Mini-Evolution

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: ikensall, fredde, Dr. X

Mini-Evolution

Postby Colette » Sat May 05, 2012 10:23 pm

Once upon a time, in a planet near the borders of the Trattorian empire, there was a planet named Unguu. Like Medivo, it had been completely isolated from the rest of galaxy and its inhabitants lived completely oblivious of the rest of the galaxy. But that was all about to change...

The small village of Unguu peoples was the only harbor of sentient life for miles around, but the villagers believed themselves to be the only in the entire universe. They had evolved stone-age technology and were led by a warrior-king.

Suddenly, the nearby river splashed and a few hunters beheld a strange sight, the dead body of another humanoid.

They quickly dragged the corpse out of the water for proper burial. The uniform and insignia had degraded considerably but it was clear that he was not from anywhere nearby. The warriors were most interested by his orangle-glass implement that cut them whenever they touched it, taking it as a holy symbol.

The warrior-king of the Unguu arrived to inspect the new situation and grabbed the OTC. But this OTC was special among the special, able to influence the minds of others for its own ends. The OTC showed the Unguu king mere evanescent glimpses of flying red cities being attacked by veiled black ones, a figure with a flaming head. The king could not remember anything particular he saw but was left with the feeling of something bigger than their world. He felt the Unguu would need to advance in order to survive, to evolve.

TL;DR: Everyone can suggest actions that the Unguu can take to advance themselves, the goal is to see how high of a tek level they can attain before being wiped out. People can also suggest events than can happen to the Unguu (although I’ll mainly be responsible for that). So kind of like Zahru’s Ork Tower thread. I’ll collect and act on suggestions whenever I have time.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Re: Mini-Evolution

Postby Timedude » Sat May 05, 2012 10:39 pm

Build a tree rocket via the magic of ABS...?
Use the OTC to power a primitive rock casing fission reactor?
Magic?
Put a guy in the pod and then try and jump start it with a CAMPFIRE?
Invasion of Dungans?
Reverse engineer said pod (again, using rocks and trees?)
Use the OTC to literally *chainsaw* a hole in the universe and use it as a portal?
Build something to amplify the OTC's mind control powers and attract a nearby space-faring force?
Mind control enough minifigs to stand on top of each other until the leader reaches space?
Visit their local Mystik and get somer advice?
Modify their cows with the teck from the pod into laser shooting, rocket powered SPACE COWS?
Mutagenic effects of the pod + the OTC mutate the inhabitants?

:|
Need I continue?

Or they could do something dopey like just breed and invent rockets after 5000 years like slow people....
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .
:csi:
Timedude
Cannon Fodder

Postby Ham701 » Sat May 05, 2012 10:44 pm

It's like you built a time machine and stole my idea for my summer brikwars campaign.

In any case, start having lots of sex. Only the finest warriors may breed. Also, try to find more tribes to unify under the king and make them have lots of sex.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

Postby Porphyrogenitus » Sat May 05, 2012 10:58 pm

The obvious first step is for them to build an altar from the remains of the pod (surmounted by the helmet of the deceased Spaceman), and begin to offer sacrifices to the OTC (mounted on the altar). The goal would be for the OTC to accept these sacrifices and give the Great Grand High Potentate (chief priest of the new religion founded around the OTC) visions that will guide their people to greatness.

I'd suggest that one of the early visions might inspire them to build some dwellings. Ideally they'd be from a low-tek red brick and would have floor patterns based on the OTC design.

Edit - I forgot to add, that if you are ever having sacrifices going on in a brik religion, they must escalate into human sacrifice eventually. This is more true with the Potentatoes (or whatever you want to call their new cult) than most, since their object of worship is the very essence of manslaughter and dismemberment.
0 Lord, save Thy people and bless Thine Inheritance. To our Rulers grant victories over the barbarians, and by Thy Cross protect Thine own Estate.
Porphyrogenitus
Officer

Location: Aurora, Indiana, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Postby Colette » Sat May 05, 2012 11:12 pm

@Nitewatchman: LOL, I'll probably just simplify the list into "reverse-engineer the pod with trees and rocks and try to do something with it". It won't take 5000 years though, it won't be long until they reach medevil status, then WWII, then modern day, then finally get into space, then turn into a small interstellar empire, then finally evolve into an ASE tek level 6 empire (OK so that might take a while). The OTC is supposed to speed things up.
Colette

Postby Silverdream » Sun May 06, 2012 12:05 am

Use the OTC to mine a system of tunnels. Strike and capture other tribes, and unite them by all horrifying caveman methods you can think of.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Alex » Sun May 06, 2012 1:02 am

Silverdream wrote:Use the OTC to mine a system of tunnels. Strike and capture other tribes, and unite them by all horrifying caveman methods you can think of.

