2011 new stuff general discussion

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: fredde, Dr. X, ikensall

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:41 pm

Wait, are they out yet? I'm going to need to get these just because of the weapons, seriously.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Elmagnifico » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:01 am

Nice, I've been meaning to get some grotz to go with my orks
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
User avatar
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1485
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: Still Controversial to Some Douches

Postby Lordofdragonss » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:16 am

Ross_Varn wrote:Wait, are they out yet? I'm going to need to get these just because of the weapons, seriously.


Ehh Guys you need to look on Eurobricks/ Brickset more.
The weapons are also in Blacksmith attack:

It will be much cheaper than Heroica games.
Image
And you will get a chicken!

In addition, the first PotC review is here: http://www.phantoms.su/index.php?showtopic=26570
Chromed gold is not chromed :fu: :fu:
Image I DEMAND SOULS! (Click to give soul)
User avatar
Lordofdragonss
Officer
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:46 am
Location: Poland

Postby aoffan23 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:08 am

I've said it once and I'll say it again: those weapons just look like Mega Bloks to me.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.



I agree with Warhead.
User avatar
aoffan23
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3213
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 pm
Location: America's conjoined twin.

Postby Zahru II » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:19 am

Lordofdragonss wrote:
Chromed gold is not chromed :fu: :fu:


I actually like that. I hate chrome, it always flakes and chips off and I'm terrified to use them.
User avatar
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time
 
Posts: 4278
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 am
Location: Hüngäry

Postby Rev. Sylvanus » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:12 am

definitely not a fan of the new way LEGO is doing skeletons.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders
User avatar
Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:14 pm
Location: Appalachia

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:01 am

aoffan23 wrote:I've said it once and I'll say it again: those weapons just look like Mega Bloks to me.

But the weapons for other building bricks are actually okay. Some of them are pretty cool. At least other things don't look like Megabloks.
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4255
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Postby RJ » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:32 am

Damn. I was going to tone down buying lego, but that Blacksmith and the PotC....
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?
User avatar
RJ
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 10:31 am
Location: Destroying Groin's Face

Postby enders_shadow » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:18 am

the only reason I'd get the potc sets is because of the skeletons. I missed most of the fantasy line, so now the kndoms sets don't have skellies, and my forces are extremely lacking. that head is just disgusting though... beard on skull?
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Postby RJ » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:28 am

Not disgusting.

Image

Well, maybe in a literal sense it is, but I quite like the figure. And you can't complain the figure isn't wearing clothes because you get a Barbossa figure with it so you can improvise.

What's disgusting is Jack. He has a skeleton head on a fleshy body.
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?
User avatar
RJ
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 10:31 am
Location: Destroying Groin's Face

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:04 am

I am loving the swords holsters. I have always had issues with giving ranged units a CC option because their hand where always already full.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
User avatar
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1758
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Location: Procrasturbating.

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:36 pm

oh god

That chicken disturbs my mind.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Nitewatchman » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Hating the new weapons. Well, most of them.

Blacksmith set still looks wicked sweet, though.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
User avatar
Nitewatchman
Galidor
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Pants.

Postby Swordsalmon » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:oh god

That chicken disturbs my mind.


That chicken is amazing. I hope PAB will have them, because I'd definitely make a massive army of space chickens called Poultrytron. ;)

I don't really like the new weapon designs, though. :/ The bow and knives are alright, but that axe and mace look pretty ugly.
Image
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.
User avatar
Swordsalmon
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:05 pm

Postby enders_shadow » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:03 pm

I disagree, I think the knives lego already has are fine, but the one-piece battleaxe is what I'm really looking forward to :) (only because Brickforge's sucks, and Brickarms hasn't made one yet)
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

PreviousNext

Return to Bricks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests