Moderators: Arkbrik, Hoboman

Postby kiemaster » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:39 am

james+burgundy wrote: maybe be

be be be be baby!!!

*brakes into song and dance*
kiemaster
Dimmy

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:04 am

Magic Soap wrote:I haven't read all this whining crap from J+B, but Piltogg was Austrian, and Nazism originated in Bavaria.

And Hitlers role during world war 2 was completely different to the roles played by the leaders in world war 1 (more propaganda, less assassination and crap)

As for all germans being Piltogg's - and it will be only as matter of time before they swing back around? Thats like saying every Englishman is conservative, is capable of drinking the entire Indian Ocean in the form of Tea and never talk about sex, Or that every American is retarded and believes that THEY saved US during world war 2 - and that germany never declared war on them (which Germany did, hoping to get Japan on their side after the events of pearl harbour) - Seriously, check American history books - the last time I learned this little fact was off a friend in Oregon who turned around and told me America declared war on Germany (not the other way around) and they saved us from being an Island full of Piltogg's - after all, their history book said so.

In Japanese schools - they never used to teach school students that Japan launched the attacks on Pearl Harbour (thus starting Japan's role in the war) due to the nuclear attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which rendered their nation dishonoured, and ended one of the longest imperialistic lines in history. Today, that dishonour can still be seen throughout almost every level of their culture.

However - as far as I know (I read this from a book a few years back) The German military is still capped (in essence) in how much of a ground, air and naval forces it can field - and every soldier is taught conscience in their actions, and are given the power to overthrow the government (within good reason) if the events of World War 2 look as if they are ever going to repeat (The United Kingdom also has this for dire circumstance) - And Germany is still playing reparations for the acts they committed in World War one and two.

So basically - Germans automatically being Piltogg's? Go and learn your history, until then - go cram it where the sun does not shine-eth! :twisted:

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Warhead » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:43 am

Course it helps if your insane too.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby stubby » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:29 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:As for all germans being Piltogg's - and it will be only as matter of time before they swing back around? Thats like saying every Englishman is conservative, is capable of drinking the entire Indian Ocean in the form of Tea and never talk about sex, Or that every American is retarded and believes that THEY saved US during world war 2

To be fair, every American really is retarded and believes that they saved you in WWII. Which is silly, because as far as Europe is concerned, the role of the US and UK was to try to barely stay alive while we waited for Mother Russia to come rescue both of us.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:35 pm

:D
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:30 pm

stubby wrote:
The Shadowscythe wrote:As for all germans being Piltogg's - and it will be only as matter of time before they swing back around? Thats like saying every Englishman is conservative, is capable of drinking the entire Indian Ocean in the form of Tea and never talk about sex, Or that every American is retarded and believes that THEY saved US during world war 2

To be fair, every American really is retarded and believes that they saved you in WWII. Which is silly, because as far as Europe is concerned, the role of the US and UK was to try to barely stay alive while we waited for Mother Russia to come rescue both of us.

Mother russia with its ageing military equipment, rather odd weapon programs involving dogs and bombs, and suicidal infantry wave tactics?

Feh - it'd be like saying France's role in the war was to build the freaking death star, rather than their actual role in bending over and taking Piltogg love truncheon while smoking baguettes with snails in them or some shit like that . . .

The Shadowscythe

Postby Warhead » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:01 pm

Historically the British, French and Russians all had better tanks. What they didn't have was good leadership or tactical know how. The Germans were innovative and driven. They made major gains at the opening of the war but had no choice other than to keep going. The invasion of Russia was a mistake but one that could not be avoided for long. The end was inevitable but the Germans believed they could sue for peace under their own terms if they just held out long enough and had the right type of weapon or leverage to hold the world ransom (atom bomb). What they failed to realise however was the unforgiving view the world had adopted due to many factors the Germans had self perpetuated.

