BrickArms: Worth it?

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

BrickArms: Worth it?

Post by cleanupcrew » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:37 am

I recently gained a way to buy stuff online but unfortunately I only have 100 dollars to spend through that method. I was looking through the brickarms store and while the weapons are very attractive and well-made, many of them could be substituted with official Lego, albeit sacrificing a lot of aesthetic. Do you guys think it's worth spending a part of my 100 bucks on brickarms or forgo them?

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:58 am

I feel like Colette and Asterios should join together to form some kind of super-team. I don't know why this never occurred to me before. Asterios, do you have a sig-fig yet to team up with Colette's?

BrickArms is great, but not if you're on a limited budget. It's a better choice for adults with a pile of discretionary income. Unless you've got your heart set on some specific BrickArms elements, I'd stick to using that money for BrickLink buys and saving the BrickArms stuff for when you're more gainfully employed.

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:04 pm

I had no alternative but Brickarms for my main faction. I didn't have enough parts to make many brick built guns of any kind I had designed, so I went with Brickarms. Sure, I could have gotten them off Bricklink, but it's easier this way. I've heard GI Bricks, which is run by the creator's nephew and his wife, ship very fast and you'll get it within 2-3 days.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:01 pm

that is true, GI Brick was very reliable, and hardly a step down form brickarms' actual website.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:41 pm

Thanks for all the advice! Due to a very interesting item I found in one store, I decided to go ahead and buy some BrickArms as long as the shipping fee isn't too ridiculous. Everybody seems to like this "GI Brick" store, and while it's very good I had to resort to ToyWiz because they sold out of Mystery Packs. Anybody here have any experience with the toywiz website?

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:53 pm

I bought one thing from Toywiz once. ONE.

I was tailed with god knows how much spam for months afterwards.
Also they take bloody forever to ship. Don't buy from em.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:38 pm

Oops, I should have checked for new comments before I put in my orders for Toywiz and bricklink *braces for impact*.

Ah, well, GI Brick was my original idea, but they didn’t have a mystery pack and I don’t have any time once high school starts for this shenanigans. Also, toywiz might take a long time but at least it has camo and THIS:

Oh well, the only thing I can do now is pray and wait...

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:44 pm

Toywiz is horrible, it would be easier to drive 4 hours to their store than to order.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:39 pm

@Everyone: Everyone seems to be hating on Toywiz, when in fact I got everything in four days (They said 5-20 days shipping time) and an extra freebie weapon due to a mistake. I probably got lucky this time and I already decided I wouldn't order from there just to be safe, but it actually seems to function pretty well most of the time. I also got my first brick link order.