Building Krysto -- Because I can.

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde

Building Krysto -- Because I can.

Postby piltogg » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:59 pm

(And I hate being outdone by Warhead on such a huge scale.)
Ok... so the story goes as follows.
As you all know, Piltogg is on the quest for the 9 artifax of pre-creation and has about half of them at this point, (or at least he will once I have enough free-time and motivation to upload the last stage.) So his next target is the original OTC. Warhead's original envisionment of it's resting place was in "the ice caves" But I say fuck that. It belongs in "the ice palace" So, at this point the akkadians would have already stormed the majority of the planet, and would just need to get past the defenses of the most heavily guarded area on krysto. And if you were wondering, yes I'm going to make this one into a forum-battle. So cheers.

DAYS 1-5

I did alot. But this is probably only 2/3 of the final project.

The Akkadians have already taken up their spots.(mostly)

The defenses are fairly formidable looking, despite the fact that I haven't paid too much attention to them yet.

I figured that the palace is probably like the only heated building in all of krysto, so it needed to have a large garden to produce all the oxygen on the entire planet. or something like that.

The housecarls are ready to defend the most sacred object in all krysto-dom and it is sealed not in a OT-status chamber, but in the living rock of Karna.

I'm pretty much finished with this office building or whatever, which might provide some good cover, or at least just look good in pics.

The wall is protected by a small secondary wall, which is an electric fence. and it has firring slits every couple of feet.

Space-Nazis will make up the bulk of the infantry on the assault due to the Akkadian's klassik-treaties with the Ice-worlders. Also they are the only ones who are fanatical enough to actually try to assault the palace of krysto.

I made up some smaller vehicles.

This and the other one on the other side are presumably the places where the OT is forged into an OTC.

I have some cyber-polarbears to help defend also.

View from inside palace, going out.

So yeah.... suggestions for names of things and stuff that should still get built would be welcome
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Natalya » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:47 pm

If you have the parts, it'd be cool if you could make some of my Assyrian soldiers. They'd be there to help defend the palace because we don't want you to take all of the artifakts or whatever.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
You think I have a god complex? Let me tell you something. I am god.
You think I have a god complex?  Let me tell you something.  I am god.

Postby Swordsalmon » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:34 am

The Ice Palace needs more turrets. Lots and lots of turrets, preferably with OT rounds or something. Otherwise, it looks really cool. :D
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.
Swordsalmon
Cannon Fodder

Postby BFenix » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:54 am

I just don't get the other buildings around the palace. The closer one looks like a McDonalds, and the OTC forging grounds or whatever could have some tools and foundry materials around, like a blacksmith or modern metal works.

Despite that, the palace looks good (not sure about the garden though) and overall forces look ready for an awesome battle

Also, some Assyrians and turrets would indeed make the defense more intense don't you think?
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:45 am

Love the Palace great work, it looks really good. Not so sure of the garden but hey no big deal.

I think you need more Akkadians. Even more so when you fit the defences. This shouldn't be a walk over 4 turn victory. It needs to be a bloody struggle.
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby piltogg » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:49 am

well I could maybe get like 6-8 Assyrians if I borrowed some from friends. But there will be several other secret factions in the battle(mostly defending). And yes, I'm planning on building a lot of turrets. and adding tools and crap to the forge-yards. And the other red-and-yellow building was actually supposed to look like a mc-Donalds, because that was the first building that came to mind when thinking of things that belonged in cities.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby ikensall » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:59 am

Could you rustle up some steampunk guys? Sorry for being a pain. And don't feel you have to either, just if you can do it without trawling through several bucket of crap.
My forum battle; The Tea Party of Doom - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9932&p=237262#p237262
My builds; viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11297

ikensall wrote:Come and join the fascinating silence in mibbit!
ikensall
Dimmy

Postby Natalya » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:56 am

piltogg wrote:well I could maybe get like 6-8 Assyrians if I borrowed some from friends.

Yeah that's all I'm asking. :)
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
You think I have a god complex? Let me tell you something. I am god.
You think I have a god complex?  Let me tell you something.  I am god.

Postby Robot Monkey » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:03 pm

This is going to be great. :D
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby piltogg » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:28 pm

Warhead wrote:Love the Palace great work, it looks really good. Not so sure of the garden but hey no big deal.

I think you need more Akkadians. Even more so when you fit the defences. This shouldn't be a walk over 4 turn victory. It needs to be a bloody struggle.

Oh yeah, I have a ton more figs that will be included eventually, and in fact, I just got another table, so I can triple the size of Krysto if I have enough brix. But it will be a while before it's done, so don't bother calling places or anything yet.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:30 pm

Yeah not really sure about the garden. I would give it more of an Ice planet feeling.

Also if you make some more real buildings around the palace then that would give a lot more tactical options.

This looks to be awesome in every way.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
Playmobil

Postby piltogg » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:01 pm

Day 6:

It's starting to shape up a lot more. Added the other half of the buildings, and just need to get all the fiddly bits added in before it will be all ready to go.
Last edited by piltogg on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby piltogg » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:41 pm

hodgepodgeyness is a necessity if you want to build something that is large without placing a shitload of bricklink orders or whatever. Plus this was mostly stuff which was already built. Because then I can get it done faster. Plus I have no idea how the hell you would build an Igloo out of lego that looked even remotely good and was at least a little bit playable.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby BFenix » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:06 am

Silverdream wrote:I think you mean day 6. The city looks a bit hodgpodgian. Not to mention I thought iceworlders would live in igloos and military bases.

I agree with silvy here, I see Krysto has the place that is cold as fuck. There should just be frozen blue and white buildings with antennae arrays, OT windows and lights. But I understand the hodgepodgeness...
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:06 am

BFenix wrote:
Silverdream wrote:I think you mean day 6. The city looks a bit hodgpodgian. Not to mention I thought iceworlders would live in igloos and military bases.

I agree with silvy here, I see Krysto has the place that is cold as fuck. There should just be frozen blue and white buildings with antennae arrays, OT windows and lights. But I understand the hodgepodgeness...

yeah and riding Poler bears with saddles.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
Playmobil

Next

Return to Bricks