Custom Fig makers, I ask for you help!

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

EmperorValerius
Battlefield General

Custom Fig makers, I ask for you help!

Post by EmperorValerius » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:52 pm

I have start my collection of customized minifigs with one based on a favorite character (more on that to come). I've hit a few snags in designing him. First is the type of paint to use on ABS plastic that is permanent and finishes nicely. Second is what hair style should I use, as the character it's being based off has a strange hairstyle. Thirdly, does anyone know a place where to get the vibroswords as created by Victor "Unknown Artist" Sobolev?

The Character:

I know I'll get some crap for this, but I am a fan of certain story arcs of STARWARS: The Clone Wars. One of them happens to be the season 2 "Mandalore Trilogy" involving the reformed Deathwatch. The fig I am trying to make is Pre Vizsla. as seen in his debut armor.

Any tips and comments are much obliged.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Re: Custom Fig makers, I ask for you help!

Post by Whiteagle » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:30 pm

EmperorValerius wrote:I have start my collection of customized minifigs with one based on a favorite character (more on that to come). I've hit a few snags in designing him. First is the type of paint to use on ABS plastic that is permanent and finishes nicely. Second is what hair style should I use, as the character it's being based off has a strange hairstyle. Thirdly, does anyone know a place where to get the vibroswords as created by Victor "Unknown Artist" Sobolev?

The Character:

I know I'll get some crap for this, but I am a fan of certain story arcs of STARWARS: The Clone Wars. One of them happens to be the season 2 "Mandalore Trilogy" involving the reformed Deathwatch. The fig I am trying to make is Pre Vizsla. as seen in his debut armor.

Any tips and comments are much obliged.
...You haven't watch "A Friend in Need", have you?

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:29 am

Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

EmperorValerius
Battlefield General

Post by EmperorValerius » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:18 pm

Whiteagle wrote: ...You haven't watch "A Friend in Need", have you?
No, but I assume that is one of the season 4 Deathwatch episode? If so, I have seen pics online of Vizsla's new armor. Don't like the helmet adornments.
Last edited by EmperorValerius on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:03 pm

EmperorValerius wrote:
Whiteagle wrote: ...You haven't watch "A Friend in Need", have you?
No, but I assume that is one of the season 4 Deathwatch episode? If so, I have seen pics online of Vizsla's new armor. Don't like the helmet adornments.
...It's much worse then that...