Or try to tell other tribes that the OTC is a sign from the gods that the chief is destined to rule all of the tribes, thereby uniting them.
Alex
Dimmy

Postby Zahru II » Sun May 06, 2012 2:06 am

Like any savages, some of the Unguu should consider the OTC as a magick artefact and worship it religiously, while the others would reject it, eventually escalating this spiritual conflict into a nationwide civil war that would tear their civilization apart.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Colette » Sun May 06, 2012 10:16 am

The local shamaness-mystik arrives and immediately sets to bashing at the drop pod with branches and leaves.

She then instructs the villagers to chop down a tree, which the chieftain does using his OTC chainstaff.

After a little bit of work and assembly, the shaman’s plan is realized-the tribe now has a wooden cannon and a musket thanks to the new knowledge of gunpowder and explosions.

Meanwhile a warrior taps a huntress and asks her about making more tribesmen.

*Off-screen action where no parent can see LOL*

This results in two baby tribesmen that will mature in the next update.

The warrior-king brings his OTC-staff, his best warriors, and a cow-mounted wooden cannon with him to seek out other tribes. After a long and perilous journey, they encounter a small band of orks.

These orks made shelter in the carved face of a mountain, and have evolved basic metallurgy for weapons and armor.

The orks were initially apprehensive and very aggressive, but it soon became apparent that the ossum of the OTC was simply unbeatable.

After the Unguu rounded up the remaining ork forces, the warrior-kings of both tribes made an agreement to integrate into and protect the Unguu tribe.

Many orks died of their wounds in the journey back, but the survivors were allowed to settle in a plot of land adjacent to the village.

The shamaness, with the help of a few of the lesser warriors, erects the remains of the drop pod and claims it as their new altar for the OTC. The other glass piece is placed nearby and will serve as their human-sacrifice altar.

The warlord chooses his new musketeer to explore with him down the Kaverns of Evuul and try to dig up some tunnels to mine ABS.

They return with crates after crates of red ABS. Luckily no evuul spawned in the cave this time.

They then proceed to construct a red house, in the style of the Scythian battleship the warlord saw in his first vision.

Finally, some lesser warriors begin grumbling about the inequality the new OTC has created within the tribe, and begin plotting to somehow dispose of it and return to the old order.

*The Unguu have evolved from ToolAge to BronzeAge due to their discovery of gunpowder, mining, and metallurgy*

TL;DR: Everyone can suggest actions that the Unguu can take to advance themselves, the goal is to see how high of a tek level they can attain before being wiped out. People can also suggest events than can happen to the Unguu (although I’ll mainly be responsible for that). So kind of like Zahru’s Ork Tower thread. I’ll collect and act on suggestions whenever I have time.
Colette

Postby Timedude » Sun May 06, 2012 11:27 am

This kinda reminds me of Spore.
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .
:csi:
Timedude
Cannon Fodder

Postby Zahru II » Sun May 06, 2012 11:28 am

Subjugate the orks and use them as slave labor.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Alex » Sun May 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Have the tribe try to further advance its metalworking skills and use the advances to create more weapons and armor. Apply the metallurgy skills to turn the wooden cannon into a metal one. Train some cavalry. Also look for more tribes to unite.
Alex
Dimmy

Postby Silverdream » Sun May 06, 2012 1:04 pm

The cavalry should be giant lizards. Try to domesticate wolves into obedient yet savage guard dogs.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Robot Monkey » Sun May 06, 2012 1:20 pm

Have them build a statue using the skeleton and igniting it's skull, to make it a tribute to the flaming-headed man in his visions.
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby lawmaster » Sun May 06, 2012 3:31 pm

make a sacrafice to please gods so that the tribes people may get a bottle of maniac beer to go along with the leaders OTC
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*
lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Next

Return to Bricks