This is (not) Sparta!

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde

Postby james+burgundy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:26 am

Form what the guy that I got them told me I was only able to get one of them form stores and the rest he bought off bricklink, but it cool to know someone got lucky.
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby lrdofbricks » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:02 pm

those helmets look a lot like brickforge, nice spears, those sheilds fail, they don't even have handles which gives them a pose-ability of 0% and their about half the size they need to be. all in all not that bad, but my legion/spartan soldiers cuald easily kick their asses. wheres their shortswords, becuase spartans fought in formations (phalnaxes) that would make the angry inch useless, so they would fail up close.
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"
lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Cakeman » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:25 pm

Spears are great up close, all the minifig have to do is grip them further up the shaft by the... pointy end (my english fails me now and then) and voila, you're not safe up close anymore. Besides, all the fighting spartan (and scotsman) has to do is let his loincloth/kilt slip aside to temporarily stun his enemy. Hmm... wasn't there a simpsons episode where groundskeeper Willie wore his combat kilt to a basketball game? Win :)
Cakeman
Minifig

Postby james+burgundy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:24 pm

lrdofbricks wrote:my legion/spartan soldiers cuald easily kick their asses.
I would agree with this part of your post (the rest I thought was pure crap ) but that is only because your men out number mine like 2 or 3 to 1. These (non) Spartans are a single part of a much large force that comprises my CC army.
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby lrdofbricks » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:09 pm

correction, i could put an equal CP amount of mine and it would be a good battle. we should try it some time, maybe brickfair next summer.

and i was messing with most of the insults, cept the sheilds. you really should find better sheilds
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Postby james+burgundy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:30 pm

I will agree the shields are a bit puny in comparison to what your guys are lugging around but it would seem to give them more mobility then your guys at the same time. I would love to do a little battle between the two forces and since I am pretty sure i'll make next Brick Fair maybe we will be able to do one.
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby Commander Evil » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Accurate or not, I think the Femmespartan looks pretty cool in that bunch.
Commander Evil
Hero

Postby Cakeman » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Commander Evil wrote:Accurate or not, I think the Femmespartan looks pretty cool in that bunch.

Yup. Let her stay.
Cakeman
Minifig

Postby aoffan23 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:39 pm

Only problem with the lady... the anime eyes. They just look so wrong.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby Commander Evil » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:54 pm

aoffan23 wrote:Only problem with the lady... the anime eyes. They just look so wrong.

They seem to add a sort of gleefully malicious gaze, but then again it does sort of stick out from the others.
Commander Evil
Hero

Postby Warhead » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:25 am

These Hoplites are obviously manly men who need an armoured camp whore for all the after battle celebratory fornication. All the other armies only have each other to celebrate with so nothing to look forward to, well except for getting booty bothered. At least these guys thought ahead. I would imagine it makes them better fighters as the other armies subliminally want to lose so they don't get surprise sexed up the bum later. See, it all makes perfect sense. :D
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby james+burgundy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:50 am

Thanks Warhead :D
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby Cakeman » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:57 pm

Warhead wrote:...all the after battle celebratory fornication.

This is why it's best to fight in enemy land - this way your wife won't know what (or whom) you do, and you don't risk accidentaly grabbing your fellow fighters women. It's so embarrassing when everyone wakes up in camp the day after...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hikLjcwFdD8
Cakeman
Minifig

Postby lrdofbricks » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:52 pm

Cakeman wrote:Spears are great up close, all the minifig have to do is grip them further up the shaft by the... pointy end (my english fails me now and then) and voila, you're not safe up close anymore. Besides, all the fighting spartan (and scotsman) has to do is let his loincloth/kilt slip aside to temporarily stun his enemy. Hmm... wasn't there a simpsons episode where groundskeeper Willie wore his combat kilt to a basketball game? Win :)

ya that can be fudged but in reality you have to hold it by the end farthest from the spearpoin. thats what the angry inch is for.
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Postby All-knowing-ardvark » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:11 am

Grrr...major jealousy here. Wish I had a bunch a' Spartans...Ah, well, off to spend to much money on little plastic things...

Where can you find the Collectible minifigs, other than online? Bad 'ol Wal-Fart managed to fail epicly, since they don't carry any collectible minifigs.
POIT!

I AM the grand Tronchator of Femur! Fear my wrath!
TROLOLO
All-knowing-ardvark
Champion

Previous

Return to Bricks