Jackpot!

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: fredde, Dr. X, ikensall

Postby Captain Nomouth » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:46 pm

My grandma had some awesome old LEGO sets at her house that I would always play with. Then one day she let my little brother borrow them... BAD IDEA. Now I can't find all the pieces and I'm going to have to buy the sets on bricklink to restore her toy cabinet to its full glory.

Set # 8820-1
Set # 6675-1
Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
Captain Nomouth
Officer

Postby pesgores » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:20 am

My OLDER brother had much of those kind of sets when i wasn't even born. Y'know, he is almost 10 years older.

The LEGO of the early 90's was just awesome. Especially because of the System sets, with the small vehicles and stuff...now they all disappeared. I mean, not ALL of them, but now they are just from town services, like Coast Guard, Police, Firemen, etc. And back in the 90's, they were almsot all civil vehicles.

I have a drawer in my bedroom filled with those little boys.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby HeartOfDarkness » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:06 pm

Interesting. My grandparents just moved to North Carolina, leaving me with five or six huge boxes of space, castle, pirate, and town sets, as well as thirty or forty minifigs. My Black Falcon population went from zero to twenty in a few seconds, not to mention all the crusaders, forestmen, and classic spacemen.

Can you say 'Awesome'?
TROLOLO
HeartOfDarkness
Nice Dubs

Postby piltogg » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:27 pm

ossum.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Previous

Return to Bricks