Your Set Ideas

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde

Your Set Ideas

Postby Thyclaine » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:50 am

Every Lego forum has one, why not us? Post ideas for sets that you think Lego should make.

Don't just say "Godzilla", say what scene, what battle, what monsters, give us details. What would the minifigs look like? Would there be minifigs at all?

My idea is for a World Leaders line.

For example, Teddy Roosevelt. His set could be during his African Safari. It would be him, many jungle plants, and an elephant. He would probably have to have new head and torso decals, maybe an Indiana Jones-style fedora, and the Winchester Rifle. (Which would be substituted by this, because it was modeled after a Winchester.)

Time travel's been getting me down.
TROLOLO
Thyclaine
Hero

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:00 am

Transformers, because I'm too lazy to design one for myself. All I would need is Depthcharge.

:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Re: Your Set Ideas

Postby Dr. X » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:12 am

Thyclaine wrote:Every Lego forum has one, why not us? Post ideas for sets that you think Lego should make.

Don't just say "Godzilla", say what scene, what battle, what monsters, give us details. What would the minifigs look like? Would there be minifigs at all?

My idea is for a World Leaders line.

For example, Teddy Roosevelt. His set could be during his African Safari. It would be him, many jungle plants, and an elephant. He would probably have to have new head and torso decals, maybe an Indiana Jones-style fedora, and the Winchester Rifle. (Which would be substituted by this, because it was modeled after a Winchester.)

Ya know, there is an entire raging discussion on TBB about wether Lego should make military sets, and a thread where you can suggest themes for Lego City 2010.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2008/07/04/lego-wants-your-ideas-for-lego-city-2010-news/

But your idea sounds awesome. I never would have thought of that. Btw, Teddy is my all-time FAVORITE president. He was frikin' awesome. Ya know, I should make a minifig of him, then he could fight in a Brikwar! YOU COULD HAVE A PRESIDENTS VERSUS PRESIDENTS BRIKWAR!!! OH YEAH!!! ROOSEVELT AND JEFFERSON VERSUS WASHINGON AND LINCOLN!! STEEL CAGE DEATHMATCH!! W00T!!

Has anyone here seen 'Hunt for the Red October'? It's the best submarine movie EVAR, it rocks. Well, if you have, I made a Marko Ramius mininfig and he pwns in Brikwars.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:30 am

Teddy Roosevelt once got in an argument with the head of the senate. Teddy challenged the 80-year-old man to a boxing match to settle the score. He declined, Teddy won the argument.

If I were to design a lego set/series, It'd be a concert scene. Specifically, a KISS concert. I'm not even that big of a fan of KISS, but they'd totally make the best minifigs. also, having POOP electric guitars would be great.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Dr. X » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:16 am

IVhorseman wrote:Teddy Roosevelt once got in an argument with the head of the senate. Teddy challenged the 80-year-old man to a boxing match to settle the score. He declined, Teddy won the argument.

If I were to design a lego set/series, It'd be a concert scene. Specifically, a KISS concert. I'm not even that big of a fan of KISS, but they'd totally make the best minifigs. also, having POOP electric guitars would be great.

That's one of the reasons Teddy pwns.

CONCERTS SUCK SO DO GUITARS.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby Almighty Benny » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:18 pm

Teddy Roosevelt can win a game of "Connect 4" in 3 moves.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby spacessj » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:53 pm

i wan to see some babylon 5 sets like thunderbolts and of course the station itself
ahp77 wrote:"always use melee weapons unless your enemies are annoying you"
spacessj
Officer

Postby Rody » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:14 pm

Dr. X wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:Teddy Roosevelt once got in an argument with the head of the senate. Teddy challenged the 80-year-old man to a boxing match to settle the score. He declined, Teddy won the argument.

That's one of the reasons Teddy pwns.

CONCERTS SUCK SO DO GUITARS.

actually I think the idea of a concert/rock band theme line could work rather well for lego, they could bring out stages, pyrotechnicians, groupies, drums, whatever..
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Dr. X » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:23 pm

Almighty Benny wrote:Teddy Roosevelt can win a game of "Connect 4" in 3 moves.

