(NEWS) Lego makes Pirates of the Caribbean?

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: ikensall, fredde, Dr. X

(NEWS) Lego makes Pirates of the Caribbean?

Postby james+burgundy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:17 pm

These pictures were taken at Comic Con. Its not conformed that there will be a POC license but this does seem to point pretty strongly towards it.

via FBTB
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby Zahru II » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:37 pm

initial reaction:

OH GOD NO
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby james+burgundy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:39 pm

I am still not sure about it being good, kinda iffy.
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:17 pm

8) Savvy!
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Canister » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:38 pm

Well.

It'll be based on the fourth movie, then.

I'm amazed that Disney managed to get so much out of a ride.[/url]
TROLOLO
Canister
Champion

Postby RoC77 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Quoted somone else from, a different site.....

No great surprise that a licensed Pirates theme based on Pirates of the Caribbean would be coming out with the new movie "On Stranger Tides" scheduled for a 2011 release. At the American International Toy Fair in 2009, LEGO and Disney said:

"The LEGO Group and Disney Consumer Products today announced a multi-year licensing agreement that gives the world’s premiere construction toy brand access to an extensive portfolio of renowned Disney and Disney Pixar properties. LEGO(R) and LEGO DUPLO(R) products are currently in development for three franchises -- Disney Pixar’s Toy Story and Cars, and Prince of Persia -- all scheduled to launch in 2010

"We are thrilled to team up with Disney, another of the world’s premium brands for families with children,” said Jorgen Vig Knudstorp, CEO LEGO Group. “When two brands who share similar values bring their franchises together -- in this case a timeless play pattern with some of the industry’s most beloved stories and characters -- and combine their access to families, retail strength and marketing power, amazing things can happen. We can’t wait to launch the first three lines and look forward to exploring all of the ways in which we bring the wonderful world of Disney to life in LEGO form.

"Joining forces with LEGO Group speaks to the commitment and vision both companies share for quality product and innovative creativity that invigorates kids play,” said Vince Klaseus, senior vice president, global toys, Disney Consumer Products. “Our collaboration will continue to extend the vitality of our roster of franchises by bringing our characters and their worlds to life in a fresh and exciting way. Through these new LEGO product lines, Disney will continue to build presence in the construction toys category and grow market share in the boys demographic.

Also, with Disney shelling out $4 billion for Marvel entertainment and its roster of 5000 characters, it would seem to open the door to more superhero licenses.
TROLOLO
RoC77
Playmobil

Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Postby masterMISICK » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:55 pm

yarrr they be using peaches
I like to look my enemy in the face through a high powered sniper rifle 2 miles away

Sorry for my retarded inability to spell.
masterMISICK
Minifig

Postby Hoboman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:04 pm

This just does not feel like a major shock to me. With the two companies working together (Disney Movie themed sets & Lego sets in the Disney Stores) this one seemed ripe for a lego treatment.
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:59 pm

This makes a lot of sense, seeing that Lego's phasing out the current Pirates line. It'll just be a franchise peach line of Pirates now.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Silent-sigfig » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:04 pm

Peach pirates anyone?
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby james+burgundy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:41 pm

You know if Lego gets to go though and pick what it wants to make form Disney then maybe maybe if the megablok license runs out (which I think i might have) Lego will start to do some Marvel stuff snice Disney bought Marvel just maybe..
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby Blitzen » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Maybe they'll do something as a tie-in to the Avengers movie in 2012.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby Paco » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:00 pm

james+burgundy wrote:You know if Lego gets to go though and pick what it wants to make form Disney then maybe maybe if the megablok license runs out (which I think I might have) Lego will start to do some Marvel stuff snice Disney bought Marvel just maybe..
Like releasing new weird penis sets? This could turn out pretty awesome.
Paco
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Warhead » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:08 pm

X-Men
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Blitzen » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:18 pm

X-Men would be awesome. Also Iron Man, weird penis, Thor, the Hulk, Fantastic Four, Captain America, and all the other superheroes that belong to Marvel.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Next

Return to Bricks