Which set should I buy?

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: fredde, Dr. X, ikensall

Postby Almighty Benny » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:50 pm

7 minifigs (including a badass pirate captain), 2 boats, monkey, parrot, shark, a bunch of treasure, and an awesome pirate fortress.

On the bottom level there is a jail and a large pit for filling with treasure/bodies that has a big iron gate. There is a cannon that has wheels to roll around the dock, but I would always make the pirates push it down the slope when the sailors attack. Really nice POOP staircase that leads to the second floor (although the same one can be found on Forbidden Island). The second floor has a big stone stove with chimney, a table and treasure map, and various cannonball piles. Across the bridge is a sweet ass crane, too. The upper rope bridge is the absolute perfect setting for buckling swashes and fighting swords. Also, I hold very strictly to the absolute truth that no Lego base (Brikwars or otherwise) is complete without a giant pirate flag.

Let me just close by saying that this is the only Lego-made base that I have actually staged Brikwars battles on, and they have all been awesome. There are so many cool hiding places, sniper spots, and little accessories (torches, cannonballs, etc), that this base makes for an ideal battlefield.

tl;dr: Almighty Benny is in love with this set
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby Thyclaine » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:26 pm

As much as I would like to get Rock Island Refuge, I don't have enough money as I would like.

But it does look like a nice set, I'll be sure to buy it later on like Bonn-o-Tron.
Time travel's been getting me down.
TROLOLO
Thyclaine
Hero

Previous

Return to Bricks