Brikwars superweapon index.

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Gunney
Minifig

Post by Gunney » Thu May 07, 2009 4:00 pm

Well, on the math debate, Graphing Calculators will become as dominant as dice, rulers, and donuts along with buckets of FUDGE.
Remember, there are no such thing as Athiests in foxholes. There's also no such things as foxes in foxholes.

Memsochet
Battlefield General

Post by Memsochet » Thu May 07, 2009 5:30 pm

tahthing wrote:i think you need to re read some of the rules on "not takeing hours on turns"
Hence the reason to include super complex equations. Only the truly insane would try to actively solve them 1x/turn. Which means there'd be a hell of a lot more room for fudging.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Fri May 08, 2009 1:48 am

Maybe HP could be by volume or something. But srsly I just prefer winging it for stuff like that. Treating the Longinus as a fortress wall which could move and had guns stuck on it worked well enough for the Death War so iunno. I think bullshitting has its merits in cases like this.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Gunney
Minifig

Post by Gunney » Fri May 08, 2009 10:48 am

I'unno, that volume idea did make a good ring. I mean, it does make sense. Only problem is, there'd be <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> of calculations for complex structures, I.E. Mechs.

You'd have to do the area of each limb, and calculate the health of each limb into a grand total.

But yea, Volume would defenitely be worth something. A giant cannon on wheels, even if its larger, shouldn't be as well protected or as healthy as the PARV just because it has a longer base.

I vote for Volume Based Health!
Remember, there are no such thing as Athiests in foxholes. There's also no such things as foxes in foxholes.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sat May 09, 2009 4:18 am

The largest dimension method has worked pretty well, I think; even if they have the same size ratings, bulky objects survive better than spindly ones because it takes a lot more work to break significant chunks off the bulky ones. The narrower a creation is, the more susceptible it is to component damage.

We've had more complex hit point systems in the past (sometimes MUCH more complex), but they don't seem to make a whole lot of actual difference compared to the huge amount of extra work you have to put in to maintain them.

Tarren
Dimmy

Post by Tarren » Sat May 09, 2009 10:44 am

tahthing wrote:i think you need to re read some of the rules on "not takeing hours on turns"
That equation REALLY isn't that hard >.>
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Mon May 11, 2009 3:49 pm

my floppy penis wrote:
That equation REALLY isn't that hard >.>
now go some where, take no calculator, eat loads of suger and drink loads,now work out 20 variations.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Mon May 11, 2009 4:56 pm

I still knew the first 13 digits of pi while being under the influence of inhaled substances.
I think I can do some equations.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes