Quality control with Green Army Men?

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde

Quality control with Green Army Men?

Postby Swordsalmon » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:06 am

By now, most of ya'll probably know that I really like the Army Men on Patrol set. It's a fantastic army-builder, and has great pieces. I have bought six of them, and have been very pleased with the sets. However, there is a problem with them.

The quality of the Army Men on Patrol pieces seems inferior than other modern Lego sets. With each set, there has been at least one minor nick in a few pieces, always a couple of the green plates. This really ain't a problem; the pieces work very well. However, in my most recent Army Men box, there was a far larger problem; signifigant nicks on a minifig torso, along with the regular plate nicks. I've taken a couple pictures, because this sort of stuff should normally not be there.

This is a view of the torso; there is a nick above its left collar. Quality on the picture sucks, though.

The most glaring nicks are on the right side next to the arm socket.

And finally, there's a nick on the upper-left of the torso's back.

tl;dr, Army Men sets have rather bad quality. I normally don't buy other sets, so has anyone else had any quality issues with other sets recently?
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.
Swordsalmon
Cannon Fodder

Postby RunsWithLegos » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:55 am

i have found that some lego sets are a bit flimsy with the mini fig parts but no much, also you pics are shit.
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:56 am

Hrm... first GAM set I bought, the faces were rather faded in relative contrast to the green. I figured that was normal, but the most recent set I have of them has darker faces. Ah well.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby piltogg » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:09 am

the collectible minnifigs and their accessories seem to be made of a different kind of plastic that I suspect is lower quality than normal, but other than that, no.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby james+burgundy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Ever heard of focusing on the item for which you are trying to photograph? Looks like you held the camera about 3 inches away and started shooting.
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:44 pm

Take better pictures and send them into Lego. All of the nicks and imperfections you've found.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby james+burgundy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:26 pm

If the damage is bad enough they will send you new parts I have gotten a few replacement parts for damage before it just will talk like 2 weeks shipping and what not.
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Return to Bricks