I don't think it was invented then, but yeah, he totally could. Teddy Roosevelt can beat My Little penises in a fistfight too!
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby Rayhawk » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:10 pm

Oh man, this sucks. Thanks to my non-disclosure agreement with Lego I can't share any of the funny ideas I've had over the years. I probably especially couldn't tell you if I once pitched a Lego theme suspiciously reminiscent of the adventures of GWAR.*

* note - for the record, I didn't actually do this. But I thought about it.
Last edited by Rayhawk on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Dr. X » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:14 pm

What's GWAR? Gorilla War? God's War? Gump War? Gallant War? Goofy War? Great War? Guest War? Gobble War? Goose War? Go get the Wimbledon Anorak Ramblings?

And that non-disclosure agreement skinks.

Sneaky Legolawyers! I mean.. uh, hobbitses!
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby Almighty Benny » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:24 pm

GOD WHAT AN AWFUL RACKET

That would be so sweet. I would buy a whole army of them just for the armor. Probably a little violent for TLC standards, though.

Anyway, Steampunk and Post-Apoc aside, I wish they would produce a wrestling theme. Gimmicked minifigs would be nice, as well as ropes for a Lego wrestling ring. Much like the basketball minifigs, the wrestlers could have a series of magnets inside them, enabling them to hold each other for pile-drivers and what have you. All the foreign objects and props are easily made out of already-existing pieces (with the possible exception of collapsible chairs).
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby Dr. X » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:51 pm

Almighty Benny wrote:GOD WHAT AN AWFUL RACKET

That would be so sweet. I would buy a whole army of them just for the armor. Probably a little violent for TLC standards, though.

Anyway, Steampunk and Post-Apoc aside, I wish they would produce a wrestling theme. Gimmicked minifigs would be nice, as well as ropes for a Lego wrestling ring. Much like the basketball minifigs, the wrestlers could have a series of magnets inside them, enabling them to hold each other for pile-drivers and what have you. All the foreign objects and props are easily made out of already-existing pieces (with the possible exception of collapsible chairs).

What about Lego-themed Legos? There could be a Lego Store set, with a miniature PAB wall, and minifigs holding mini-minifigs.. the big set could be Legoland. Imagine a Mini Dragon ride! And a mini Miniland! Also, there could be a new POOP, the Lego set box.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby ace121 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:28 pm

Ooh ooh! What about a famous ships line? They could make all kinds of famous ships from history, minifig scale, naturally. They could include military ships, but they wouldn't have to. There just aren't enough big ships in the Lego Navy...

Some examples:
*USS Arizona (Nothing screams sink me like the Arizona)
*QE2 (Lego people take vacations too)
*HMS Titanic (C'mon... Duh)

It could also include airships. I would be in love then.
*Hindenburg (Yeah...)

Oh yah, and sucks to be you Mike. Could you at least tell us what the hell you meant by GWAR?

"I am Aceman, bringer of quote"
ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby Dr. X » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:08 pm

ace121 wrote:Ooh ooh! What about a famous ships line? They could make all kinds of famous ships from history, minifig scale, naturally. They could include military ships, but they wouldn't have to. There just aren't enough big ships in the Lego Navy...

Some examples:
*USS Arizona (Nothing screams sink me like the Arizona)
*QE2 (Lego people take vacations too)
*HMS Titanic (C'mon... Duh)

It could also include airships. I would be in love then.
*Hindenburg (Yeah...)

Oh yah, and sucks to be you Mike. Could you at least tell us what the hell you meant by GWAR?

Hindenburg and Titanic = PURE LUV.

I've actually studied the Titanic for years, shipwrecks fascinate me. But TLF wouldn't make these, because they both WERE TOTALLY PWND and they was so much HUMAN SUFFERING. Lego's not like that. New Titanic building set with break-in-half feature and built in scream effects sound brick! Only includes 2 lifeboats! Now although this would be completely awesome, The Lego CEO (Kjeld Kirk Kristianseisnanenena or something) is a pacifist wussy, and he forces the entire company to HATE Military/War/Disaster stuff.
Dr. X
Galidor

Next

Return to Bricks