They asked for it, they had it coming and they got it.
Last edited by Warhead on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby james+burgundy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:04 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:Mother russia with its ageing military equipment, rather odd weapon programs involving dogs and bombs, and suicidal infantry wave tactics?
Boy you best not be dissing Russia now ..
james+burgundy
Pooplord

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:24 pm

james+burgundy wrote:
The Shadowscythe wrote:Mother russia with its ageing military equipment, rather odd weapon programs involving dogs and bombs, and suicidal infantry wave tactics?
Boy you best not be dissing Russia now ..

Between World War one, the Russian civil war - and Russian communism in the age - they basically had so many different "Levels" of military equipment and training, that while they added to their strength through numbers - shot themselves in the foot as a coherent military force.

During the German attacks on Russia - the russians had so many tiers of troops, starting off with the well trained, well equipped troops, down to fresh faced 18 year old siberians who where lumped with moth eaten woollens and bolt rifles that would break after 3 (or less) shots, and that situation still exists in Russia today - their army split into so many levels of preparedness that no two units could effectively be called the same.

The only reasons the Piltogg's bounced off of Russia was down to when they attacked - they could deal with the Russian Army, but not with the Russian winter, which broke down men, machines, and the supply lines to feed them - and In the end, the Russians fell down on their harsh winters and infantry wave tactics to strong-arm the Piltogg advance backwards.

. . . And I can "diss" whatever the fuck country I like, "Boy" don't even get me started on the fucking italians

The Shadowscythe

Postby stubby » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Actually that's not true - Russia was the only country to develop a successful defense against blitz warfare - namely, to destroy all infrastructure and resources in Ukraine so that there were no focused strongpoints to attack, negating the advantages of the blitz. (In the process, Stalin racked up more millions of lives' worth of death toll among his own Ukrainians through starvation than the Nazis ever managed with their Holocaust. Advantage: Stalin!) Even before the winter, once they hit Ukraine, the eastern front was just a giant unfocused sponge that the Nazis threw tanks at without any ability to achieve tangible results.

Having a mismatched and untrained army is fine as long as you're willing to throw away the lives of tens of millions of your citizens, and Stalin was the perfect guy for the job. This was a second factor helping out their "sponge" strategy - even when the blitz could pin down a Russian force concentration long enough to have something to shoot at, they were just mowing down disposable cannon fodder that Stalin didn't care that much about anyway.

If the Russians hadn't been willing to spend millions of lives to keep the bulk of the Axis war machine fruitlessly and indefinitely occupied, there wasn't much anyone else could have done to stop their unfettered military. D-Day was a big deal and everything, and I'm gonna let you finish, but the freedom of the democratic world was purchased with soviet blood.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Yea, but you could say the same thing about France. By being pansies they kept Germany occupied by, well, occupying France.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby piltogg » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:11 pm

only there, it made a very nice buffer zone when the tide turned.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Pvt Expendable » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:13 pm

the Russians hadn't been willing to spend millions of lives to keep the bulk of the Axis war machine fruitlessly and indefinitely occupied, there wasn't much anyone else could have done to stop their unfettered military. D-Day was a big deal and everything, and I'm gonna let you finish, but the freedom of the democratic world was purchased with soviet blood.

actually the truth to this is very much so,if you get time look up howmany germans died on the eastern fron Vs wetern front unfortunatlet this fact falls into 'unpopular culture

the soviets did 60% of the job
usa didd 30%
britain 9.995
france including fattenign up all those germans on fine food counts for 0.005 percent ofthe war effort,... a german soldies stubbed hi toe when facing off agains the french it ws sore for 2 days
Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Postby Apollyon » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:30 am

Warhead wrote:Historically the British, French and Russians all had better tanks.

WTF? Tigers?! Panthers!?
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
constantly striving to using proper grammar

Postby Warhead » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:36 am

I was going to write a big explanation with lots of pictures and a chart graph but then decided the mistake was mine and I didn't need to get all defensive. I meant at the start of the war and should have said so in my statement.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork