MOC collection #2: My army.. and some bonus ships

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde

MOC collection #2: My army.. and some bonus ships

Postby Dr. X » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:22 am

THIS!!!! IIIS!!! MY AARMAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!

Taking a leaf from ace's book, I've come up with a few squads. However, the bulk of my army is a ragtag group of randomly hired people, trained and untrained, skinny and fat, constipated and mechanized. The normal army has no continuity at all, and some are even armed with hot dogs and dynamites. Also included in this MOC collection are some vehicles, the last one very old.

And heeeeeere they are, all unfortunately photographed in my brother's airbase:

The bulk of my army. A huge, huge collection of minifigs. This is, however, only about 75% of my army, the rest still residing in my base. And this is only around half of my total minifigs, maybe less. This photo was taken at my annual minifig organizing day, which I have obviously annually. Big pile, huh? My largest Brikwar ever had ALL of my minifigs, nearly twice this much, and it was HUGE AND EPIC. I didn't take pics, though.

My Boss, sig-fig, commander of army, emperor, overlord, or whatnot. He is very angry, as always, and is walking epicly from a helicopter, with his cult. He can defend himself and does not need bodyguards, unlike ace's boss. Pleh.

The Jungle Squadron, also known as "Green Squad". They are jungley and nice.

The Marines, or the "Brown Squad". These are the elite of my army, lead by the highest ranking and most awesome general evar, Max Villano. These guys rock.

These guys can fit their entire squadron plus one driver into the indiana jones truck and jeep, as seen here.

The 'Skeleton Squad'. These peeps are slow, not very strong, and only use CC weapons, but dare hard to kill, and led by teh great King Toot.

The Special Ops guys. The 4 guys in the top left I made because I saw them over on SSL, and they were awesome, so I ordered some decals and made them. They are ninja-like and proffesional. The guy on the right is my awesome Swamp Sniper... mysterious and such a good shot he can hit a man at 4000 feet with his PSG1. He's also a Stingray, which means he can breath underwater, so they call him the Swamp Sniper, no one knows what his real name is.. the leader of this squad is a fat armored guy.

You might recognize this if you've read Calvin and Hobbes a LOT: "How many boards would the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hordes got bored?"

Here are my Halo spartans, with decals from SSL. They kind of pwn... meh.

And here is one of the old Spartans they replaced... the old ones were most loved, though...

The great King Kahuka and his brother the unknown amazon jungle guy:

And here is our state of the art rocket propelled waterskiing flintlock wielding armored pumpkin warrior.

This is an average soldier in my normal army:

And here is an average squadron of men from my normal army:

And lastly for the figures, here is our giant. He is doing the disco.

Giants may be ugly, but they have their uses:

Many uses...

Now for the vehicles. First off, a space fighter I built about a month ago, with it's own hood ornament.

Next, one of my favorite ships: The great S-12 Republic Dropship.

"Oh no, a fleebnork! He's chewing on our power couplings!"

"Luckily, we have our patented Fleebnork extermination system."

"PLEEEEEEH!! PLEH!! OWPLEH!! HELPLEH!!"

Next, we have our AvroJet DGX-9 Fighter. It is puur osm.

And, last and probably least, the SharkMech™. This is my first mech, I made it when I was 10. Back then, I built it for the sole purpose of putting lots of weapons on it. It has a missile launcher with 6 seeker Mk1s, twin GAU-88 chainguns, a gauss gun, 2 shrapnel cannons, a presicion laser rifle, a grenade launcher, and 2 small machine guns. I still think it looks badass, despite its age.

It may be old, chicken-style and rainbow-colored, but lemme ask you this: can YOUR mech parriouette on one foot?

Wellp, that's all, folks! Waddya think of it? Comments? Suggestions? Observations? Poop?

--Dr X
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby ace121 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:47 am

Too... Much... STUFF! Wow. You win. that's it; pure win. I love the green squad. Brown squad's cool too. And spec ops. And spartans. And that gunship... That is too good. You must be cheating somehow... But how? :lol:

If you're ever looking for someone to... I dunno... Give that stuff to for free? Well, let's say I'm open to discussion :D

EDIT: Aren't fleebnorks green? I have one in trans green; he's my secret weapon.

"I am Aceman, bringer of quote"
ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:48 am

"How many boards would the Mongol's hoard if the Mongol hordes were bored?"

My favourite quote ever. You win.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby Theblackdog » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:58 am

Wow. Where to start? You have an awesome hero and some great minifigs -- I especially liked the SpecOps squad. The ships were cool as well, especially the mech. That would look right at home on a Brikwars battlefield.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby superdave » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:51 am

[quote=Dr. X]This is an average soldier in my normal army[/quote]

There is nothing "normal" about this army. Great work.
TROLOLO
superdave
Hero

Postby Dr. X » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:07 am

Thanks guys! :D

And wow, I didn't think anyone had read Calvin and Hobbes enough to get that quote. I've read every single strip ever made of it. Nice Bonny.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby pesgores » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:00 am

Now we have the proof: armies presented on a battlefield look more cooler than others presented on a white background, or with your couch as a background.

And that isn't just one army. That's a LOT of 'em. You sure win.

Only Metal Gear FOX (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=321345) can destroy them all.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Dr. X » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:23 pm

pesgores wrote:Now we have the proof: armies presented on a battlefield look more cooler than others presented on a white background, or with your couch as a background.

And that isn't just one army. That's a LOT of 'em. You sure win.

Only Metal Gear FOX (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=321345) can destroy them all.

