Your Armies' Best Technology?

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Thyclaine
Hero

Your Armies' Best Technology?

Post by Thyclaine » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:25 am

It's my hacker divisions teleporter. It's still in it's beta stages, (Note the mismatched bricks) but the Engineer-Bots are working around the clock to improve it.

See, it's very unstable. Unless it has exact settings put into it, it has a bad habit of closing the portal while the minifig is inside. Not a glood place to be.

Plus, if you don't constantly attend to the gamma ray generator, the clear brick on top, it will collpase into itself, creating a black hole for about 2 seconds, and destroying everything within 5 miles.

That little pack connected to the main structure, connected by the wire, is an X-ray generator. The combination of these two waves allows the user to teleport to another teleporter within 500 miles.
Time travel's been getting me down.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:31 am

I can't post my army's best tech until later because I am using it for a moc off.

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Post by ace121 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:19 pm

I can't be assed to take pictures of it, but imagine this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3296685

But with a small array of bits and bobs on the cockpit. Then add four small radar dishes, one under each wing. The bits and bobs are a ray sheild projector and its small buffer, there is a powerful fusion power core now built into the aircraft, and the radar dishes are the heat sinks.

Okay... It's highly experimental and can only block four attacks before beginning to overheat. Anything over eight and it will go into meltdown, causing either an implosion destroying the vehicle, or a nuclear explosion killing everything for a hundred or so meters immedialtely.

Hopefully, I can at least double the strength of its buffer and power source so it can be far more indestructible and far less nuclear explosiony :D

"I am Aceman, bringer of quote"

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:33 pm

Honestly, the only super high technology my armies possess is artificial intelligence equal to a minifig, plasma weapon technology small enough to be used in hand-held weapons, and repulsor-lift technology. you know, standard sci-fi crap.

I do have ONE creation with a really large, unique particle gun, but i'm uploading that later when i get pictures.

Thyclaine
Hero

Post by Thyclaine » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:30 am

IVhorseman wrote:Honestly, the only super high technology my armies possess is artificial intelligence equal to a minifig.
Nice. Sounds useful.
Time travel's been getting me down.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:55 pm

Here we go.

This is the Sandstorm SCD (Support Cannon Droid), top of the line technology for the Galactic Union. walking on four spear-tipped legs, it's true power lies in the enormous cannon located on top. capable of firing a solid beam with a three inch diameter, everything caught within the blast is incinerated at 6d6 damage. Unfortunately, the beam must spend a full turn charging up the blast before it can be fired, and if it is not discharged immediately, it explodes in a 2d10 blast.

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:11 pm

badass
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:47 pm

Death-star III and railgun tech. :twisted:
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

HVNSNT SOLDIER
Hero

Post by HVNSNT SOLDIER » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:28 pm

My army is more of an Inquisitional style, so mostly lots of shootiness and some weird instruments of destruction and punishment. My favorites would have to be some custom automatics i made for the troops and a special railgun in the shape of a cross. Also, some biological and plasma weapons are used, but not as often. FOR THE HOLY ONE!
When cities burn and armies turn to flee in diseray
The weak ones cry "tis best to fly and fight another day!"
But true heroes know deep in their marrow when they die and fall,
"Tis better to have faught and lost, than to have never faught at all!"

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:53 pm

The Grenade Launcher. Essentially it's a weapon that can fire MKI Grenades at a rate of up to 3 per turn. The grenades arc, so with the help of a Scout the Grenade Launcher trooper can attack enemies from behind cover.

No picture, but it was inspired by the gun on the left in this photo:
http://www.mocpages.com/image_zoom.php? ... ntry12.jpg

__Nero__
Nice
Location: In a dank dark cave plotting ways to kill peach colored figs and dimmies

Post by __Nero__ » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:10 pm

Well, I have a portal gun, a tactical recon robot with tracks and a mounted machine gun, orbital launch smart bombs, robots that run on windows xp, and an M80 .50 caliber sniper rifle that I am extremley proud of.
THIS! IS! BRIKWARS!

CreatioNZ
Hero

Post by CreatioNZ » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:24 pm

my army sounds cheap as my best technology is a minifig rifle. COMBINED DAMAGE!!!! And one of my friend's best piece of technology is just an everyday joe minifig.

gaunt
Officer

Post by gaunt » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:06 am

Best tech:

SHOOP DA WOOP!!!!!!

Seriously, upon request from my friend, I made a Shoop cannon.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:22 pm

pics or it didn't happen.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:19 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Here we go.

This is the Sandstorm SCD (Support Cannon Droid), top of the line technology for the Galactic Union. walking on four spear-tipped legs, it's true power lies in the enormous cannon located on top. capable of firing a solid beam with a three inch diameter, everything caught within the blast is incinerated at 6d6 damage. Unfortunately, the beam must spend a full turn charging up the blast before it can be fired, and if it is not discharged immediately, it explodes in a 2d10 blast.
I like the jackhammers.

What are the clear pieces behind the solar-panel type things? I don't think I've seen them before.