Found some deals at a nerd shop...

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: ikensall, fredde, Dr. X

Found some deals at a nerd shop...

Postby morganm » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:52 am

Atlantis Wreck Raider 8057 - $4.99
LEGO STAR WARS Clone 7914 Mandalorian Battle Pack - $7.99
LEGO STAR WARS 7913 Clone Trooper Battle Pack - $7.99

Looking online these are pretty good prices for new, in the box, sets. They have a stack of the battle packs.... just a matter of how much I want to spend O_o Only had one Wreck Raider or I'd have bought more.... love those Atlantis suits!

There's some other, larger, sets that are cheaper than retail but they didn't strike me as being great deals. However I didn't go research every set so I can't really say.
morganm
Dimmy

Postby benkim123 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:15 am

How many battle packs did you buy?
benkim123
Jaw-Jaw

Postby morganm » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:12 am

I ended up getting the Wreck Raider, two 8083 Hoth Rebel Trooper Battle Packs, and two 7914 Mandalorian Battle Packs. All said and done it was almost $40.

The 7913 Clone Trooper Battle Packs were gone by the time I got back there Sunday... typical move for me... I THINK something is a good deal, go back and do some research, find out it's a good deal, then go back to buy it and I'm too late. Story of my life really :roll:

Anyway I'm happy with what I got; comes down to about $2 per minifig + accessories + all the blocks and bits. The squeal of my daughter when she saw what daddy bought himself for his birthday was worth it right there :lol:

There's still 4 or 5 8083 Hoth Rebel Trooper Battle Packs there.... I only had $40 to spend so I didn't get anymore. Also one 8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack (Empire dudes with the speeder bike) but it's $12 which isn't a good deal. A couple of larger Star Wars sets there as well. Didn't research them as much but they are certainly below retail.
morganm
Dimmy

Postby RoC77 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:28 pm

That is a good deal, those battle packs usually run around $10 a piece.
TROLOLO
RoC77
Playmobil

Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Return to Bricks