnevil9
Officer
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Scene 24

PreviousNext

Return to Bricks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest