MOC collection #2: My army.. and some bonus ships

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: fredde, Dr. X, ikensall

Postby pesgores » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:30 pm

ace121 wrote:it's ammo will run dry far sooner.

You forgot the railgun. And he just needs to use his jetpack to fly out of there. Remember that the shield reppels everything? No one can be on his way to escape. You simply can't just defeat it.

But, if you get me a good scenario, maybe i can find the weakness...
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby ace121 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:37 pm

It's locked in mortal combat with the V-2 valkyrie. There is a wide net of anti-air artillery around the area and the hovertank corps has the ground covered. The entire battle area is surrounded by a plasma sheild that short circuits and destroys anything that touches it. My top scientists have cracked the biological code on your mech and two dozen pod rockets, each carrying nanobot tipped warheads are heading to your lacation. The nanobots have the genetic code and are programmed to eat through all metals besides the omnicarbonate that makes up the majority of my army's machines.

Served.

"I am Aceman, bringer of quote"
ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby pesgores » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:45 pm

If real, the situation had one last option:
The cockpit can eject and reach lightspeed.

"But that ship would be disrupted by the plasma field"

No, because it is launched, then when gets out of the field, it starts working. Behind the pilot's seat, the prototype plans are housed, and the suitable indications for mass-production.

Now, that situation would be impossible, because:
1-You don't have that army.
2-Even if you have, my army would come to the place and support me.
3-The "genetic" code is a way of talking. Its indentification is based on the structure of FOX: every inch, every piece of metal. Even with the best hackers in the world, you couldn't get the project to build another identical robot, because they're written down in paper and are hidden behind the pilot's seat, remember?

It's invincible, i say.

Now, do you have a reasonable scenario?
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Almighty Benny » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:46 pm

hey ace, you can be the new Foggy, if you're interested.

(The old Foggy from the frappr forums, not the newer version who sometimes shows up here).

I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby pesgores » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:49 pm

Excuse me, we are discussing an important matter.

Unless you know how to beat Metal Gear FOX...
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby ace121 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:52 pm

pesgores wrote:1-You don't have that army.

I beg to differ. And my army would already have killed the rest of yours :P

@Almighty: I don't remember Foggy, but if that pic defines him, I'm cool with it 8)

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby pesgores » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:55 pm

ace121 wrote:And my army would already have killed the rest of yours

Hum, no, because they were in my room and FOX would be in the center of the battle. And i, a human overlord, i protect my room.
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby IVhorseman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:32 pm

you know, one good Electro Magnetic Pulse would take out the whole damn system.

ALSO! arguing on the internet about who's invincible lego army would beat who's is exactly why i feel like hammering nails through my eyes sometimes.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby ace121 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:35 pm

Get to it then :D

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby pesgores » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:35 pm

You can't just trust the dice goddess.
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Dr. X » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:59 pm

Peeps, peeps, this argument is disruptive and pointless. My army would win. Your mech is puny and skinny. Just WHERE is the shield generator on your mech? I don't see it. WHAT is it's power source? My base's shield generator is powered by a combination of hamster power, solar power, and about 18 energy crystals. In my Lego world, the best possible power source is crystals. The rarer, the more energy they give. This can also be harnessed in explosives. The great Golden Sun Disk, the most powerful energy-giving artifact ever, is in our nuke, multiplying it's power exponentially. You see, my claims are based on reality. Does your mech actually have a shield generator, projector, and jetpack? Does the cockpit actually come off, and does it have it's own engine? A hyperdrive for lightspeed? You see, that big long list of stuff I gave a few posts ago, I actually HAVE all that stuff. I actually HAVE 2 nuclear silos and a huge army, not to mention practically unlimited resources. I actually HAVE a robotic tick trained in espionage and brain genetics.

Also, your so-called 'nukes' are PUNY. PUNY. My missiles are a dozen times as large as yours. Seriously, my long range nuke is 25 bricks tall, as opposed to your TWO or THREE bricks tall. More explosive power to WHOSE MISSILE? I've got 2. One is very thick and about 20 bricks tall, and can be loaded with tons of energy crystals for extra power along with it's warhead. The other one, the 25 bricks tall one, looks like this:

Your FOX is awesome, but face it, a single mech is not invincible. Nothing is. No vehicle is really invulnerable, no matter how much you defend it with your words.

My robotic tick could infiltrate your base with it's stealth technology, latch on to your mech pilot, and when he gets into FOX the tick would inject a mix of poison, mind control and truth drugs into him (The mix developed in my lab by which I actually have and by scientists which I actually have) The pilot would become very dopey, in a daze, and be forced by the tick's mind control drugs to turn off the force field (then he would fall asleep and die), thereby exposing a now defenseless FOX to my army, which would attempt to capture it and use it against your army, or just scrap it. You might be able to build another, if you actually have the bricks. Then we would devise another plan.

Also, even if you do have a shield generator, projector, and power source, no shield is invincible. My base shield is extremely strong, but not invincible. Is your shield, if you have one, a ray shield or deflector? Deflector reflects lasers and energy weapons also explosions, and a ray shield reflects solids like missiles, shells and bullets. Imagine every single ship of mine, all strafing your mech, all my turrets and cannons firing on it, a giant boeing 787 loaded with dynamite roaring toward it, along with a tanker also loaded being airlifted by 4 helicopters, a sandcrawler, also loaded, crawling toward it, every single one of my minifigs, firing on it, and 2 NOT PUNY nuclear missiles plummeting toward it. If you had a ray shield, teh nuke would hit it but the explosion would roar through it. And if you have a deflector shield, vice versa. Even if you had both, which would take up a LOT of space and power, no shield can withstand all the bombardment I mentioned earlier. Also, you cannot defend them with your fists because you have no interaction of your body between their universe. It is impossible, because of your different quantum signature. The link between out two universes is Brikwars, but there is no overlap. It is impossible. So you cannot physically defend them with your body. All those things I just said about your mech and my army, they would only happen if we were to have a Brikwar.

BOTTOM LINE:
Hamburgers don't taste good.

--Dr. X
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby ace121 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:18 pm

That was a long wall of text, but pesgores, I think it can be sumarised as this for you: Reality sux

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby pesgores » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:35 pm

You never saw Colonel Volgin's nuke?

Hey, finally someone made a good scenario. You see, that's the only weakness: the pilot.

The shield is a new type, invented by my super-brain scientist unit, as well as all the FOX structure.

The nukes are a new type, too. The chemichals are all pressurized inside the tiny space, so the explosion is very powerful and, as i said, it reaches the 10000 miles of diameter of a circle form.

The shield is emitted from the jetpack (not seen in the photos).

And the shield is simply a reppelant of organic material and explosions. Once the pilot touches one button, FOX becomes invincible, untill the shield's batteries run out. But, if in a lighted place, the battery lasts forever, as long as it doesn't short-circuit, if shut down for a while every month.

ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS:
1-You: Just WHERE is the shield generator on your mech?
-Me: Next to the jetpack.

2-You: WHAT is it's power source?
-Me: Any light source is enough to keep it functioning forever, untill it gets too hot and it short-circuits.

3-You: Does your mech actually have a shield generator, projector, and jetpack?
-Me: Yes, yes, yes.

4-You: Does the cockpit actually come off, and does it have it's own engine?
-Me: It is propulsed by the mech, and yes, it has an engine.

5-You: A hyperdrive for lightspeed?
-Me: Ok, maybe not.

6-You: Is your shield, if you have one, a ray shield or deflector?
-Me: It's an electromagnetical field, and some sort of a ray shield. It has less defense against heavy laser fire, but its invincible to normal laser beams.

7-You: If you had a ray shield, teh nuke would hit it but the explosion would roar through it.
-Me: Remember the "Genetic" code. Each nuke, bomb, and laser gun was specifically built for FOX. It's a "password" that matches perfectly.

FOX has a balanced design and all hostilities and possibilities of defense were thought.

BOTTOM LINE:
-The weakness is the pilot.
-And hamburguers do taste good.
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Dr. X » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:47 pm

The nukes are a new type, too. The chemichals are all pressurized inside the tiny space, so the explosion is very powerful and, as i said, it reaches the 10000 miles of diameter of a circle form.

Ok, wtf? All it is is a few tiny rocket pieces. My technical fluff is supported in reality by the Legos themselves. If your miniscule so-called 'nukes' can obliterate 10,000 miles in radius, then what to my nukes obliterate? About 85,000, if my calculations are correct. And since something that has eight times the radius will have around eight times the power.

Also, NO SHIELD IS INVINCIBLE. Too much energy will overload it. But however, you seem to be changing the stats of your shield every time. Your most recent post says that is has batteries, and it seems a solar cell also. Well then, our people willl construct a giant, giant board, with propellors on top so it can fly. We will hover it over your mech so the solar power does not work and it will run out of batteries. Also, your shield generator can't really fit into a jetpack, unless it is extremely small, in which case it be a lot less powerful. Does it have any power source, like crystals or energy cells? I recommend that you make a small seperate pack, with lots of machinery and some energy crystals, and put it on your mech's back. This is the generator. Use an antenna or dish as the projector, a bigger projector also contributes to shield endurance. Then decide if it's a ray shield or a deflector shield. Now THAT will be based in reality. You might have ad-libbed all your technical and shield stuff, you probably didn't even come up with the stuff until this argument flared up, and if memory serves you started it. Although I do like your mech and it's an awesome build, again it is not invincible, and shields are not either.

More on shields:

Deflector shield. These shields are constructed of a lattice of projected molecules tuned in on an energy frequency close to most lasers. They can therefore absorb energy weapons. However, the absorbed energy has to go somewhere. Normally, the energy is dumped into buffers located at the shield projector, which then dissapate the energy elsewhere. There is no possible way to reflect the energy off the shield, like a mirror, because of the nature of the shields molecular structure. It cannot be modified enough to be able to reflect energy or rays, although it can be polarized to allow energy weapons to pass through from the inside and not the outside. There is no 'genetic code' password thing for getting through the shield, it is impossible. Deflector shields can also absorb explosions from missiles or bombs, however deflector shields do not reflect solids, so a missile could pass right through the shield and destroy the target. If a missile hit next to it, though, the explosion would not penetrate the shield. The shrapnel and debris would, though. Also, fire is deflected by deflector shields. Although the shield does dissapate energy, it cannot deflect solids. That is to say, a bullet, missile, bomb, or trooper could pass right through the shield. However, people passing through the shield may be exposed to minor radiation.

Ray shield. These work in much the same way as deflector shields, however the molecular structure of the shield is of a different kind and intensity level. The ray shield converts matter into energy, that is to say, it disentigrates solids. The energy produced is again routed to the buffer, and dissapated. However, this shield does not convert energy into matter vice versa, so it will not stop lasers or energy weapons due to the entirely different atomic composition. Gases can also pass through. In general, ray shields take about twice as much power to run.

For both shields, endurance depends on two factors; the buffer and the power source. A larger buffer can dissapate more energy at a time. If too much energy is absorbed into a shield, ray or deflector, the buffer cannot dissapate the energy fast enough and the shield collapses, usually resulting in an explosion of the buffer. The larger the buffer is, the more energy it can handle at one time, resulting in progressively higher endurance levels. The second factor, the power source, is more important. A higher power source means that the shield has a more intense atomic structure. So a shield with a more intense energy field absorbs the energy more efficiently. For example, say a laser hits a deflector shield. With a tiny power source, the energy of that laser bolt would be transferred to the buffer raw, and very quickly. The buffer would have more energy and less time to dissapate, resulting in more likely failure depending on the intensity of the energy blast. Shields with more power can use extra to dissapate some of the energy at the point of impact, the more extra power the more it dissapates. It also slows down the speed at which the energy is transferred to the buffer. So with these two advantages, power source is very important. Now shields have a power source running requirement. The minimum amount of power needed to project a ray shield is twice the minimum needed to project a deflector. Now, say the power provided for a ray shield was twice the amount of the minimum. All the extra power would go into dissapating and slowing the energy at the point of impact, resulting in an easier time for the buffer and higher endurance levels depending on how much power minus the minimum needed to project is provided. I won't go into extreme detail here, but you get the point.

Now, when you build a shield generator and projector, the buffer is generally considered PART of the projector. So the larger your projector is, the better your buffer will be.

And I know that was a frikin' long post, but what can I say, I like the sound of my keyboard typing. And no I didn't copy and paste any of that from anywhere else.

--Dr. X
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.
Dr. X
Galidor

Postby ace121 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:11 pm

Tried to read that, got bored. Doc X is probably right though. Whether he is or not though, one well placed EMP blast will take out the whole system as IV kindly pointed out. EMP would work just by making contact with the sheild itself.

In other words:

SHUT UP! THIS IS STUPID

And that goes for this entire argument and all involved.

ace121
Cannon Fodder

PreviousNext

Return to Bricks