Anyone else going to the TwinCities MN Lego events?

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde

Anyone else going to the TwinCities MN Lego events?

Postby morganm » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:17 am

The GMLTC is having an open house tomorrow (DEC 4) from Noon till 8 PM. Looks like they will have a significant display to behold! A 30'x18' display of cityscapes and trains. Plus Brickmania will be there with some neat WWII models. I plan on taking my son to go check it out. He didn't sound excited when I told him about it but I bet once he sees it all he'll be impressed! I also plan to buy some Brickarms stuff from Brickmania while I'm there.

Here's a link to some details:
http://www.gmltc.org/index.php/news-a-e ... r-4th.html

There's also the grand re-opening of the Lego Imagination Center in Mall of America. As you may know it's been closed for remodeling a while now. Will be re-opening at 11 AM. I don't plan on making that one... we'll see.

Link to details:
http://stores.lego.com/en-us/Minneapolis/events.aspx
morganm
Dimmy

Postby piltogg » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:59 pm

huh.... I had only been aware of TClug in the area. Cool that there are two I guess.

The majority of MNGG (brikwars group) is heading over to MOA for the grand-reopening, so we might also go to this event. If I can convince them that is... thanks for the heads up.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby morganm » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:27 pm

The train setup was pretty neat (really neat for the kids). Briks for the kids to play with, Lego Star Wars on a console for them to play, some neat WWII models and diorama setup by Brikmania which was totally sweet. Spent about $30 on Brickarms stuff which was sweeeeet. Really like the Zombie Defense pack.

Hey piltogg did you get to see the "limited edition" robot set they were throwing in to the first 300 ppl who spent $35? I was really tempted to go down and try to get one but we have a busy day already scheduled. Wondering if that robot set was worth it or lame.

Thx!
morganm
Dimmy

Postby piltogg » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:32 pm

I got there much to late to get one of thoose, there was like an hour lon line just to get into the place. The brickmania event was much more interesting, And I got enough brickarms shit to outfit the entire Akkadian infantry, so thats awesome.

I think I saw u there actually. Because there was this dude with a kid there with a beard like I would expect most brikwariors to have. who was following us around because he was just as lost as we were. Could have been some other dude though.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby dragonslayer15 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:07 pm

This place was awesome!! cool thats in in our Area! Minnesota! the brickarms were nice to buy. i will put them to great use! 8)
life completion equation is.. Legos+Girls+food+ video games=Life.. yep all you need
TROLOLO
dragonslayer15
Champion

Postby morganm » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:31 am

piltogg wrote:I got there much to late to get one of thoose, there was like an hour lon line just to get into the place. The brickmania event was much more interesting, And I got enough brickarms shit to outfit the entire Akkadian infantry, so thats awesome.

I think I saw u there actually. Because there was this dude with a kid there with a beard like I would expect most brikwariors to have. who was following us around because he was just as lost as we were. Could have been some other dude though.

Musta been someone else; no beard here =) We got there right at noon and opened the joint up.
morganm
Dimmy

Postby piltogg » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:36 am

k.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Hoboman » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:57 am

Sounds like this would have been fun. :D

Did you get any good pictures?
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby piltogg » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:24 pm

yeah. but I took them on my cell. so they are not good quality. I'll upload some later.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby piltogg » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:36 pm

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Ham701 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:47 pm

Looks like Natalya ain't got nothing on that mecha over there.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

Postby morganm » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Whats the story behind the picture of the security duder and the twins staring at him?

Think we'll go check out the new LIC next weekend; looks really sweet! Nice to see some new creations... some of those old ones were getting really faded and I swear some were never dusted =P
morganm
Dimmy

Postby piltogg » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:49 pm

no story, I just liked that angle, and it was either a pic of them or the ceiling, as my cell phone does not have a zoom function.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Return to Bricks