NEVAR. My boss is mutated, so he can project a force-feild around himself, protecting him form mealt gaar foxz. Then he would leap onto it's back and stab it really hard with his sword, ripping through the metal and into the cockpit with super-strength. And dat's not to mention my nuclear bomber, nuclear missile silo, second nuclear missile silo, sub-nuclear bomber, around 10 air attack fighters, war-blimp, juggernaut, boeing 787 kamikaze, giant tanker kamikaze, giant sandcrawler kamikaze, space rocket ship, post-apoc battle wagon of doom, T-1 typhoon, Black Seas Barracuda modified with twice as many cannons, giant technic droideka with mk70,000 guns, dragon, dinasoar, stegasauros, giant red triangular tower of doom, TIE interceptor squadron, jetsons rocketship, big blue behemoth, politician dropship, 4 speeders, spiffcraft, 2 more post-apoc cars, 150 minifigs, gigantic superweapon moon-mounted freeze ray, MTT with 2 droids, and not to mention MY CHEF.

But your MG fox is still awesome.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby pesgores » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:50 pm

No, wait, that one is the HK-51. I made some modifications and now he carries a lot of nukes. You can see him now!

Full body

"Look at all mah nukes..."

"W00t! Even in mah hands!"

"You must DIE, Dr.X!"

"Compare me to a regular trooper!"

"You have no chance!"

Ha ha!

You're still not convinced? Compare it to the mighty MTT.
And don't start pretending you have a really big load of pieces, we know you have what we see, and this is your official army. I can defeat you with no problems.

Dr. X wrote:My boss is mutated, so he can project a force-feild around himself, protecting him form mealt gaar foxz. Then he would leap onto it's back and stab it really hard with his sword, ripping through the metal and into the cockpit with super-strength.

MG FOX has a specie of force-field too, but electromagnetical, and he can deflect any fire and nothing can penetrate this field, nor come closer than 5 meters from him.

Missiles change trajectory, and if even they are programmed to explode just at the field border, the explosion wouldn't penetrate the field.

Its nukes are undetectable by radar and can deploy to 10000 miles from the starting point.

Forget it. It is umpenetrable. Even with weaknesses, the shield can only be activated from the cockpit and there is no "Self-Destruct" button. Once the shield gets activated, it can work without limits using the sun-rays or any other heavy light. If fully recharged, the shield battery can last for 10 days WITHOUT having to be recharged.

However, if the shield goes offline, because the pilot did so, he is vulnerable in some parts that i won't reveal...

If your soldiers try to hide, they will be trapped by the thermal radar anyways, with a 100 meters action radius.

No weapon can infiltrate the shield. Even if the shield gets activated, FOX's armor is very rough.

As for FOX's weaponry, he has:
-A light-recharging rail gun on his left arm;
-12 superbombs;
-2 energy-shield penetrative missiles;
-4 heavy nuclear warheads.

-The superbombs explode in a perfect circle of variable diameter, controlled by FOX's computer. When in manual mode, it has a 50 meters radius;
-The penetrative missiles come out of his "nose", and can penetrate electromagnetical fields of any energy frequence, except FOX's. FOX's shield has a special type of "password". Any penetrative material has to discover the password. However, the password changes every hour.
-The heavy nuclear warheads are 10000000 times more powerfull than the Hiroshima A-bomb. The power concentrates on a 1000000 kilometers circle, but inflicting much greater power inside it.

If his payload runs out, he still has the rail gun to protect him.

AND...

No photo shows, but he has a turbo-booster jetpack on his back, active even when the shield is online.

Of course, FOX can be controlled manually too, when the radar is deactivated or destroyed for some reason.

BOTTOM LINE...

-Your Hero's force-field can be disrupted by those special penetrative missiles;
-Even if they don't, your Hero won't be able to get closer to FOX enough to attack him, nor do his weapons.

NOTE: The pictures say they were shot in 1-1-2005. That's because i din't adjusted the hour and the day. They were took at the date of this post, maybe one hour before.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby ace121 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:53 pm

Um... Heavily armed indeed, but have you heard of armor? That thing would take a couple of rounds and be down. My valkyrie has far more armour and mobility.

Bottom line: the apprentice wins.

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby Almighty Benny » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:57 pm

Awesome stuff Dr. X!

That green ship is my favorite though, hands down. Also, I'm just curious as to what parts you used for the Gatling gun mounts on the mech. I mean, I can clearly see what they look like, but where did you get them?
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby pesgores » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:14 pm

ace121 wrote:Um... Heavily armed indeed, but have you heard of armor? That thing would take a couple of rounds and be down. My valkyrie has far more armour and mobility.

Bottom line: the apprentice wins.

His jetpack helps the balance. And i think you're forgetting the energy field that keeps everything away. Only FOX's weapons, with their special "passwords", can penetrate his own shield.

He is invincible.
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby ace121 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:15 pm

Simple simple my friend. You honestly think I don't have an army of computer hackers? Those passwords will be in the public domain by breakfast tomorrow!

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby pesgores » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:25 pm

ace121 wrote:Simple simple my friend. You honestly think I don't have an army of computer hackers? Those passwords will be in the public domain by breakfast tomorrow!

Y'see, that's the trick. I injected into FOX a genetic code. That's the password! The missiles and bombs have a special scent and...you will be bored, it's too technical.

Besides, the only thing that is controlled by computer is the radar and the targetting functions, not the shield emitter. This one is controlled by remote from the cockpit, then...wait, too technical too.

Then, simplifying:
-The shield blocks radio and sonic waves from the exterior! It's like chaff, it jams electronical systems that try to get inside the emitter controls.

You can try the times you want, it's impossible to hack/penetrate that thing!
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby ace121 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:26 pm

We'll surround it then. It'll run out of power eventually, and it's ammo will run dry far sooner. You're dead, admit it.

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Next

Return to Bricks