What do you think about CUUSOO's current state?

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: fredde, Dr. X, ikensall

Re: What do you think about CUUSOO's current state?

Postby dilanski » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:45 pm

CUUSOO Has worked as shown by the kits it has produced, however TLG isn't using retail stores for distribution, probably because most of the sets wouldn't sell in huge numbers. As for the ideas that haven't got through, well most of them were either unsuitable completely, or had themes against what Lego want to 'endorse'.

Does anyone else have high hopes for the EVE Rifter ship? The model looks good, the developer of EVE, CCP has been 100% supportive of the idea, with Lego kits showing up in some of there development videos, and they advertised the CUUSOO page at the game log-in screen, plus the game doesn't go much further than SW in terms of content, only nothing bad ever happens on screen.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby Insert_blank » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:03 pm

I agree with the OP. Cuusoo is really cool but I was just on there and half the ideas were different Starwars ships for different Clone Trooper groups. Modular Western looks awesome and I will totally buy all of those if they come out but like Back to the Future? Zelda? I have little interest in those. I think Cuusoo should be more about your own ideas, not different movies and games you think are cool.

This is the coolest thing I've seen on Cuusoo and I would love to see this on shelves but more people seem to want SW stuff anf their favorite movies/games. http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/1297 Can you imagine a Brikwar on this thing?

The Space Marine idea looks cool too and they did just make the Galaxy Patrol figure. Actually I have a theory they're going to be making that. The Aliens theme last year was the first time aliens invaded Earth and now maybe in the next one we're going to return the favor to them.
萌えを覚えっていますか?
Douse yourself in water and repent.
Insert_blank
Cannon Fodder

Postby Zupponn » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:04 am

*Looks at Space Marine page*
*Sees 6667 supporters*
:666:
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Re: CUUSO is dying!

Postby sjosten » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:20 am

Spoiler: show
Yes I know I'm a few days late, but at least I didn't wait until it counted as a necro.

Colette wrote:barring practically all IPs that aren't at a my little ponies-level of appropriateness

They actually shot down My Little penises. Nukes can't get in, even when they're also rainbows.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.
sjosten
Minifig

Re: CUUSO is dying!

Postby Silverdream » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Colette wrote: I mean, I didn't care much for the Serenity project, but they rejected it on the grounds that the theme was "inappropriate" and "not for the target audience." The heck? I don't know much about the show, but it doesn't seem to give off the impression of a pr0nographic gorn fest, and in fact according to that commonsense media website it is within the TLG target range (which I assume is 7-12). Even if it was somehow in actuality a pr0nographic gorn fest and I just didn't know it was, TLG is willing to make Avengers sets, a movie that features somebody's eye getting gouged out? I don't even at their hypocrisy.

Zoe Alleyne Washburne wrote:"If they take the ship, they'll snuggle us to death, eat our flesh, and sew our skins into their clothing. And, if we're very, very lucky, they'll do it in that order."

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Gungnir » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:23 pm

I hate the fact that there are typically a million of the same thing on there. Do you know how many Doctor Who posts have been made? Too many, for sure.
If people would just search for stuff they want, and then support it, Lego might already be making Doctor Who stuff.
Give a minifig an inch, and he'll murder for a mile.
Gungnir
Dimmy

Postby lorbaat » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:10 pm

Gungnir wrote:Lego might already be making Doctor Who stuff.

I'm relatively sure the fine folks at Character Building would probably have a thing or two to say about that.
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby stubby » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Character Building had Batman for awhile, don't forget. Licenses change hands all the time.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby lorbaat » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:43 pm

stubby wrote:Character Building had Batman for awhile, don't forget. Licenses change hands all the time.

My MegaBlox Iron Man has no idea what you're talking about.
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby Whiteagle » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:44 pm

I've honestly never been much of a Cuusoo guy... for some reason their registration scares me off...

Still, I wonder how well received a combination of two great Lego themes into one would be...

Space Western!
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby dilanski » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:35 pm

The winter review deadline has just passed and both qualifiers are practically lemons. So CUUSOO is it dead dying or decomposed?
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Previous

Return to Bricks