(NEWS) Lego makes Pirates of the Caribbean?

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: fredde, Dr. X, ikensall

Postby Gungnir » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:57 pm

Disney may be evil, but they pale in comparison to other companies' evil. Such as, let's say, Google.
http://www.cracked.com/article_18540_5-reasons-you-should-be-scared-google.html
As far as peaches go, I think Lego should either do their own versions of different settings (pirates, castles, space, etc.), or yellowfy all the minifigs from other lines.
Gungnir
Dimmy

Postby morganm » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:29 am

dilanski wrote:
OneEye589 wrote:Disney being evil? Just because they have tons of money doesn't make them evil. It's not like they're slaughtering puppies or spreading diseases.

Disney is evil becuase they say their 'corporate values' are creating family entertainment to be enjoyed by everyone, but that's actually bullshit, they try and make as much money out of everything, I feel sorry for PIXAR I give them 4 years until Disney has drained everything they can.

If you don't believe me then look at PotC 2+3 (and probably 4) Their getting crappier and crappier, Disney is trying to make as much money in as little time as possible.

Would you rather they only make 'just enough money' or 'only as much money as they need' ? Is it the fact that you don't believe their mission statement lines up with their actual products and true motives? Or is your real problem that they are "trying to make as much money in as little time as possible"; regardless of what their mission statement or motives are?

How much money is too much? Who gets to decide if someone has made, or is trying to make, too much money? Who gets to wield the power of taking money from those classified as 'making too much money'? What gets done with that money after it's seized?

Could you also point out where you found those 'corporate values'? I've found nothing from Disney stating they are 'creating family entertainment to be enjoyed by everyone'. As close as I could come was their "Culture" page. http://corporate.disney.go.com/careers/culture.html

They also have a lot of other related information under their Corporate Information site map: http://corporate.disney.go.com/corporate/sitemap.html

As far as I can tell they are saying what they want to do, doing what they are saying, and making a shit load of money in the process.
morganm
Dimmy

Postby OneEye589 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:42 pm

Making money does not mean they're doing bad things with the money. Like I said, they don't do anything bad with their mass amounts of money. Did you see The Princess And The Frog? It was actually pretty good, as good as the old movies.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Previous

Return to Bricks