Look What the Lego Company Sent Me

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: fredde, Dr. X, ikensall

Postby ace121 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:11 pm

Thanks mate; I'm keeping it in one piece ATM because it's very sleek and functional, but there are many rare pieces in it, and it begs to be MOC'd ;)

"I am Aceman, bringer of quote"
ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby pesgores » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:05 pm

I keep my original sets. I do not take them apart to make MOCs. I only did it one time, to participate in a school MOC contest, and i won a prize.

The creation was Metal Gear FOX, the which i posted here some topics below this one.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby ace121 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:50 pm

Your school had an MOC contest? Lucky; mine pretends Lego doesn't exist...

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:04 pm

Sweet deal, man. My found the same set for $40, and I was a happy, unexpecting camper on Saturnalia morning. Surprisingly, I still have mine assembled, and it sits on a shelf beside my computer desk.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby ace121 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:01 pm

That is exactly where mine is positioned actually.
It's been a while since I've seen an actual bat mobile so I'm not sure how accurate the representation is. The opening hatch at the front seems a bit fishy...
Either way it is a sweet model.

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby pesgores » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:57 am

Oh, i got lucky: the school newspaper people are fans of LEGO, and one of them is a member of PLUG (http://www.plug.pt).

I won a fire-fighting helicopter and a medic's car. It was cool.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby kidko » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:37 am

Nice. Did it include a letter or anything, or did they just mail it to you and say "Wonder if he'll figure it out?"?

In any case, it's time to grab that box o' manuals for all the sets I own and start filling out surveys!
kidko
Officer

Postby ace121 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:40 pm

There's an easier way: just go to http://www.brickset.com/default.aspx . They have every (almost...) set ever made by TLC along with their ID numbers. Just go to browse and search for the sets that you own, and there it is. Much easier than searching through your instructions (If you are as organized as me :D )

Oh yeah and it did come with a letter from one of the upper management blokes, as well as the in-voice, and they sent me an e-mail informing me I'd won, so it was easy to figure out what the large parcel from TLC was ;)

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby Tesla Coyle » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:03 pm

Thanks for reminding me about this. I'm going to enter all of my LEGO codes.
TROLOLO
Tesla Coyle
Champion

Postby Erasmas » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:39 am

I did this the other day as well. There were several of mine that were too old and even more that were labeled as "invalid codes". I guess the company running the survey didn't include all of the sets. It seemed like most of those were the CITY sets...
:(
I am the Pantless Wonder!
TROLOLO
Erasmas
Hero

Postby Tesla Coyle » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:19 pm

I can't believe the luck that some of you have that people you know like LEGO. I can't seem to find anyone around here that does.
TROLOLO
Tesla Coyle
Champion

Postby ace121 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:23 am

Hey, all I have is one friend my age and a younger bro who really really sucks at building and warmongering (My friend only wins by being unfun and using nukes with realistic strength (Blows up whole room we're playing in) and my brother never wins. Ever.)

Still... It beats having no one :)

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby Tesla Coyle » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:16 am

I meant more like the MOC contests happening through your school. If I brought something like that up when I was in high school people's first response would be "wtf!"

I do have some people who are interested in BrikWars. My best friend loves using LEGO but until 3 weeks ago hadn't really touched them in 2 or 3 years and neither had I. When I found BrikWars it got us back into it and we build a couple hours a week now when we have off and the Womens do not.

I told a couple of guys that I used to D&D with and they are all interested in playing but unfortunately were deprived as children and do not have any LEGO.
TROLOLO
Tesla Coyle
Champion

Postby james+burgundy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:20 am

I did that poll a couple of time never got a thing tho but with spending a couple hundred dollars on legos i should have gotten one o i think. :(
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby Dr. X » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:08 am

Tesla Coyle wrote:I can't believe the luck that some of you have that people you know like LEGO. I can't seem to find anyone around here that does.

Not to brag, but:
I've got my younger brother (duh). Also, I'm lucky to have a friend form Denmark (yay), and of course he has a huge box of Legos and he builds with them too. But he's too zany to have a Brikwar, I've never even tried to teach him. There's also 2 of my other friends. One of them is a sorrid lego builder, he builds at my house mostly. I managed to teach him Brikwars, and I've been going after his only box of Legos forever, but his restrictive parents won't let him sell it. The other friend I turned on to Legos, and since he is an only child he gets like 10$ a week, and his parents buy him bunches of Legos too, so he's got a pretty good sized collection now of (new) pieces. I taught him Brikwars and we play it sometimes, and he is actually a pretty good Lego builder, the only one of my friends who builds color-coordinated. Then there is my best friend, and he has more Legos than my other friends combined, but still not as much as me. He builds un color-coordinated, but he's a good builder and very Brikwarsy. He's got a sprawling base not unlike mine and we have Brikwars sometimes.

I recommend turning your friends on to Lego. One of my friends never had any, but when he met me he saw all my creations and my gargantuan collection and now he's a great builder and he loves Legos and Brikwars.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.
Dr. X
Galidor

PreviousNext

Return to Bricks