Modular terrain examples from Magnus

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:41 pm

THis seems like an awesome idea, could allow for underground battles like in sewers and the like

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:54 pm

enders_shadow wrote:How about you can all bring enough baseplates to put your own armies on? because it doesn't make sense for Natalya to make two, then take up five. Also, I like Arkbriks better than Silent's, but his seems easier.
Funny, I think Silent's are awesomer than mine, but I think mine are easier - it will take a ton of green bricks to cover every baseplate with them.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:55 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:Here's the gig. We each bring two or three specialized raised/lowered dirt/urban/whatever the hell you want baseplates [MOCplates], several flat and simple baseplates, and terrain that you can put down on the simple or MOCplates- forest/buildings/whatnot. Take masking tape and slap it on the bottom with your name, we can keep them seperate at the end of the day. This seems to be the best method of having a large brik-built battlefield. I'm working on location at the moment.
Isn't that what I said in the first post?

I think everyone should just make as many of these as they want/can. If you can bring more, do it. If you need the pieces, then take one apart. Who uses green to a great extent anyway?

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:46 pm

Just separated all my green, dark green, brown, reddish brown, tan, and sand from everything else into one bin. Gonna try to make some trenches and hills now, let's see how far I get before I run out.

EDIT: Built a 16x32 trench with 4 exits. If I have the pieces hoping to make a couple 16x16 trench pieces and a 32x32 hill piece with a trench running out of it. It's fun to make, it just takes a lot of pieces.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:56 pm

Well... I guess so. I'd like to see playable buildings on the field as well though.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:05 pm

I thought that was a given. Having slopes doesn't mean you can't have buildings, bunkers, weapon depots on them.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:17 pm

Wow! This is Amazing!!! Interesting idea, I hope you keep going with it despite the staggering amount of briks you'll need.

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:49 pm

See, my problem is a lack of green bricks. I have a big bag of different green and brown and blue stuff that I use to construct battlefields. I ordered several Manly Santa Day tree baggie sets of Bricklink some time ago, and those trees are VERY useful as terrain pieces.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:05 pm

You need to get tons of 2x4 bricks of any color for this also. One 32x16 trench done, one 16x16 trench done, and one 32x32 slope with trench half done.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:24 pm

RunsWithLegos wrote:THis seems like an awesome idea, could allow for underground battles like in sewers and the like
THIS FORUM NEEDS MORE OF THIS

ATTN: WARHEAD

GO INTO THE SEWERS FOR THE LATTER PART OF YOUR FORUM BATTLE
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:30 am

RunsWithLegos wrote:THis seems like an awesome idea, could allow for underground battles like in sewers and the like
IIIIIIIIIDEA! :idea:

*yoink'd*
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

eviljack
Hero

Post by eviljack » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:40 pm

PennLUG has a road standard, train ballast standard, a water standard, and we now have a new hill/terrain chage standard. The last two might work for brikwars, but the water standard is very parts intensive. The hill/terrain change works nice for those times when you want to go from raised terrain to flat base plates. I will link it once we get the design finalized but shouldl work out nicely and lets you add things like recessed streams/creeks.

ApocaLEGO has had a standard for war torn terrain for a while now. Here is a link to it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carterbald ... 929441959/

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:38 pm

I've considered ideas for underground battles for a while now, but don't have the bricks. Remember BrickQuest? It's standard has nagged at the back of my mind for a while now.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:40 pm

This is awesome, but didn't I suggest this like several months ago?
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:30 am

Natalya wrote:
THIS FORUM NEEDS MORE OF THIS

ATTN: WARHEAD

GO INTO THE SEWERS FOR THE LATTER PART OF YOUR FORUM BATTLE

H'mmmm, potentially problematic... hazardous terrain... Sewer Crocodiles!... I like it!

I used to have this shitty old carpet in my room when I was a kid that was laid out in kind of squared off or boxed patterns. We used the inch wide outline as underground corridors and the boxes as rooms. You kind of make do with imagination when you don't have enough Lego yet. I think it's better that way.